Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013
What do pets do? Do they help you fight at all or do they just stick around at home?

Some reviews have gone up, in case anyone wants them. Scores seem to be pretty varied so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

Genpei Turtle posted:

There are 30 pets in total and you only get to pick 2.

This is the worst thing I have heard about this game. :( Though google translate claims the wiki says that:

quote:

Happy it is possible to keep up to three animals Releasing the bonus. LINK! I came to frog dragon and bird from.

Is that just a mistranslation (I mean the gist of it; it's pretty clearly not the best translation ever) or can you have a third pet if you get Link? I will totally buy their bullshit day one DLC for a third pet.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

Genpei Turtle posted:

Honestly you should get it eventually. You can redo everything but your voice and gender about your character later in the game, and the amount of content in the DLC is so much that you're missing out on a ton by not buying it. Like, you'll never be able to get to God rank in any Life or use any of the corresponding abilities, most of the Legend-tier crafts you will probably never make at Gold quality unless you're a grinding fiend (since you need God Trainee or God rank to do it consistently) and you're missing out on the only truly combat-heavy area of the game in the form of the post-game bonus dungeons. I concur that it's complete horseshit the way they've done this, but it really is worth getting.

How's the other DLC, BTW? The Japanese version was awful, with stuff like:

103 yen for a handful of emotes!
309 yen to make all inns/stat resets in the game free!
154 for shoes that make dashing take no stamina!
12 items for 103 yen each that make raising Life skills slightly easier to raise!

There's no other DLC available at the moment in Europe, just the expansion. Which is probably just as well from what you've listed; those sound terrible.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

HitmanAndQuitIt posted:

Hey cool people that aren't americans, have you managed to find a source of wool? :(

You can also get one or two free every day from the little area with the sheep - look for the sparkle by the benches.

scissorman posted:

Are you supposed to ignore the boss monsters and come back later?
I'm currently an adept magician and to advance it seems I need to beat a wraith but I barely do any damage.

That wraith is bullshit. I would love to know how you're supposed to beat it.

Anyone know where to getting stunning coral or pretty coral? I can only find vivid and glittering.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

Genpei Turtle posted:

I'm guessing which is which since I don't know the translations, but I'm pretty sure the Portport (second town) alchemist shop is where you need to go. If you haven't expanded the shop's inventory with a Bliss bonus you'll have to do that too.

Thanks! I had completely forgotten to check there.

Veriun posted:

Anyone know where you get Fine Feathers? I've been searching for a while with no luck (just arrived at the third city). Are they sold anywhere?

I think the owls that spawn in the Elderwood at night might drop them. Also, have you tried becoming a hunter? Dexterity is really beneficial in that life.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013
Go south-east from the hairdresser and her plant that dyes stuff along the elevated section of land until you get to a really flowery area. The tree is in the centre. I think the merchant sells rare flowers or something along those lines.

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013
Edit: Ahahaha, I got so used to the thing saying "explore freely" between quests that when the sun to moon bar expanded I thought it was a bug, making this a useless post. But anyway, a different post-game spoiler:

Why can't I make the butterfly get her own drat place?

Fast Track fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 4, 2014

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013
You can. Armour is gender neutral but quite a few other clothes (and, for some reason, a snorkelling mask) can only be worn by one gender. A boy, for example, cannot dress up like a pretty princess like you could do in Animal Crossing, and a girl character won't be allowed to rock a tuxedo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Track
Mar 21, 2013

Inflammatory posted:

the only time the game gets grindy is the miner/woodcutter/angler challenges that make you farm for relatively rare drops from trees/deposits/fishing spots. be sure to put some points into luck to alleviate that.

Just wait until you try to reach Legend rank as an alchemist, chef or tailor. Each one has to be raised up to level 15 and chef requires each sub-skill to be levelled up to 15 too. Miner and wood chopper-er also require you to hack up 500 ores and trees respectively to get up to the same rank. It's a fun game but it likes to set you the same tasks over and over.

• Locked thread