Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hump day bitches!
Apr 3, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if anyone says this wasn't their first thought they are lying or have never seen Django Unchained and they should go see Django Unchained.

I had a mental image of Doctor Krieger but I wasn't sure if he ever practised phrenology in Archer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChocolatePancake
Feb 25, 2007
So I was bored at work and decided to click on the profile of every CB on ESPN's list of CBs in the NFL.
None of them looked stereo-typically white, but there were a few that probably had at least 1 white parent. I'm guessing the census uses self-reported data for things like race, and the players just put whatever they want.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Jordan Poyer is half white and he's from Astoria we'll take him

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

What I've never understood is why the DL is almost always black while the OL is more often white. You'd think they're similar skills/bodies.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Ok, so I expected kickers and punters to be predominantly white for whatever reason, but why is every single long snapper in the league white?! :psyduck:

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Its Miller Time posted:

What I've never understood is why the DL is almost always black while the OL is more often white. You'd think they're similar skills/bodies.

O line is a lot more about upper body strength

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

O line is a lot more about upper body strength
you're wrong

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

I have more/better playing experience than you and actually I'm right by the fact that you're english alone

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Practice Squad moves... Falcons waive Terren Jones and sign Reid Fragel.

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2014/9/23/6834773/falcons-sign-t-reid-fragel-to-practice-squad-waive-terren-jones

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpo1xF7IhI

Shown here, poor upper body strength.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

I have more/better playing experience than you and actually I'm right by the fact that you're english alone
you don't, you don't, and you don't. Upper body strength is crucial for making an impact when you're still raw, once you can get into and stay in a solid three-point stance the legs become the priority.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Not a surprise but Pitta is officially out for the year and had his surgery yesterday. Pitta's great to have around but the team should be fine without him. He was the only set of reliable hands on the team for a bit which made him so valuable. He's an above average player so it's not like they won't feel the loss but it shouldn't be as bad as last year.

Juzscyck is going to be getting a lot more touches and there's going to be a lot more 3 WR sets. Basically Pitta died so Juzscyck and Marlon Brown may live.

Pierce should be back next week against Carolina, he's great to have but at this point I wanna see more Taliaferro running people the gently caress over

Parlett316
Dec 6, 2002

Jon Snow is viciously stabbed by his friends in the night's watch for wanting to rescue Mance Rayder from Ramsay Bolton
All those female Raven fans that just got shafted by trading in their Rice jerseys for Pittas.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Lions have rescued LB Josh Bynes from the corrupt Ravens organization.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Cruel and Unusual posted:

Lions have rescued LB Josh Bynes from the corrupt Ravens organization.

Bynes is cool and a great depth spot for ILB. He's extremely mediocre but if he ends up starting he won't kill your defense. Good run stopper just can't cover too well.

Also how has James Ihedigbo worked out for Detroit? Is he still fixed or does he suck again?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Has Dennis Pitta played a full season yet, he always seems to get taken out at some point

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Sour Diesel posted:

Bynes is cool and a great depth spot for ILB. He's extremely mediocre but if he ends up starting he won't kill your defense. Good run stopper just can't cover too well.

Also how has James Ihedigbo worked out for Detroit? Is he still fixed or does he suck again?

Who?!

He'l hasn't played due to a nerve issue I believe

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He was actually totally healthy before the hip injury last year. That said the only year he was the team's starter was 2012 as we had Todd Heap before that.

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

2012 he played a full season. 2011 was the year he leapfrogged Dickson for the starting spot (Dickson had a decent year in 2011, actually)

Dattserberg posted:

Who?!

He'l hasn't played due to a nerve issue I believe
Ah, that sucks. He ended up being at least Pollard-levels last season as he was decent in the box. It was just nice to see an awful player start doing a halfway decent job.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

ChocolatePancake posted:

So I was bored at work and decided to click on the profile of every CB on ESPN's list of CBs in the NFL.
None of them looked stereo-typically white, but there were a few that probably had at least 1 white parent. I'm guessing the census uses self-reported data for things like race, and the players just put whatever they want.

