Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
fuuuuuckk

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
you'll be amazed at what happens next

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
couldnt find a youtube link for this but http://www.hulu.com/watch/281962

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
so do the dino riders have teams or is it a big free-for-all as illustrated

dZPnJOm8QwUAseApNj
Apr 15, 2002

arf bark woof
:phone:

Hello, Bill? Yes, that's right. Well, I hope you're sitting down. We've decided to go ahead with your 'Dino-Riders' idea. It was a hell of a pitch. Frankly, we're convinced that this could be the next big thing for Tyco. Come in on Monday and we'll get started with the paperwork. Yes. We are too, absolutely. Alright Bill, we'll see you on Monday. Congratulations.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I actually did envision what the pitch must have been like. The 90's were a simpler time.

What's cool? Dinosaurs. Lasers. Dinosaur laser fights.

5 DOLLAR FOOT LONG
Jul 14, 2007

dodecatuple secret probation
:megadeath:

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!
Aww yiss

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord
Is that some creationist poo poo?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
but it doesnt even have tits, OP... nor is it on fire. hell, it doesnt even shoot shurikens and/or lightning. wait, do those weird laser thingies on those dinos count as lightning?

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
im the guy hang gliding on a pterodactyl.

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

couldnt find a youtube link for this but http://www.hulu.com/watch/281962

It's all there. All 14 episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lor_uUkJkkw

Think Thin!
Sep 17, 2006
haha might even say its pretty epic :)

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
i actually used to watch that, it was a great show and i think WWF Superstars came on right after it aired on Saturday mornings...so i could watch Dino Riders and see the Undertaker beat the poo poo out of the Brooklyn Brawler all before 12pm EST.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
C&H did it first

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Actually everything I do is better than a violent dinosaur hell war fiction that doesn't exist.

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006
You gotta help me remember the name of this show I watched about 20 years ago. Same idea as Dino Riders but the dinosaurs were also robots and it was about some humans that crashed landed on their planet. Been driving me nuts for ages.

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
it seems strange that they could develop complex portable lasers but not armored vehicles or planes to put them on

really ruins my immersion

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

C&H did it first

I have to say, I am with Calvin on this one.

Lightanchor
Nov 2, 2012
I will be cooler than this?

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
This guy's laserin that guy whos laserin that guy and that guys missilin that guy, meanwhile blackbird riding velociraptor's over here goin 'whaddya want from me?'

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Senjuro posted:

You gotta help me remember the name of this show I watched about 20 years ago. Same idea as Dino Riders but the dinosaurs were also robots and it was about some humans that crashed landed on their planet. Been driving me nuts for ages.

Is it Robotix?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zvRNKs9Z2M

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

You have a point

Shadoer
Aug 31, 2011

Zoe Quinn is one of many women targeted by the Gamergate harassment campaign.

Support a feminist today!

Shasta Orange Soda posted:

it seems strange that they could develop complex portable lasers but not armored vehicles or planes to put them on

really ruins my immersion

Actually what happens in the show is that the human good guys were trying to escape the evil aliens, but their experimental warp drive malfunctions and they end up travelling back in time to pre-historic earth and crash land along with the evil alien battleship that was pursuing them.

It's clear they have the technology to build vehicles, but they are stranded with the supplies that survived the crash... which were largely lots and lots of guns. So it makes perfect sense to strap those guns onto their new dinosaur pets and fight the evil aliens who followed them. (who are in the same boat and also are strapping guns to their dinosaurs)

Edit: If anything ruins immersion is that no one ever dies even though high power lasers are being fired all over the place.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Putty posted:

so do the dino riders have teams or is it a big free-for-all as illustrated

They had teams. Also even though they were stranded in the past with absolutely no way of contacting anyone else there'd be some new characters just turn up occasionally, usually about the time that the toy company brought out some new toys.
"Hey, we're the Commandoes! We have cool weapons and accessories but we don't actually ride dinosaurs at all. No, I have no loving idea why we're here either. Oh well, PEW PEW PEW PEW!"

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

Senjuro posted:

zoids?

i had the dinorider thing with the crossbow on its back. obviously the cheapest of the dino riders.

the articulation was poor.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
I had sex with a living woman once and it was not this cool

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
Tyco literally trademarked the phrase "harness the power of dinosaurs"

So now i have to pay royalties to them every time someone says my child's name

Senjuro
Aug 19, 2006

THE MYSTERY HAS BEEN SOLVED! What a relief.

Panamaniac
Jun 18, 2007

HEROES NEVER DIE
I too like to harness the power of dinosaurs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

PRETTY SURE ISLAM IS COOLER THAN THIS, OR ELSE WHY WOULD TNEH CALL IT RADICAL?

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
Harness the Power of Dinosaurs™

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

1gnoirents posted:

I actually did envision what the pitch must have been like. The 90's were a simpler time.

What's cool? Dinosaurs. Lasers. Dinosaur laser fights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgI_Uv1jZdo&t=45s

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

Holy poo poo that was so cool baller watched a couple seconds. One of the bad guys ripped off a good guys leg and started to beat down his friend with it!

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Thanks OP, I thought dinosaur laser poo poo was just a fever dream I had when I was a kid

Now I can sleep the sleep of the vindicated

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice
Lahzers

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".
IMO everyone would have more fun if they stop shooting eahc other and work together.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

You want Dubstep? Because this is how you get Dubstep.

• Locked thread