Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE
HP 29/29, Armor 1/1, XP 1/10

.:.I will follow the will of the group.
However, I will restate my evaluation that the magically inclined among us do not possess sufficiently broad abilities to see us safely through what lies ahead, should there be traps requiring guile rather than brute force. Shall we proceed?.:.

Seeing no further use for debate, I unsling my sword, and holding it at the ready, scan for any sign of impending trouble or violence.
Discern Realities 12
What is about to happen?
What should I be on the lookout for?
What here is not what it appears to be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven
Upper Level Gate - Labyrinth
Group
"There are a number of beasts in the swamps. The worst are the elementals, but they are mainly indifferent just don't go pissing 'em off. However, waist-deep in that muck and mire are oozes and crocs. Damnable lizards and nasty goos." Tanrel responds to Lace's question.

CLAYMORE
In a few short minutes, the door will shift randomly assigning one of the other three.

Tanrel mentions oozes and crocodiles, any shifting areas of the swamp are like areas where they lurk

In spite of the labyrinth's magical nature, something about the stone eye that follows you does not seem native to the prison.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

I stomp my way to the head of the group, only because my calculations show our group's chances of survival increase an entire percentage point if I can weather the first blow of any ambushes or traps with my armored shell.
.:.Whatever our choice is to be , we must choose now. The door's change approaches.

Additionally, these eyes above the doors bear a differing design and construction than the rest of this place, perhaps they are older, or a newer installation? We must be on our guard..:.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Amprija

"I say we wait to see what the change brings. I very much prefer visiting Greenbeard's domain or a good challenge in the coliseum to wading through a swamp."

Blaze: 1(flawed), Dragon's desire not sated

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.
Princess Chélla

"I agree. A few minutes should not make any great difference, and the swamp does not seem promising."

Chella casually unsheathes her sword and pokes the stone eye.

*poke poke*

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Lace, arachne fatale
HP: 18/18 - Armor: 0 - XP: 1/10

"Likely our enemies, come to spy upon us." Lace said casually, "I'm inclined to web it to a wall somewhere and leave it, even if there is a chance it was sent by our benefactor. I'd rather have blind ally than an omniscient enemy." Crossing her arms, content to wait for the door to change now, she continued, "If it is from the witch or her counterpart, it betrays our progress. Besides, even if it is from out unknown supporter, we do not know their true motivations."

Lace then crawled onto the wall and began spinning a web to contain the stone eye, keeping watch on the thing for changes in its behavior.

do you want me to roll something to catch it, like Defy Danger (dex) or maybe Spider's Lair to set up a trap for it?

Teonis fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Sep 29, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lace
The eye is a magical stone that emerged from the wall. You can use DD(DEX)/Spider's Lair to catch/web them as you see them. Removing it however would take some other feat.

In regards to rolling, Since it's a PbP, feel free to toss out a roll when you think it's appropriate. You won't need any clearance from me. I'll do my best to interpret it in the narrative.

Group
The Silver Runed door unlatches from the gate and stone scrapes across it until the Onyx Runed door appears. It latches into place and an eerie fog forms curling wisps around the edges of the door. You can feel the hall grow cold and the air seems to thicken.

Door(Brass, Gold, Onyx): 1d3 3 Onyx
"Fantastic." Tanrel states uneasily. "I... I don't want to go in there. I'm sorry." the Elvish rogue says backing away from the door.
Someone will have to roll+Loyalty(0) to convince Tanrel to go into the maze.

e: ...or Parley with threats or some other promise, but he'll be an even more reluctant NPC. (His Loyalty can't go any lower though, so there's that.)

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Sep 29, 2014

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
You'd have to roll +No-way to get me to go in there, too, lol.

Lace, arachne fatale
HP: 18/18 - Armor: 0 - XP: 1/10

While waiting on the next door to change, Lace climbed into position on the ceiling above the floating eye. Webs in hand, she spun a quick net and flung it over her target like a fisherman casting his nets into a school of fish. Not that Lace ever had fish, but the floating eye couldn't be any different from catching other prey in her snares.

