Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

About how many blocks does this game take up?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Katana Gomai posted:

I'm on the exact opposite end of the spectrum, I'm not going to buy it all because of that. Day 1 DLC is bullshit anyways, and now I already made my character and started the game.

I take issue with you calling it Day One DLC because it's not exploitative bullshit, it's an expansion that's been out for a year in Japan and is available in other regions straightaway at release.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Sep 26, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

goferchan posted:

It was free in Japan, though, wasn't it?

No, it cost 2,000 yen.

Katana Gomai posted:

How is deliberately using the older version of the game in order to sell the new content as Day One DLC not "exploitative bullshit"?

It's that or a more expensive bundled version like they got in Japan, and maybe there's not enough interest to have two separate retail versions in America.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Genpei Turtle posted:

I don't buy it, why not sell only the bundled version? There's no conceivable reason you'd want only the base game, and they stopped selling the base game in Japan as soon as Link! came out.

Maybe consumers would reject the premise of a $50 3DS game.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

homeless snail posted:

Why would it have to cost $50? Don't be dumb.

Sorry, $55 since that's how much it cost in Japan roughly.

Katana Gomai posted:

Remember back when they made Pokemon Blue to improve Red and Green in Japan and then offered the improvements as day one DLC for the western versions

Blue was a fix/tweak rather than anything that actually expanded upon Red and Green, wasn't it?

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Sep 26, 2014

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Genpei Turtle posted:

Come on now, since when have NA/EU games ever been as expensive as their Japanese counterparts? DVDs cost like $60-$80 each in Japan too, are you going to start seeing random Japanese horror flick #207 start going for that in American stores too?

I'm really, truly sorry for trying to understand the subjects being discussed here.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

homeless snail posted:

I'm really truly sorry that you were born with a severe mental handicap.

I was off-base and I apologize.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Could be I'm missing something, but how do I take my pet along with me?

• Locked thread