Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
i quit because this raid was so loving broken when it was first released
hahahahahahahahaha
then my guild was world first killing nefarian

also right after i quit warlocks became PVP gods, before that they were the worst PVP trash, of course i played a warlock

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

hemophilia posted:

So you left at the apex of the launch problems in WoW and totally missed out on the coke-and-hookers utopia of being a warlock as things got way better. lol

basically

trust me i was resentful until i just stopped caring

forgetfulness is a blessing

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

onyxia and molten core first clears back in the dawn of time were baller as gently caress gotta say

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

i was a gnome tinkerer, you know drat well i used my shrink ray on that big ol fucker

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

wooooooooooooo the best of second life and world of warcraft (BOTH WORLDS LOLLLLL)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

eq was rad as hell when i was 14 and it felt like there were real consequences to my gently caress ups

then i grew up and realized video games have no real consequences :(

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

you literally have to be some version of a child to really enjoy an mmo, it is your inner child that is crying out for "the perfect" realization of the genre and your actual adult that is like "no this is boring as gently caress" every time

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

did anyone ever play shards of dalaya?

https://www.shardsofdalaya.com/

it was a privately run free server modification of everquest, with a rearranged world map and totally rebuilt mobs/etc

you could run two characters from the same account at the same time, allowing you to party with yourself; and characters leveled much faster than in everquest

it was really really fun, and the world had evolving perma-changes to the different zones, based on global storyline events (like large swaths of the world were altered by a huge undead cataclysm, changing the level and monster distribution of a bunch of connected zones) -- this was all before WoW introduced that after AQ

e: looks like it's still going strong too... maybe i'll give it another try

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol you shoulda seen EQ before they introduced the transparent and rearrangeable UI, holy poo poo

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

the... the memories... they are rushing back...

stronger than ever...!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

lol that buff icons BLOCKED PART OF YOUR GAME SCREEN

unbelievable

• Locked thread