I don't think I want to wait for it to bumble into a web-trap, so DD is fine
Spider catches eye: 2d6+3 6
I am the worst spider ever... +XP

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Lace, arache fatale
You scale the old stone and position yourself to snare the eye, but your flung web collides only with wall. The eye shifts in and out of the stone, reappearing a few feet away, its gaze apparently turned towards you.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

I concur with the elf.
.:.I wish to avoid the maze as well. Let us wait for the pirate or the arena.:.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Group
Waiting a while longer, you wait through another shift(Silver Runed) and then finally the Golden Runed door latches onto the gate.

"Well, it's been a full half hour, do we go to battle in the Coliseum?" Azlana says readying a shamanic totem. "Ah, now I'm not inclined to fighting, but I can wet my blade with the blood of a monster. Those twisted shadows... not so much." Tanrel adds.

Onward?

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
I'm good for it, but I think we need to let the other players catch up with the thread. Was the general consensus that we would take whichever of these 2 doors came up first? I know I'm the only one who thought the swamp sounded like home to a spider.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Amprija

"I admit that I am itching for a fight after all this time of being bound into shackles, powerless", Amprija proclaims, "but I'm also liking the idea of visiting Greenbeard's domain." - "I don't doubt your prowess, Your Powerfulness, but waiting for your full power to return might be more advisable", his kobold minion Bolo pipes up. "Ha!", the Dragon Mage exclaims, "I'd rather not wait for gods know how long until the door to Greenbeard comes up in this lottery." In a normal voice, he asks the henchmen: "I did understand that right: it doesn't just cycle through all four doors, but there's always a chance of any of the other three coming up next, right?"

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Amprija
"That's a funny little Kobold you've got." Tanrel remarks with a chuckle. "That's correct, it doesn't just cycle through. It's random, but why not wait. You've got all the time in the world, so to speak."

I won't cruelly make you wait through random doors, I'll just say you waited until it came up, but while you all decide which path to take I have some questions!

quote:

Question time!
Answer one, choose one that hasn't already been answered:
  • 1. The Tinkerer is a person rumored to have built this prison, only to end up imprisoned in it. Why were they imprisoned and how do you know this?
  • 2. Greenbeard was only sentenced to this prison 20 years ago after being captured at his cove on Vivendariel, however he is one of a select few who have learned to exert some control over the prison. What do you hear enables him to do this?
  • 3. King Myras Declatius is a renowned fighter known equally for tactic and savagery. What is his weapon of choice?
  • 4. Improbitas and Fallacitas were skilled in a variety of dark and twisted magics, but what do you hear was their specialty?
  • 5. Local lore has it that Orland Declatius vanquished the avatar of an old god at the location of the keep. What do you know of the legend?

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Sep 30, 2014

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007

quote:

4. Improbitas and Fallacitas were skilled in a variety of dark and twisted magics, but what do you hear was their specialty?

The specialty of Improbitas and Fallacitas was summoning and binding dark spirits and demons, then encasing their souls into prepared vessels. They had a variety of techniques for sealing the fell magics into weapons, armor, items and reliquaries and supposedly even living beings, transforming them into monstrous hybrids and abominations. Some of the creations were unleashed into the prison, both with and without powerful cursed items.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Jack

"I'll be honest, I dinnae care which path we choose. It'll be hard nae matter what." Jack shrugs.

quote:

1. The Tinkerer is a person rumored to have built this prison, only to end up imprisoned in it. Why were they imprisoned and how do you know this?

