Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

a hole-y ghost posted:

so what is this place, like subway for americanized burritoes?

pretty much yeah

i knew a guy that loved this place a lot. total white dude. he's pretty chill. however, we're in SoCal, so it was kinda inexcusable for him to not know/frequent the local hole in wall places (hint: there's a lot)

also, he only got drunk once and it was from a long island ice tea. never got high. wasn't goony at all, surprisingly. total jock, which made it odder since those dudes often pound vodka and jaeger while doing dabs.

cool dude though. that's my story.

also, those quesoritos will piss off the staff but are awesome as hell when you drunk or stoned as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
I tried Chipotle once or twice but being in Vegas there's 100 little taco stands scattered all over the city and they're all better than chain food places. Chipotle seemed pretty salty and expensive

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

My Rhythmic Crotch posted:

Rich mall

Poor mall

notice the ethnic youths

is this a case of rich mall, poor mall...or is it a case of 2014 mall, 1994 mall?

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
chipolte is awesome, but i am not full at all after a burrito or rito bowl from there. i'm a consumer who is all about value. i stick to little caesars and store brand potato chips when i want to live it up.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I get a steak burrito bowl with the peppers etc and ask for extra rice and beans, its plenty of food. Its not even a special request to them, they just do it and theres no extra charge.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
You ever go to Chipotle, then halfway through your meal you realize you're in a Qdoba?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
lol at you plebs who don't understand corn in a burrito.

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012

Arian_Samurai posted:

You ever go to Chipotle, then halfway through your meal you realize you're in a Qdoba?

Yeah, but then I wake up in a cold sweat, covered in my own jism.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Baja Fresh is pretty okay for a chain place, IMO. Too bad the closest one isn't near anything I ever have to go to.

The Chipotle in my neighborhood always has a line around the block, it's weird. On the rare occasions I go in there, I usually just ask for a little of everything so I can get out as quickly as possible.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Poor malls are where the athletic shoe stores outnumber jewelry stores.

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.

vyst posted:

Poor malls are where the athletic shoe stores outnumber jewelry stores.

footlocker

footlocker kids

womens footlocker

gizmojumpjet
Feb 21, 2006

Fill your bowl to the brim and it will spill. Keep sharpening your knife and it will blunt.
Grimey Drawer
I didn't go to culinary school just to let some illiterate minimum wage immigrant scrub decide what the optimum ingredient ratio for my burrito should be.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
ive lived in denver for 2 months and have yet to set foot in a chipotle

theres a taco truck 600 feet from my house, 4 for six bucks even, 2 more for a mexi coke. they have the little salsa bar too and hand you a stack of plastic cups to fill up with all the different ones

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Reporting for shovel mission Sir.
Rich mall real talk: The nicest mall I've ever been in - BY FAR - was in mainland Communist China. It was spectacular, with models standing outside the gucci and hugo boss stores, 9 stories of gleaming steel, glass and marble, and barely a single shopper. I walked around like an American God.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

i just bring an old el paso kit and ask them to help me with assembly because the instructions aren't clear enough and i can't figure out where to put the mashed potatos and everythngs really spicy how do you people eat it lol

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Also, if you're in Boston, you can visit both the rich and poor mall with a quick walk. First visit the Copley mall in Back Bay, then walk across the bridge and go the Cambridge Galleria. Which is not the worst mall in the world, but is poor compared to the Copley.

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

redshirt posted:

Also, if you're in Boston, you can visit both the rich and poor mall with a quick walk. First visit the Copley mall in Back Bay, then walk across the bridge and go the Cambridge Galleria. Which is not the worst mall in the world, but is poor compared to the Copley.

The poor malls for ignorants are dedham mall and south shore plaza for starters, cambridgeside galleria is pretty nice imo. 7/10 i would say. The poorest/lamest mall in walking distance from copley would be south bay, and thats more of a plaza, not enclosed.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Tautologicus posted:

The poor malls for ignorants are dedham mall and south shore plaza for starters, cambridgeside galleria is pretty nice imo. 7/10 i would say. The poorest/lamest mall in walking distance from copley would be south bay, and thats more of a plaza, not enclosed.

True, I'm just talking directly in Boston.

