Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

I don't know what to put here. Guys? GUYS?!
Heat Spreadsheet
OOC/Discussion Thread

The Background

(Will be putting information here as we go)

The Roster

(Will be fixing this up when I have time)

Wrestlers:

El Canada
El Bavaro
Skyhawk
Cobra
Richard "The Surgeon" Royston
Howard "Howitzer" Reynolds
Goro "Chief" Ryotsu
Frankie Fishhook
Marcus "The Ranger" Riker
Thunder
Joseph "The Viper" Young
"The World Warrior" Konohiro Yamazaki
Damien Deville
"Five Star" Frank Cobb

Managers/Valets:

Smiling Sammy G

On-Screen Staff:

Donald Warren (Owner)
Mike Stanton (Heel Announcer)
Phil "California Power" Thomas (Face Announcer)
June Varelli (Backstage Interviewer)
Shaena and the PCW Dance Troupe

Off-Screen Staff:

"Gentleman" Gerald Glover (Road Agent)

The First Card:

CARD SUBJECT TO CHANGE

Segment #1: Crowning A New Heavyweight Champion

Match #1: El Canada & El Bavaro vs Skyhawk & Cobra

Segment #2: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Royston

Segment #3: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Chief

Match #2: Richard "The Surgeon" Royston vs Howard "Howitzer" Reynolds

Segment #4: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Riker

Match #3: Goro "Chief" Ryotsu vs Frankie Fishhook w/ Smiling Sammy G

Segment #5: Comments on Heavyweight Situation - Viper

Match #4: Marcus "The Ranger" Riker & Thunder vs Joseph "The Viper" Young & "The World Warrior" Konohiro Yamazaki

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-ON CAMERA-

A crowd of people, maybe in the 500s, is standing on their feet, cheering their hearts out as a giant logo flies across the screen. The logo shows signs of being from the 80s, the last time PCW could draw a crowd, with a cheesy looking wave over a very simplistic PCW. As the camera pans, a voice familiar to those who've seen PCW before, the sound of Phil Thomas' relaxing voice. He sounds happy, although not very energetic.

"Welcome, everyone. For some of you, welcome back. For others, welcome for the very first time. Welcome to Pacific Championship Wrestling's weekly show, Sunday Night Slam. We're back on the air for the first time in seven years. My name is Phil Thomas, some people still call me by my ring name, California Power. Tonight, you're going to see some of the best wrestling the west coast has to offer. With me is Mike Stanton, our very opinionated and energetic play-by-play man."

The camera finally moves to the two men, looking over the crowd. Phil moves to get some cheers from the crowd. Mike takes the opportunity to get himself some heat. "Despite my colleague's best efforts, this isn't the 80s anymore. Welcome! Tonight's card is packed from top to bottom with some of the biggest up and comers in the business. Assuming you're still awake after that intro, let's move it to the ring with our new owner, Donald Warren. He's going to give us a quick heads up on the Heavyweight title situation."

The camera goes back to the ring, where Warren is standing with an empty bracket standing next to him. He misses his cue by a solid fifteen seconds.

-BEHIND THE SCENES-

Gerald Glover, along with a few of the producers, are staring wide-eyed at the unmoving owner, and is already looking for people to send out there if needed.

-ON CAMERA-

Warren finally catches his cue and starts to ramble on. "Hi, everyone. I'm here today to explain to you how we are going to crown the new Pacific Champion..Um, Heavyweight..Championship." Warren starts to stammer, but tries to finish the thought. "To decide this, we're going to have a 16 man tournament, with the best from the west against..the.. best!" The crowd seems to be trying to cheer, but the screw ups are messing with the timing and the pacing.

"For this show, winning a match guarantees entry into the tournament! The rest will be chosen by lottery before the drawing of the brackets next show. Any questions?" The crowd groans at that, as some music starts to play, in a very generic sounding tune that sounds important, but not very memorable. This may be Warren's music.

-BEHIND THE SCENES-

Glover sighs. "Oh, for gently caress's sakes. Get the luchas out there. Preferably, about five minutes ago. Also, this owner thing isn't going to work out like this..Damnit."

-ON CAMERA-

"Big words, if he could get them out." Mike says with a bit of a sneer.

"Give the guy a break, you should have seen some of the guys back in the day. First time jitters are normal. Now, onto our first match, a tag team match with Lucha Libre rules featuring four masked men. It should be an amazing match, with energy to match Mike here. Let's go to the ring."

In the ring, after clearing out the stuff left in there by Warren, stands a stocky man with a deep voice, as he prepares to announce the team of Skyhawk and Cobra.