The Tinkerer was imprisoned as the final piece of the prison - the keystone. It needed a conscious mind to direct it. I know this because I pried the knowledge from the lips of one of my victims.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade

Doctor Idle posted:

3. King Myras Declatius is a renowned fighter known equally for tactic and savagery. What is his weapon of choice?
He wields an old, nay, ancient greatsword. It's blade is serrated in weird, irregular patterns. There are many rumors where it came from, but no agreement between them. One story claims it was the sword of the Divine Headsman, bestowed upon the kings of the keep as tool to mete out justice. Others say it was made by the giants his ancestors wrested the island from and still carries some of the magic they bestowed upon it, not understood by anyone anymore. Whatever the truth of it is, it is a powerful weapon and Declatius knew/knows very well how to wield it and its powers, but never for show.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

I look at the door, tightening the grip on my sword in anticipation...

quote:

2. Greenbeard was only sentenced to this prison 20 years ago after being captured at his cove on Vivendariel, however he is one of a select few who have learned to exert some control over the prison. What do you hear enables him to do this?
A little known fact about the Tinkerer. He is one of, or learned from, CLAYMORE's creators. Several of the designs for rooms and doors, and other oddments bear signs and details in their construction eerily similar to my own.
With that in mind, I have overheard several prisoners and Azlana conversing about The pirate's "control" over his area, I have deduced that he has learned some secret that may also apply to my own construction, or perhaps some clue or object that I can exploit or learn more of my past.

This is why I will push forward into the pirate cove regardless of who joins me...
Who wants to fight some pirates? :v:

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Sep 30, 2014

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Princess Chélla

"I hoped that our luck would prove better than this, but I agree that we are better off waiting for pirates even at the cost of time."

Ah, the perils of getting to the question party last.

Ah, Great Orland's beheading of Asmund Fireborn, new face of the ancient dragon god Azharrym? What a load of hogwash. A tall tale no doubt started in court to curry favor and leaked to the masses as a way to keep them complacent. As if such a thing could be true. For a start, think a bit on those ridiculous names. Then consider the details, each more fanciful than the last. The council of dragons contacted Declatius begging his aid. "Years ago, our old foe Azharrym has invested his power in a mortal babe born within your maze. By our ancient compacts we cannot impinge the sanctity of your prison, but we beg you to end this menace. If this avatar were to escape, he could usher in a new tyranny under his dread god." So Orland without delay lifted his ancient sword and
dove into the prison, the corridors coiling around him, almost an extension of his body.

He found the babe already fully grown and leading a dragon cult. They did battle, walls smashing cultists, fire everywhere, and, I am sure, lots of very manly screaming filling the air. Eventually, Orland's great blade found Asmund's throat, where it stuck fast. His semi-divine body infused with ancient fire magics would not so easily allow a beheading. Unfortunately for him, Orland's ancient sword is serrated, and so he began sawing. When at last his head was fully severed, Asmund and Azharrym both let out a heartrending wail of anguish that could be heard all throughout the labyrinth and indeed the whole island. I'm sure Asmund's part was more of a gurgle, but the propaganda always makes a point to specify that both god and avatar were howling as the great and powerful king vanquished them.

Like I said, lies spread by the monarchy to convince the hardworking common people that royalty somehow deserves most of the benefit of their labor.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Amprija

"I say that matter is decided then!", Amprija exclaims, "we wait for the door to Greenbeard's domain." And his treasure, he adds in his head.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Group
You wait for two shifts more before the Brass Runed Door appears.

"Well, we're off then." Tanrel says pulling on the large, ornate door handle.

It opens up to a busy bazaar closed off by a large improvised gate. Standing guard is a muscular lizardman and a bulbous misshapen gnome. The gnome is layered in tattered robes and carries a big tome on his back. The lizard man, a set of double-edged hand axes and stained leathers.

In the distance you see a large estate.

The gnome elbows the lizardman in the knee and points at you all as you enter through the door.

"You're up." Tanrel says. "I think it'll go better if you do the talking... Last time I was here, I may have killed a friend of the little guy."

Idle Amalgam fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 30, 2014

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Jack

Jack flexes his claw, stepping forward as the lizardman and gnome take notice. He brushes his cloak back to show the crossbow at his belt as well as the big arm.

"We got a problem, lads? I dinnae think we want to have a problem."

He grins, looking back at his newfound allies.

