Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

Man, how about that Butters? Remember when he got his mouth washed out with soap for saying "nutsack" in front of Grandma? That boy really needs to learn to behave himself!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
When South Park does have a message, 90% of the time it's "certain people blow things out of proportion and you should take what they say with a grain of salt". Sometimes they go too far with that idea, but I think usually their goal is just to get people to lighten up about stuff.

EDIT: actually it's probably closer to 50%; the other 50% is "[celebrity and/or organization] is a douche" which is usually pretty funny too.

Sir Lemming fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 1, 2014

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

ShoogaSlim posted:

My dad has stupid Fox News opinions about poo poo so I just direct him to episodes like The F Word because he thinks it's outrageous that you can't call someone a human being.

You're literally killing your dad, man.

im putting greenhouse gasses into the atmospheres as we speak

i am literally killing all of your dads

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I thought the point of the transgender episode was that "some people believe they are the wrong gender and that's okay. But people can't all be what they think they are." Shows how little I know. :smith:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Violet_Sky posted:

I thought the point of the transgender episode was that "some people believe they are the wrong gender and that's okay. But people can't all be what they think they are." Shows how little I know. :smith:

Mr. Garrison is made the butt of a "joke" about how MtF transsexuals "aren't really women" and that their vaginas are just mutilated penises turned inside-out and stuffed inside them. And I've seen people on the internet (on these very forums) use that quote in their arguments against transsexual people.

So yeah, it was pretty much just straight-up making fun of transsexuals and calling them gross and deluded.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

LividLiquid posted:

Is that seriously what you got out of that? Are you a serial arguer? I'm trying to forgive my dying dad for having terrible Fox News opinions about poo poo, and this is coming up in a South Park thread because that's basically how I watch South Park.

Boy I sure you hope your dad earns your forgiveness before he dies, that seems really important.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

King Vidiot posted:

Mr. Garrison is made the butt of a "joke" about how MtF transsexuals "aren't really women" and that their vaginas are just mutilated penises turned inside-out and stuffed inside them. And I've seen people on the internet (on these very forums) use that quote in their arguments against transsexual people.

So yeah, it was pretty much just straight-up making fun of transsexuals and calling them gross and deluded.

what is the quote?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

King Vidiot posted:

Richard Dawkins banged the poo poo out of that vag though

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

King Vidiot posted:

No, it was making fun of Mr. Garrison, who is gross and deluded.

LividLiquid posted:

I'm trying to forgive my dying dad for having terrible Fox News opinions about poo poo

Every single day of my life I regret the fact that my dad died never knowing I forgave him for voting Carter in '76.

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

King Vidiot posted:

You're an idiot

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
As the guy who brought up how hosed up the "moral" of "Cartman's Funny Hate Crime 2000," I can understand some of the ire towards other episodes. "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" is definitely an episode that can be perceived as mocking transexuals. I haven't watched it in awhile because it's not my favorite episode but I'll check it soon.

All the same, I'd love to see a True Detective parody this season. Cartman as Rust and Kyle as Marty. Hell yeah.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Boywhiz88 posted:

As the guy who brought up how hosed up the "moral" of "Cartman's Funny Hate Crime 2000," I can understand some of the ire towards other episodes. "Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina" is definitely an episode that can be perceived as mocking transexuals. I haven't watched it in awhile because it's not my favorite episode but I'll check it soon.

Mr. Garrison at Curves yelling about guys and talking about his period is one of the funniest moments of the show.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Irish Joe posted:

Mr. Garrison at Curves yelling about guys and talking about his period is one of the funniest moments of the show.

I completely agree with you on this, I just kinda disagree about that other thing, the thing about how you can only interpret that scene with the doctor as a joke at Mr. Garrison's expense and not a joke at the expense of transsexuals. You know, considering the entire rest of the episode is spent equating transsexuals with people who want to get surgery to become dolphins.

Is it all funny? Yeah it is, doesn't make Trey Parker's personal opinions any less lovely sometimes.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

King Vidiot posted:

I completely agree with you on this, I just kinda disagree about that other thing, the thing about how you can only interpret that scene with the doctor as a joke at Mr. Garrison's expense and not a joke at the expense of transsexuals. You know, considering the entire rest of the episode is spent equating transsexuals with people who want to get surgery to become dolphins.

Is it all funny? Yeah it is, doesn't make Trey Parker's personal opinions any less lovely sometimes.

I guess that just depends on how sensitive you are.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

drat, missed last week! At least they took a shot at that dumb R-word poo poo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Continuity? In South Park?

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Continuity!?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Wow, direct continuity from the last ep?

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Continuity in South Park. Oh my!

e: Stan was dripping in bitches.

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
"Dripping in bitches" lolol

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"dripping in bitches" :airquote: hahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh god, Mr. Mackey is Gerald from the hybrid episode.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Of course Butters would do that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This continuity stuff is pretty great.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Oh nooooo, Lorde :gonk:

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
This episode is already amazing

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'M SCOTT MALKINSON AND I'VE GOT DIABETES

Nadir
Apr 12, 2003

It's only up from here
Scott Malkinson

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I'm guessing they're building up Butters for a big episode.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Make your dick fall off?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gluten is a bioweapon

e: Hahahaha, the doctor's dick flying off :allears:

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
lol the dick flying off and taking some guy out

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

YEP HIS DICK FLEW OFF

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"Heavy cream, sugar.....no, ice cream's good for you!"

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Poppycock and Hooey as ingredients.

e- "Now all we've got is Lorde." I hope they skewer her lovely cover of Everybody Wants To Rule The World.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

"I keep having dreams of Aunt Jemima." :lol:

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Ok those little lab rats were REALLY funny

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
"I'm okay! Want to see my dick?"

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
"There's plenty of toppings. Just eat the toppings."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoMoneyDown
Jan 27, 2009

I've got the advantage. You've got nothing.
"No food at a party? I thought I was handicapped."

• Locked thread