Match is, basically, Galaga controlling this team vs Frankenfreak controlling the Els. Tekopo and Unknown, one or both of you take announcing duties. Go ahead and do the full entrances before setting up the match proper. Also, if you haven't already, look up what your starting Audience and Momentum should be, and put it in the spreadsheet. If you have time, please edit the spreadsheet as needed to match the numbers of where things should be. Whoever has the highest starting momentum between Skyhawk and El Bavaro starts with control of narration.

Also also, for Propaganda and Tempus (when he gets back), go ahead and have Viper and Riker participate in the backstage stuff if you want. It's just an exasperated road agent at the moment, but it could change.

The Lore Bear fucked around with this message at 06:39 on Sep 22, 2014

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-BACKSTAGE-

"Are you kidding me, an enziguri to a fall? Where are we, Mexico?" Another one of the older road agents, the man who used to announce in Phil's stead, Doug Masters. He could pretend to be a decent human being, but he was known as a real scumbag backstage. Possibly racist, homophobic, sexist, the whole nine yards of terribleness. He was kept on because Warren didn't know anything about the real Doug. "Look, we're going to need to talk to these guys when they get back here. We can't have them "

Hard choices abound.

-ON SCREEN-

The ref gets close to Skyhawk, giving him the finish first before the others. "Skyhawk, you can take Bavaro's finisher, right? Book says we need to protect Cobra here, you know how it is."

Telegraphing the finish here, but not calling it yet. Go ahead and get a few more sequences in.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-OFF CAMERA-BACKSTAGE-

Riker:

Masters gives a look at Riker, and looks to be about to say something when Warren shows up. Warren looks like he's about to sweat through his suit, and some of the road agent types seem to already be preparing to otherwise get into the man's good graces. The older gentlemen looks at them, nervously. "So, how did I do?"

No one seems to want to answer right away, but are all giving one another looks. "Well, it could use a little work.." was the closest thing to an answer, given by Grover as he looks at the others.

The Match Participants:

Seth looks to the left and right, pulling off his maple leaf mask a little. "Hey, I'm just happy to get out there at all. Kinda wish I didn't have to wear the mask, but a payday's a payday, am I right? Better than any other gigs further east, ya know?"

Right as Canada ended his sentence, one of the other wrestlers waiting in the Gorilla Position speaks up. It's Frank Cobb, donning a business suit and not looking like he's ready for a match. "Keep it down about the paychecks. I heard that Warren's been really weird about who's getting paid and who's not."

Off the top of Skyhawk's head, he knows he's still getting paid the same he was before the buyout.

Viper:

June Varelli is out, dressed in a professional-looking outfit and helping the TV crew set up the interview area. After a quick switch of programming, the booking crew decided that Viper would be the first one to go, since he'll probably be the best to remember. June gives a serious, short nod, looking over her notecards. "We've still got a few minutes, but are you ready? You need anything?"

On-Camera:

The announcers are hyping the tournament, saying that the roster will be filling out as needed to get the sixteen men needed to fill the tournament. There are even talks of amazing talents from all over the world, which could just be pure hype. Whatever it is, this thing is being sold as really important.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

-INTERVIEW, BACKSTAGE-

June looks over at Royston, trying not to roll her eyes. "You two need to keep in the loop. Things are being switched around to try to setup for the upcoming matches. We're going to do Viper's first, then yours. Right before your match. You'll have plenty of time to handle everything, there's a commercial break between when they show Viper's and your own. They were hoping to turn this into a more reality-based atmosphere."

June straightens up, checking some of the lights and trying to help the producers set everything up.

Viper's gonna do an interview first, it'll be a few prompts, and you roll one Cut a Promo or Break Kayfabe move, depending on what's actually being said. Also, there's some time to chat before the interview prompt below. I may tone down the number of alternative things going on in the future, but right now, it works to keep things on track.

CAMERA ON, INTERVIEW

June smiles towards the camera as the red light turns on. "Thank you, Mike. Thank you, Phil. I'm here with the one they call The Viper, the former all-American himself, Joseph Young. Given the announcement from the owner, Donald Warren, how do you like your chances of making it into the tournament tonight when you team with Konohiro Yamazaki against Marcus Riker and Thunder?"

-BACKSTAGE, LUCHADORS-

"Wonder who they're bringing for that tournament. Hopefully no one from Mexico, ain't that right, Bavaro?" Cobra nods over towards the Bavarian. "I mean, this is our shot at getting away from all that mess down south. I don't hold any grudges, but you should've heard some of the boys."