"That's right, aye? Nae problems here." Back to the two guards. "Unless ye want to make one. But I warn ye, I solve problems."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

Sensing that my presence is better served through intimidation, I stand (head and shoulders above) behind Jack and say nothing. My face impassive as I study the guards.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Amprija

Realizing what CLAYMORE was trying to achieve, Amprija steps up beside him, standing tall and straight, flexing his muscles, trying to look intimidating. His eyes, however, are drawn to the tome on the gnome's back. Why is he carrying it? Does it hold secret knowledge? Or is it simply valuable? A muscle twitches without his command and his right leg is getting restless. Let's get this over quickly, as long as he can keep the dragon under control.

Aid Jack: 2d6+1 9 - He get +1 should he make a move to get past these guys, but I will be exposed to danger, retribution, or cost.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 30, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Group
The lizard man hisses and spits a glob of yellowish-green goo at the ground. "Weeezee nooo be makin' tee probleemmm." the lizard man says cocking his head to his left as he prowls closer to focus his sight on you.

"BUT, Beee oonnee." he says through sharp, clenched teeth. He begins to reach for an axe when the gnome steps forward placing a hand on his leg.

"Take it easy, Khazil." The Gnome says. "Names, Beamer an the capt' would like to have a word with ya, yeh?" Beamer tells you crossing his arms and tapping his tiny foot.

He glances at each of you.

"I don't like the sound of this..." Azlana says wary of the Gnome's motives. "Me either." Tanrel adds.

"YOU! You don't get to speak, you murderous scum. You killed Leo and I haven't forgotten it, but Greenbeard gets what he wants and you know it."

Greenbeard is requesting your audience, your hirelings don't have a good feeling about it, but they are prison scrubs. What do you want to do?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Per my answer to the earlier question, I'm all about meeting the captain.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
I'm all about meeting his baubles.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Jack

"They call me Jack Ketch." Jack grins. "An' yer scaly friend here lays a hand on any o' my people, he loses his head." Jack clicks his claw. "Ye ken?"

He looks down at the gnome.

"Now, ye tell me a little 'bout Greenbeard an' Beamer, maybe I forget we have a problem. An' maybe I don't tell Greenbeard yer friend offended me lady's delicate sensibilities, ye ken? She don't take kindly to rudeness an' threats, makes her angry, an' me boys don't like it when she gets angry."

Hopefully Lace is willing to play along here.

Charisma roll: 11, 12 with the aid.

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
Lace, arachne fatale
HP: 18/18 - Armor: 0 - XP: 2/10

Lace snaked around the others to present herself to the pair of bouncers. "You little morsels are going to take us to Greenbeard." She said menacingly. "We have important news for him that can't be trusted to drudges and fumbling lackies." Separately, she eyed the gnome hungrily.

wow, everyone posted while I was writing this.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Safe Haven - Bazaar
Group
The lizardman still stands ready for battle, but the Gnome shudders and begins to sweat. "Uh, -uhm, yeah. Yeah! Just, uh, take it easy ok? yeh." Beamer says doing a special knock with the back of his hand.

Two knocks in quick succession followed by three individual knocks with a couple seconds delay between them.

A mean looking Dwarven woman opens the gate to the bazaar and Beamer guides you through the crowd.

"Welcome to the Bazaar," Beamer says as he waddles to the front of your group with his arms spread.

"Here you can find a variety of exotic wares from all throughout the realm. Need a curse, got it! Need deliriants, all kinds! Need someone killed, can do! Looking for information, what kind? Nothing is out of the question in Greenbeard's Bazaar."

You pass through the Bazaar and enter into a small agricultural area tended to by prisoners.

"These are the fields. Our lord and host, Greenbeard is benevolent, but when you piss him off, you work in the fields under Meursault, and she's one lady you don't want to piss off."

You catch sight of pirate with a serrated whip at her side. She has long unkempt hair kept underneath a well-worn tricorne hat and wears a segmented leather armor. She snarls at you as you pass by.

After you pass through the fields, you end up at the estate you saw from the gate. It was large and elaborately crafted, a tattered Jolly Roger with a green beard is draped just above the entrance.

"Alright, just head on in." Beamer says. "Cap' is waiting."