The census has been updated, and now it lists 0 white CBs.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

African AIDS cum posted:

I have more/better playing experience than you

And you must have loving sucked at whatever you played.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Hey look I played varsity flag football with my fraternity in a cow field in Pennsylvania so I think I know a little bit more about the strategy behind the pass rush than you :smug:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

I was the best all time QB ever if you gave me 3 Mississippi's and 9 good receivers on the field.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Owns

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

No it doesn't you shithead asswipe gently caress everything

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

FizFashizzle posted:

And you must have loving sucked at whatever you played.

Yeah right dude.. tell that to my d3 offer

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
FWIW - Greg Bedard just reported on 98.5 (the Pats radio station) that one of the reasons Mankins wouldn't restructure his contract to stay w/ the Pats is because he didn't want to play for Dave DeGuglielmo, the OL coach replacing Scar.

Also, apparently the last three offensive lines DeGuglielmo coached were in the bottom 5 of the league each year.

If you haven't been watching Pats games, Brady has been getting absolutely killed all season, and every member of the Pats o-line is in the bottom 10 of the league per PFF.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

didn't know diablo 3 had a pro scene

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Chris de Sperg posted:

didn't know diablo 3 had a pro scene

:vince:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OIL! OIL! OIL! posted:

So they just continued using and reporting QBR until it is was accepted? Unless you really think Josh McCown was the best QB in the NFL last year, why talk about it?
Because why not, people still post PFF ratings when Ben Hartsock was their #1 TE. The intent was obviously more lolafceast than Total QBR rules.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I think the more important question rather then why are kickers all crackers, is how the hell can the south be so black and so republican? White devil magic?

So RGIII is done? What did Washington trade for him again?

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

African AIDS cum posted:

D3 offer of what? No scholarships for athletic ability at that level. Where was your offer for?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Petey posted:

FWIW - Greg Bedard just reported on 98.5 (the Pats radio station) that one of the reasons Mankins wouldn't restructure his contract to stay w/ the Pats is because he didn't want to play for Dave DeGuglielmo, the OL coach replacing Scar.

Also, apparently the last three offensive lines DeGuglielmo coached were in the bottom 5 of the league each year.

If you haven't been watching Pats games, Brady has been getting absolutely killed all season, and every member of the Pats o-line is in the bottom 10 of the league per PFF.
Heh. Dave DeGuglielmo on then Jets RT Wayne Hunter...

quote:

"This guy is the starting right tackle," DeGuglielmo said in an interview with reporters today. "Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son-of-a-gun is going to be the starting right tackle. And he's going to play well."
He might be a downgrade from Scarnecchia.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

windshipper posted:

D3 offer of what? No scholarships for athletic ability at that level. Where was your offer for?

Sigh.. a joke misser

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Truth be told Diablo 3 IS all about upper body strength.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ozu posted:

Heh. Dave DeGuglielmo on then Jets RT Wayne Hunter...

"This guy is the starting right tackle," DeGuglielmo said in an interview with reporters today. "Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son-of-a-gun is going to be the starting right tackle. And he's going to play well."
Austin Howard wasn't/isn't much better tbf

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Elephanthead posted:

I think the more important question rather then why are kickers all crackers, is how the hell can the south be so black and so republican? White devil magic?

Welcome to the wonderful world of gerrymandering.

windshipper
Jun 19, 2006

Dr. Whet Faartz would like to know if this smells funny to you?

African AIDS cum posted:

Sigh.. a joke misser

:negative:

ErectorBeast
Sep 19, 2010

"I do not fear death, in view of the fact that I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

Elephanthead posted:

Three-fifths compromise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

kiimo posted:

Truth be told Diablo 3 IS all about upper body strength.

THROW ME THE loving BALL KEDALA

• Locked thread