Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i like Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose and Jose Chung's From Outer Space as much as the next guy, but they're not typical X-Files episodes. they're basically parodies of the X-Files. so i get why everyone lists them as their favorites, but at the same time thye're not representative of the show as a whole. i think there are really good MOTW episodes that have a more legitimate claim to being The X-Files at its peak, since they actually feel like they're an honest part of the show

hill billy episode, cannibal episode, killer worm ep and murderous time traveler ep was pretty good, oh and the episode where the girls get astrology powers.

TOILETLORD fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlackJosh
Sep 25, 2007
Monster of the Week was where it was at in the X-Files for sure. The myth arc was fine while Mulder was still there to give meat and direction to the show, but man all the best episodes are the non-mytharc or only tangentially related like the Unnatural. It's cool that it was a show that wasn't afraid to play around with it's own format and ideas.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
my fav was the cher one that one owned

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
seriously the one in black and white where literally every single person is mugging as hard as they possibly can. owns.

poor and weird
Jun 30, 2007
everyone's already posted all the best ones what about the worst

because it's "fight club". that is the absolute worst x-files episode ever.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

poor and weird posted:

everyone's already posted all the best ones what about the worst

because it's "fight club". that is the absolute worst x-files episode ever.

at least that one isnt boring
the mars face one sucks bad and isnt even bad in an entertaining way its just fucken boring

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
they should reboot x files imo even if no mulder and scully

also fyi. if u didnt like doggett ur a f*cking b*tch. bc dogget owned

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

There literally is nothing on network television even close to X-Files.

there never will be again either which sucks

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
the killer elevator, was pretty terrible.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
krycek was a dumb bitch who constantly got owned

KennyLoggins
Dec 3, 2004
Welcome to the Danger Zone

SmokaDustbowl posted:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
the episode wasnt all that good but billy drago owned as goofy voodoo hillbilly that one time

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

SmokaDustbowl posted:

the actor who played krycek first showed up in an early episode playing a trans alien

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

episode 2 with seth green outside an airforce base where they get buzzed by a ufo

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

toggle posted:

episode 2 with seth green outside an airforce base where they get buzzed by a ufo

he was with the dub voice of bulma too.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's Beyond the sea

EDIT: for best. The worst one is the guy who makes it rain

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

NienNunb posted:

It's Beyond the sea

EDIT: for best. The worst one is the guy who makes it rain

the episode with the life on the d list lady who can't get near her twin or some poo poo was bad.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

The worst episode is that one with the vampire girl who isn't a vampire. It's while Scully is gone and Mulder goes to some goth club and meets some girl who is into "blood sports" and her vampire friends who beat her or some poo poo I don't know holy crap is it bad.

Sair
May 11, 2007

Boogaleeboo posted:

Also how they keep implying Scully may be immortal.

Wait, what? I don't remember this at all.

spank my snatch
Jun 4, 2009

A lot of people have named The Host/Humbug/Clyde Bruckman/Jose Chung/Small Potatoes. What do all these fantastic episodes have in common? That's right, Darin Morgan.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

In Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose Clyde makes vague allusions to how Mulder is going to die, and he says how he is going to die, and he tells Scully "You don't" about her death. In another episode Scully runs into a photographer that doesn't seem to age who has been taking pictures for nearly two centuries, who says when he was a child and sick he noticed Death coming for him and looked away...now he can't die. At the end of the episode when Scully is dying, she notices Death and the photographer tells her to look away. She does. In another Scully is shown a woman with an alien chip like her who seems spry and healthy even though she's over a hundred. And there may be some more here and there, I can't remember.

Needless to say, odds are on her keep on keeping on for awhile.

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting

Sair posted:

Wait, what? I don't remember this at all.

in that one where everybody loves raymonds dad can see how u die he straight up tells her she wont iirc plus other stuff from the conspiracy epps but idk

Lonos Oboe
Jun 7, 2014

SmokaDustbowl posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-TmQ1ktaLU So did that creepy alien bounty hunter.