Beamer leaves you in front of the estate, and heads back for the gate. What do you do?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

I confidently enter the estate house, my mass causing the floor to squeak and groan under the strain. I brace my sword casually on a shoulder and look around.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

#bastionboogerbrigade
Amprija

As the gnome is turning to leave, Amprija steps in his way. "Just out of curiosity", he asks friendly, "what's the deal with the book you're carrying around?" Once he gets an answer, he will bid him farewell and let him go about his ways again and hurries to catch up with the rest of the group entering the estate.

I don't think it's a specific move, but have a freeform roll: Roll+CHA: 2d6+1 7

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Safe Haven - Outside Estate
Amprija
"What's it to ya?" Beamer asks with a serious look in his eye. He quickly softens up with a bout of hearty laughter, "Ah, I'm just kidding. It's just the book of terrible spells and wizardry that got me locked up in here..." then he gets serious again, "...so don't try anything." Finally, he smiles again and turns back towards the gate.

Safe Haven - Greenbeard's Estate
CLAYMORE
You enter into the foyer of Greenbeard's 'home'. You see several paintings adorning his walls. Depictions of sea battles, pillaging, and lots of portraits of man known as Greenbeard. At the center of the foyer is a marble fountain with a bust of the pirate at its center.

Expensive Jewelry and ornate gems are placed upon it and several doubloons and other currencies are in the water at the base of the bust.

A man on a ladder, is painting a fresco on the dome ceiling above the foyer.

The foyer connects with a red-carpeted hallway that has 3 doors on each side of the path. The path extends into a sanctum, where a man sits atop a makeshift throne, one leg hooked over the other, eating an apple. He has a faded, mostly tattered tricorne hat sitting crooked on his head. A wild, dirty green beard swayed from his chin as he ate the fruit. His face is scarred and he's missing an eye that's been replaced a golden orb that glistens in the light.

He spots you and claps his hands together, "Come closer, eh?"

What do you do?

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Princess Chélla

Walking beside Claymore, Chélla eyes the gaudy decorations with artfully concealed disdain. There were few things worse than nobility, but the nouveau riche did give it their best possible effort.

It is with these thoughts in her mind that Chélla first sees Greenbeard. The incongruity is a bit startling. He surrounds himself with ostentatious monuments to himself, but he doesn't bother with personal hygene? He wears a hat so ratty it was probably what he wore when he was arrested. This is definitely a dangerous man. At his words, Chélla smoothly walks forward and gives a shallow bow.

"Captain, thank you for welcoming us into your lovely home. We come bearing dire news and the hope that we can be of great help to each other.

But where are my manners. My name is Chélla."

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

I clomp toward the throne, never once breaking eye contact with the old pirate.
.:.We have been Chosen. Lower your weapons and surrender your crew. We will add your magical and martial distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.:. I declare, still keeping my sword in a casual position, balanced on my shoulder, though capable of instant action.

I should probably refresh the thread before posting. :v: welp, this'll be fun

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Oct 1, 2014

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
Safe Haven - Greenbeard's Estate
Princess Chélla
"Dire news? What news do you bring, lass?" the pirate asks quizzically, "...and as you know, I am Greenbeard." then CLAYMORE speaks.

CLAYMORE
"OH?" Greenbeard says unhooking his leg and standing from his throne. He was of an average height, but had a muscular build. He had aged well in spite of all his battle wounds. On his left hand is a vicious looking metallic gauntlet with a glowing inlay, the right ready to reach for a blood-stained cutlass sheathed at his hip. "You are Chosen, you've got that bit right machine, but probably not by who you think, heh."

He snaps his fingers and a pale, gaunt, androgynous being emerges from the shadows near the throne. The beings mouth was sewn shut and their eyes were pure white. Its appearance was distorted by the light and at times it hardly looked there at all, but it sits cross-legged on the floor and lifts its hands into the air, then the image of a woman is cast from his body.

Princess Chélla
An apparition of your sister Antonia stands before you with a crooked smile. "Did you think you would escape from your crimes unscathed, sister?"