Seth shrugs, looking at the others. "Well, it's not like Warren's gonna give any of us a chance in the heavyweights, anyways. He's not a big size guy, but he's not exactly looking to make enemies, from what I've seen. Just shout at him, and he jumps back."

-BACKSTAGE, WARREN-

The conversation went on, with everyone trying to nicely imply that Warren could've done better.

"I got this idea from reading one of the press releases. How about we go with the good old rich people buying everything angle? Look, I'm not saying that you did a bad job out there, but we need some people more dynamic. And the best news is, we don't need anyone big. Just someone who can talk. And they'll give you a foil, and give you something to work with. Then, you can have guys like Riker here, and you'll be the little guy fighting for control." Doug suggests, which very much seems like a chance to stick Riker with the charisma vacuum that is Warren.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

ON CAMERA

June starts by narrowing her eyes, then follows up by selling the surprise of the interview. The crowd gives a solid mixed reaction, some booing of the trashing of the war hero while others seem to go along with Viper's promo. As soon as it was over, June's eyes stay wide. "You do realize that this is going to be shown on television, right? I'm not sure management will appreciate all the..vulgarity, do you?"

There is a visual cue given from June towards the camera, and one of the assistants gives Royston a look, pointing into the scene.

I'd go with letting Viper get a word or two in, before Royston barges in.

OFF CAMERA

"Even better! We can work a hostile takeover. Do we have anyone back there who looks good in a suit? Ideally people who are good on the mic?" Doug nods towards Warren, then wanders off, not waiting for a response from either of them. Warren sighs softly. "Well, it doesn't sound so bad. Whatever he meant."

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

ON CAMERA - BACKSTAGE

June listens to Royston's input, feeling that she needs to do something to help this segment. She pulls the mic back from Royston, looking between the two men. "It looks like both men have some strong opinions about our resident marine. Now, back to the ring. Take it away, guys."

She looks between the two men as the screen fades to black.

Botch for Royston will be held onto until after his match.

ON CAMERA - RINGSIDE

The crowd seems to be a little confused about the promo, a small chorus of boos but otherwise not much of a reaction.

"Welcome back, everyone. Our next match will feature The Surgeon, the man you just heard from, against a PCW mainstay known to you at home as Howitzer." Stanton trails off as the voice of the ring announcer goes over the PA system in the small arena. "Welcome back everyone. The next match is scheduled for one fall! Introducing first, from Los Angeles, California..Howard, The Howitzer... Reynoooooooolds!"

Some generic-sounding rock music plays as Howard makes his entrance. He makes a few big fist pumps for the crowd as he jogs to the ring. After getting some time to hype the crowd up, the announcer continues. "His opponent.."

Go ahead and finish this one up Tekopo, however you'd like. As far as the match goes, it's Tekopo vs Unknown, with.. Well, whoever's not had a go at announcers bringing that side in.

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

On Camera

The two wrestlers lock up, leading right into a high-speed sequence. Howitzer starts with an Irish Whip on Royston, followed by a series of leapfrogs, into a waistlock by Royston. A go-behind by Howitzer, shoving Royston into the ropes, following up with a high-impact diving clothesline. Howitzer tries to follow up with a headlock, but gets pulled into a chain wrestling series, nearly getting locked into one of Royston's famous submission holds before breaking the hold and getting back to his feet.

Both men stand up, each going to one of the corners for half a second before meeting back in the middle of the ring.

No rolls by NTCs, just trying to get this moving again. Go ahead and take control here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lore Bear
Jan 21, 2014

ON CAMERA

After a few beats pass of Royston arguing with the ref, Howitzer goes for a quick rollup, getting a near-fall from the exchange. Howitzer follows up by putting Royston in the corner, giving him a few chops to the chest for the crowd. He whips Royston across the ring, letting him bounce out of the corner before following up with a lariat. Howitzer points to the top rope as Royston is down, quickly jumping up to the top rope and perching himself there for a moment, gesturing for the big elbow drop.

As Howitzer goes flying, Royston barely moves out of the way, leading Howitzer to a big miss, rolling on the ground grabbing his elbow.

The ref comes over, patting Royston on the shoulder, signaling him and Howitzer to go into the finish.

FLASHBACK - OFF CAMERA

"Royston's going to win. Don't worry, you're gonna be in the tournament too." Glover speaks up, giving out the finish ahead of time, patting the other man on the shoulder. "Just don't hurt him, alright?"

• Locked thread