Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post

Tipps posted:

get everyone attuned to old naxx and then stream that for our enjoyment, tia.

Agreed. Old Naxx is the only dungeon in the entire game since launch I never got to step foot in or clear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Ramsus posted:

If they made this game free to play I would go back to my resto/enhancement shaman in a heartbeat. I miss my female orc shaman and her powerful thighs+booty shake.

Free max level characters with the purchase of the upcoming xpac. Also if you are a baby who can't afford $15 a month you should really get a loving job.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

The Taint Reaper posted:

You can't have a job if you play warcraft and want to beat the actual game. That's the conundrum.

While it's true that it's hard to be a XXHARDCOREXX raider and also have a life I wouldn't say you have to have no life to play WoW at all. The game is very casual based these days because they understand that the only people still playing are casual players because most raiders get burnt out. They have added a lot of things to the game that I find appealing and I enjoy my time and think it's money well spent. Most rep grinds are a joke with tabards. LFR (Looking for Raid) takes maybe 40 minutes tops per wing (in my experience. I am a tank so I do have the luxury of controlling the pace at which we pull). Flex takes a ton of the drama out of guilds and makes it easy to just say "gently caress it" and also fixes ruined raid nights because your tank got robbed and handcuffed by a hooker. They added Pokemon to the non-combat pets which is fun. Transmogging can be addicting if you have a particular set in mind. While I could sit here all day and list off the things to do in this game OTHER than raiding, my overall point is that there are a ton of things you can do and have fun with even playing less than 4 hours a week.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

Crewmine posted:

why do people spend so much time accumulating gold in mmos? like people spend days trading etc but it seems like you'd be able to buy anything in the game with a fraction of what these people build up, they're just making a number go up that doesn't do anything

I just typed all that then realised it applies to pretty much everything in videogames lol

And also didn't realize that it also applies to real life. You could say that about oil barons as well.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

I guess so. But more importantly you can buy political power and ruin entire populations lives. The ultimate form of griefing.

• Locked thread