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
rich people don't shop at malls

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Freebirds is superior in every way

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
An advantage of Mexican grocery store burritos is that you can get them with on of those 32 oz Sols, which is truly magical.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Salad bowl
No rice
No beans
Onions and peppers
Double chicken
Light mild or hot
No cheese, guac or corn

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Whats the life pro tip to get extra toppings or whatever

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

a hole-y ghost posted:

so what is this place, like subway for americanized burritoes?

It's Taco Bell for people who think they're too good for Taco Bell, basically.

logical phalluses posted:

rich people don't shop at malls

Nope, you're wrong. Westfield Old Orchard Mall, in like, Skokie Illinois has tons of useless rich people shopping at the Nordstrom and Tesla and Apple Store and making me feel class rage all the time. Skokie is safe to go to, though, because there aren't as many black people shooting each other and scaring the rich suburbanites.

Compare that to The Plaza (Evergreen Plaza, America's first indoor (mall?!?) in Evergreen Park, which is no longer The Place, because black people I guess.

Chicagoland is pretty racist and classist.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

albany academy posted:

i just bring an old el paso kit and ask them to help me with assembly because the instructions aren't clear enough and i can't figure out where to put the mashed potatos and everythngs really spicy how do you people eat it lol

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
No, OP, because I'm not a white woman

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ElGroucho posted:

No, OP, because I'm not a white woman

That's it, nowhere to go from there. Mods, please close/goldmine thread.

:golfclap:

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Nope, you're wrong. Westfield Old Orchard Mall, in like, Skokie Illinois has tons of useless rich people shopping at the Nordstrom and Tesla and Apple Store and making me feel class rage all the time. Skokie is safe to go to, though, because there aren't as many black people shooting each other and scaring the rich suburbanites.

Compare that to The Plaza (Evergreen Plaza, America's first indoor (mall?!?) in Evergreen Park, which is no longer The Place, because black people I guess.

Chicagoland is pretty racist and classist.
sorry, i didn't realize the definition of 'rich people' was generic upper middle class white people who live in the suburbs.

ZergRushing
Oct 1, 2004

butplug accident posted:

I've never been inside a Chipotle or McDonalds. AMA

What's it like being born to wealthy parents that love you, you loving hoity toity prick.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ZergRushing posted:

What's it like being born to wealthy parents that love you, you loving hoity toity prick.

The struggle is real

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Don't even have a Chipolte close. Have to go to Moes.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

redshirt posted:

Rich mall real talk: The nicest mall I've ever been in - BY FAR - was in mainland Communist China. It was spectacular, with models standing outside the gucci and hugo boss stores, 9 stories of gleaming steel, glass and marble, and barely a single shopper. I walked around like an American God.

I concur, rich Chinese people love their malls. Galaxy Mall in Tianjin made me feel like I was on some crazy pleasure yacht spaceship for the richest aliens only

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
lol at a burrito place that does not have sliced hot peppers of any variety. like thanks for this disgusting green bell pepper shenanigans, you FUCKS

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Libelous Slander posted:

sliced hot peppers of any variety.
do they have unsliced roasted/grilled pepps?

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

a hole-y ghost posted:

do they have unsliced roasted/grilled pepps?

the only spicy peppers of any variety are blended into their medium and hot salsas, there are no whole or sliced peppers other than the aforementioned grilled green pepper/red onion mix

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

im fuckin mad as hell at fast-casual "mexican" restaurants guys

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Malls still exist and have actual functional shops in them in parts of America??

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.

logical phalluses posted:

sorry, i didn't realize the definition of 'rich people' was generic upper middle class white people who live in the suburbs.

You say that like there is only one flavor of suburb. I live <5 minutes from a suburban neighborhood where the average home sells for 3.25M and those fuckers sure act rich and all they seem to do is shop and dine. Unless your sole definition of "rich" is "people who exclusively use personal shoppers"?

Baronjutter posted:

Malls still exist and have actual functional shops in them in parts of America??

Yes to the first part.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Trixie Hardcore posted:

You say that like there is only one flavor of suburb. I live <5 minutes from a suburban neighborhood where the average home sells for 3.25M and those fuckers sure act rich and all they seem to do is shop and dine. Unless your sole definition of "rich" is "people who exclusively use personal shoppers"?

Yes to the first part.

lol 3 million for a house is in no way rich people territory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I went to a Sonic and the chick walked the food out to my car. Is this normal now due to liability or my low-income area just can't afford to buy skates or some poo poo.

• Locked thread