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
"You know, there are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more undignified way than autoerotic asphyxiation." :mmmsmug:

Ralp
Aug 19, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Benedick Cuckold posted:

i like Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose and Jose Chung's From Outer Space as much as the next guy, but they're not typical X-Files episodes. they're basically parodies of the X-Files. so i get why everyone lists them as their favorites, but at the same time thye're not representative of the show as a whole. i think there are really good MOTW episodes that have a more legitimate claim to being The X-Files at its peak, since they actually feel like they're an honest part of the show

Agreed, and that episode is Leonard Betts.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
I never watched season 7-9 so I am now because of this thread. season 7 is really stupid but I don't know why I never watched it because it's got mulder and scully and that's enough to make it pretty good. I dunno if I'll keep going once they're gone if it stays this dumb though.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Boogaleeboo posted:

In Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose Clyde makes vague allusions to how Mulder is going to die, and he says how he is going to die, and he tells Scully "You don't" about her death. In another episode Scully runs into a photographer that doesn't seem to age who has been taking pictures for nearly two centuries, who says when he was a child and sick he noticed Death coming for him and looked away...now he can't die. At the end of the episode when Scully is dying, she notices Death and the photographer tells her to look away. She does. In another Scully is shown a woman with an alien chip like her who seems spry and healthy even though she's over a hundred. And there may be some more here and there, I can't remember.

Needless to say, odds are on her keep on keeping on for awhile.

Plus Gillian Anderson barely ages.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

what about giovanni ribisi wanting to rape his teacher and being able to control electricity

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

what about giovanni ribisi wanting to rape his teacher and being able to control electricity

And Jack Black as the fat friend who just wanted to play Virtua Fighter

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

FizFashizzle posted:

Ugh, the angst in that is so bad. Cannot watch it a second time.

It was funny how when I was watching this several months ago I got to the one about the mutated kid who worked at a burger joint and sucked brains. Kid can't be over 20 but could afford an apartment on minimum wage. I don't know if there was some other explanation going on, or that was a brief look into a time period when it was possible to live on your own flipping burgers.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Well he probably took money from all the people he killed, so there's that.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

Ugh, the angst in that is so bad. Cannot watch it a second time.

Screw you that one owned

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

SplitSoul posted:

that's the one where they just basically shrug off the fact that the guy bugbombed a bunch of women unconscious and raped them, right? that was really weird.

Lol I remember realizing that after I watched the episode and was like wait wtf

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

Screw you that one owned

Actually I might have been thinking of another one, some kid who lived in the woods with his family that he hated. Forgot what was special about him.

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009

Wicker Man posted:

Actually I might have been thinking of another one, some kid who lived in the woods with his family that he hated. Forgot what was special about him.

If we're thinking of the same one, it wasn't the kid but his psychologist who could control tree roots

I think it was called Schizogeny or something

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

If we're thinking of the same one, it wasn't the kid but his psychologist who could control tree roots

I think it was called Schizogeny or something

Oh yeah that's right. I could never remember the title.

What about that episode of the snake handling hardcore fundamentalist? Everyone assumed he was raping his daughter and responsible for all the attacks, but the truth is that he was trying to stop the guy who really did it.

His faith was so strong he actually experienced (created?) a miracle of all the snake venom being forcefully purged from his own body. I always wondered how much vindication that would give a fundamentalist psychopath.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Inbred hillbillies with woman in a cage
Vampire fat kid from the Sandlot

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Which was the one where the dude could make women's panties drop by rubbing his thumb on their hand?

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

Has the show aged well? I tried starting from season 1, but the slow pacing is killing me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice
Kaddish all the way--not just for the Yiddish accents but also for the bonus time capsule of 1990s Williamsburg and for Mulder's :smug: put-down to the antisemite print shop guy.

• Locked thread