Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Jesus Christ, an Aunt Jemima dream sequence hahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Aunt Jemima...

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Whoa.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

gently caress I want pancakes.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

gently caress I want pancakes.
But your dick will fly off.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Wendy in bitch mode.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Fats and Oils are the primary food group! :aaaaa:

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I was expecting a goof with Kenny after that speech bit considering all his family eats is Eggo Waffles and Pop-Tarts.

Also yes, Scott Malkinson still has diabetes.

FLIP THE drat FOOD PYRAMID

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

An entire stick of butter on top of a steak :lol:

And Lorde playing in the background.

e: Wait, Randy is Lorde. Of course haha

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

"I'm glad the food is good, because Lorde sucks."

Randy is Lorde. :lol:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

GF

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Who was it who wanted the Redskins episode to be a two-parter

Because this is as close as it gets.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Pretty good episode, though not up to the level of the really good premiere.

I definitely appreciate the shoutout to the food pyramid, which I heard all about in school, being an old relic that no one uses anymore.

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

JT Jag posted:

They should just troll by making every episode of this season have continuity

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

JT Jag posted:

But they didn't resolve Butters did they?

What if the whole season is one long continuity

edit ^^^ KYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYLE

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Bruegels Fuckbooks posted:

They should just troll by making every episode of this season have continuity
It'd be great if they just started next episode with everyone sitting around the table eating a steak with a giant stick of butter on it and no one even remarks on it.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
They marked certain people in the credits with "GF", meaning they're gluten-free. I think Matt and Trey were marked.

Very funny episode. Kind of a nod to ketogenic diets too!

beetlo
Mar 20, 2005

Proud forums lurker!
Good episode. I got to see Mother Abagail errr Aunt Jemima.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
God in heaven, Cartman's frantic screaming phonecalls to Kyle in this episode was some of the funniest poo poo I've ever seen on this show

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
I'm gonna try that gluten free thing.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I kind of want to drink a shot of gluten at this point so my dick with fly off like a rocket.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
More like a lame firecracker, which it thought made it extra hilarious.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Macaluso posted:

God in heaven, Cartman's frantic screaming phonecalls to Kyle in this episode was some of the funniest poo poo I've ever seen on this show

The second one was pure comedic gold

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Great episode. Much better than last week.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
those southpark guys are such idiots i can't believe they think gluten makes your dick fall off

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ChesterJT posted:

Boy I sure you hope your dad earns your forgiveness before he dies, that seems really important.
What is the matter with you? My dad is a person I love that occasionally has lovely opinions. South Park is a show I love that occasionally has lovely opinions. I love them both despite their occasionally lovely, damaging opinions. My dad will be dead soon, and my message is that I love him, despite our disagreements. gently caress you.

Anyway, this episode was pretty good and my fears were thankfully unfounded. Narratively speaking, it poked fun at a thing that's stupid without suggesting something that's real is also stupid.

It made me laugh, and didn't go to the allergies aren't real place to do so (quite the opposite, really.) Dug this quite a bit.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
No one mentioned the Prometheus reference with the doctor drinking the black gluten liquid.

Or the Stephen King's The Stand reference with Aunt Jemima.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I am Lorde, yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah

DutchDupe
Dec 25, 2013

How does the kitty cat go?

...meow?

Very gooood.
That was really funny. I like when they don't have to go into deep satire to remain funny.

Maybe the continuity is going to continue? Butters is still banned from School, that could be an entire episode.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am confused why the episode is called "Gluten Free Ebola" when there is no actual reference to Ebola at all?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The general hysteria the characters had about gluten is a parallel to how some people are reacting to ebola. General ignorance and hysteria.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am confused why the episode is called "Gluten Free Ebola" when there is no actual reference to Ebola at all?

I think it's supposed to draw on people's fear of Ebola outside of Africa or something but they did nothing else to make a connection. They also obviously know way more people than I do who are worried about it killing us all.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

hemophilia posted:

The general hysteria the characters had about gluten is a parallel to how some people are reacting to ebola. General ignorance and hysteria.

I dunno I'm pretty sure ebola is going to kill a lot of people. Not trying to make a point about Southpark, I just. .. wouldn't call the ebola response an overreaction.

Donovan Trip fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Oct 2, 2014

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

echronorian posted:

I dunno I'm pretty sure ebola is going to kill a lot of people. Not trying to make a point about Southpark, I just. .. wouldn't call the ebola response an overreaction.

Being concerned about it becoming an epidemic in America is an overreaction. It's undeniable that it's a terrible disease that's tragically wrecking some African nations right now, but that's not a comparable situation.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

hemophilia posted:

Specifically the manner that people who were "contaminated" with gluten were treated--- people in full bodysuits bringing them to containment centers for treatment away from the rest of the populace--- is how ebola is handled in Africa.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

loving Aunt Jemima as Mother Abigail, oh my God :xd:

All of Butters' graffiti in the burned down gymnasium was great too.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Stan's speech about how they thought it would only affect poor people was definitely a reference to Ebola. Maybe they were going to do more with the idea when they originally came up with the title, but couldn't work it in.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Maldoror posted:

No one mentioned the Prometheus reference with the doctor drinking the black gluten liquid.

I was trying to figure out where I recognized the specific way the scientist died but couldn't.

Combat Pretzel
Jun 23, 2004

No, seriously... what kurds?!
I like how they made fun of Robert Lustig, who seems to be a name recently in all the sugar controversy, and his metabolism chalk graphs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I didn't know what the episode title was, but the quarantining definitely felt like a reference to ebola.

• Locked thread