"Our siblings may have sent you here for political reasons, but I will see you bleed. You will not escape from this place. You will not live in this place. You will die."

CLAYMORE
"This business isn't with you machine, now stand down or be put down." Greenbeard chuckles before whistling.

Group
The doors in the hall open and a gaggle of haggard looking pirates emerge.

"Now, the princess is worth a good amount in her own right, but now that I think about it... I'm curious. Who're ye chosen by metal man?"

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
CLAYMORE

Instantly I respond to the ill-kempt man.
.:.Directive 1: This group has been chosen to save the kingdom from an all encompassing threat.
Directive 2: We are to pacify, or kill any resistance in pursuit of directive 1.
Directive 3: If resistance can be converted to an asset, it must be done.
Directive 4: Resistance is futile.

The princess is a member of this group and as such she is both chosen and an asset to this mission.

Attempts against her, or any member of this group, will spur violent action on my part.
Attempts to waylay us will spur violent action on my part.
Attempts to misdirect us will spur violent action on my part.

Resistance is futile. How many of your resources are you prepared to spend in pursuit of this course, pirate?.:.

I raise my sword to guard position in anticipation of battle. My eyes darken to a fiery hue, and I once more feel the whispers of nameless imprints in the back of my mind, telling me all the possible steps of the dance.

Error 404 fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Oct 1, 2014

Teonis
Jul 5, 2007
LMAO at CLAYMORE. Dire news: You will be assimilated!

Lace, arachne fatale
HP: 18/18 - Armor: 0 - XP: 2/10

Lace had more interest in the gnome, but it appeared that the greed of the dragon-man Amprija drove him off. Such small prey, and one with magical secrets, too. Luckily, it seemed he warded the gate to this area of the labyrinth and would be easy to find later.

While the others proceeded into the throne room, Lace admired and perused the manor. Once the usurpation on Greenbeard was completed, she would be able to claim his lair. Although, greedy Amprija was likely to go after all these treasures, too. Suddenly, a commotion came from up ahead in the pirate's sanctum and immediately a near hoard of riff-raff stormed down the red-carpet corridor to meet with her traveling companions. Lace scrambled up the wall onto the ceiling before the rowdy mob could run her down. Keeping still, she hid above their heads as the pirate's crew filtered passed into the throne room.

Defy Danger (Dex); escape sight: 2d6+3 6
Why do I keep failing DEX checks! +XP
My goal was to get on the ceiling before they came into the room, so no-one knew I was there. Oops.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Teonis posted:

LMAO at CLAYMORE. Dire news: You will be assimilated!

:psylon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

Princess Chélla

Chélla's heart sinks as CLAYMORE begins to speak. Holy poo poo he's way crazier than I thought.

She doesn't have much time for stunned disbelief as the situation rapidly escalates with the introduction of her sister. No time for regrets either.

"'Nia? Still holding your little grudge? You really should learn to let these things go. Anger is bad for your heart, and this white man couldn't have been cheap" Chélla clucks her tongue disapprovingly. "You always were a little too free with your allowance." She turns her head to call over her shoulder, her voice carrying effortlessly. "Tanrel, if things get violent, please don't put yourself in harm's way. Just slip out and set some fires. Definitely get the leftwards wall. It looks load bearing."

Turning back to Antonia's specter, "A little fire can do wonders, don't you think?" Chélla's hand rests easy on the pommel of her sword, and her smile drips with honey.

Spending one hold from earlier speech to ask a friendly NPC to do something impossible.

Knowing my sister's anger problems, I am deliberately provoking her to do something stupid. I don't know if that deserves any kind of roll, but just in case: 9.

Also, I will be tragically separated from internet for the next 60 hours or so. To make this less of a pain, I will roll in advance the next two actions I see myself taking. Stepping out of the way of the ghost things attack and then trying to cut of the albino's head.

Defy Danger:8
Hack and Slash:7 using one more hold to roll with Cha. I have one hold left. If that hold disappeared between making that speech and now, then this is a 6 and I get XP. I can't lose!

• Locked thread