Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

Is Harrison older than Tomlin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Atticus Finch posted:

Mike Tomlin ‏@CoachTomlin
Deebo is back. There goes the neighborhood.

hide yo skulls

hide yo life

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

GNU Order posted:

Is Harrison older than Tomlin?

No Tomlin is at least 5 years older

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Who is the one white CB in the league

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

football fuckerman posted:

Shanahan is pretty good but the inability to get that first down late in the game is so frustrating. If you're keeping score of how well Shanahan did that game, it's the equivalent of taking an offensive score off the board when you give the ball back with time and a short field. Very hard to imagine the defense preventing the Ravens from gaining 15 or 20 yards there

The final two Browns offensive drives both ended on drops by WRs on balls that would have gotten the first. You can justifiably complain about 1st and 2nd down calls but those 3rd down plays would have moved the chains but for bad hands and imperfectly thrown footballs.

I hate that the Ravens D has been getting credit for that when did nothing to earn those three and outs.

Anals of History
Jul 29, 2003

Pron on VHS posted:

Probably Cortland Finnegan

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

NFL Census

The Eagles are the whitest team in the league.

More data here: http://www.besttickets.com/blog/nfl-player-census-2014/

Rutgers is making its mark on the NFL by producing one of the longest lasting positions in the league. :coal:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
That data is poo poo if Haloti Ngata doesn't count as pacific islander

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
He is probably one of the 6 pacific islander DTs

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Pron on VHS posted:

He is probably one of the 6 pacific islander DTs

Look at the Ravens

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
I think the real question is Russell Wilson: black or white?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal

African AIDS cum posted:

Look at the Ravens

Maybe its because he is Mormon

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I was trying to figure out the white CB so I went to PFF rankings because it was the fastest way to get a list of CBs across the whole league. I was going to GIS the names.

I instinctively started at the bottom. It's me. I'm the racist.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I'm pretty sure whoever does these treats white as "two white parents" and anyone with one white parent and one X parent as "X" race.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

How to classify Patrick Chung.. black jamaican with a chinese surname

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Spoeank posted:

I was trying to figure out the white CB so I went to PFF rankings because it was the fastest way to get a list of CBs across the whole league. I was going to GIS the names.

I instinctively started at the bottom. It's me. I'm the racist.

So who is it?

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
After some googling the closest I can get to a white CB in the NFL right now is Julian Edelman

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of white DTs for some reason

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

No Butt Stuff posted:

I'm pretty sure whoever does these treats white as "two white parents" and anyone with one white parent and one X parent as "X" race.

If white people could play cb there would be more than one in the league.

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about Derek Carr's stolen MVP awards, those dastardly refs, and, oh yeah, having the absolute worst fucking gimmick in The Football Funhouse.

Cruel and Unusual posted:

NFL Census

The Eagles are the whitest team in the league.

More data here: http://www.besttickets.com/blog/nfl-player-census-2014/

Does the NFL really think that asians and pacific islanders are the same thing?!? :cripes:

vvvv Ok, that's at least better.

MrLogan fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Sep 23, 2014

DupaDupa
May 21, 2009

I'm Samurai Mike
I stop 'em cold.

MrLogan posted:

Does the NFL really think that asians and pacific islanders are the same thing?!? :cripes:

No, the US Government does. Pacific Islanders, East Asians, Chinese, Japanese, and Indians are all lumped to together due to a super out of date census form.

Blarfk
Dec 26, 2003

I showed this to my girlfriend who asked why there was such a disparity in so many positions and I honestly didn't have an answer beyond "well, racism I guess." Does anyone have a less pessimistic explanation?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

African AIDS cum posted:

How to classify Patrick Chung.. black jamaican with a chinese surname

Apparently Chinese-Jamaican is an ethnicity, of which his dad is a part: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chinese_Jamaicans

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Pron on VHS posted:

The census taker assumed a guy named Captain Munnerlyn must be white

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Blarfk posted:

I showed this to my girlfriend who asked why there was such a disparity in so many positions and I honestly didn't have an answer beyond "well, racism I guess." Does anyone have a less pessimistic explanation?

Higher concentration of black population in the South where there's more emphasis on football?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

superior breeding through forced labor for 400 years?

e: or that south thing

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blarfk posted:

availability of coaching and facilities in general, coaching priorities in different regions, prioritisation of different skulls and values between communities, competition with other sports

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
James Harrison's pass rushing days are probably over but I thought he was legit great against the run as a situational LB during his year in Cincy, so I was kind of confused as to why no one really wanted him. Maybe he wanted more than the minimum to play?

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton

No Butt Stuff posted:

The Jimmy the Greek defense

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Parlett316 posted:

The Jimmy the Greek defense

Man did he die or something

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ZenVulgarity posted:

Man did he die or something

20 years ago or so, yeah.

Magnus Gallant
Mar 9, 2010

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Chris de Sperg posted:

availability of coaching and facilities in general, coaching priorities in different regions, prioritisation of different skulls and values between communities, competition with other sports

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

now someone tell me how many white legacy players there are in the nfl versus other races.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Well well well...

quote:

Asked if Cousins might permanently replace Griffin in Washington, Gruden replied, via the New York Daily News, "Crazy things have happened in NFL. I'm not going to discount anything."

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

let me tell you about phrenology

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

No Butt Stuff posted:

People selectively bred white people for their ability to long snap and kick?

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Thoguh posted:

People selectively bred white people for their ability to long snap and kick?
how else you gonna kick slave butt

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Chris de Sperg posted:

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Chris de Sperg posted:

how else you gonna kick slave butt

:drat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

if anyone says this wasn't their first thought they are lying or have never seen Django Unchained and they should go see Django Unchained.

• Locked thread