Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
all I know is, this dude is trying WAY to hard to copy eva and failing hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

Betterman is a creepy show. In a good way.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Betterman reminds me of Soul Taker. Both 90s anime series where I had almost no idea what was happening at a given moment, but the visuals were interesting.

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Psychotic plant is battling cancer. Main protagonist is trying to get laid. You have control!

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!
Is there anything more to Betterman besides the GaoGaiGar team deciding to make a boring spooky mecha show for kids? Wikipedia mentions vague Jungian psychoanalytics but it sounds fairly insubstantial.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Sort of? Don't try to screw with evolution and/or assume you have all the answers. That's crazy. The algernon thing is a byproduct of creating a supreme human by essentially concuring cancer cells. This was done by using a plant that stores the souls of the dead. Monsters of the week and sort of those souls wrecking poo poo. After a while those souls makes everyone a little crazy from constant exposure. The Bestman project and Betterman project are two spooky forced evolutions of man kind.

For the actual characters? Protagonist is goony as gently caress and trying to get laid. Has the uncanny ability to use Dive systems with others. Female protagonist is searching for her missing brother and being fanservice. Pyschic couple is just sort of there to provide exposition and explain the paranormal aspect of Algernon. Wheelchair girl is a sickly radar system who is dressed by her father in semi translucent clothing. Modiwarp representative chick is a giant gently caress up . Everyone else is basically there for world building.

I enjoy this series but for the wrong reasons. Really interesting concepts but horrible executions and very limited animation budget.

• Locked thread