Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

The Raiders are "hosting" the Dolphins at Wembly Stadium in lovely England. Otherwise there are not all that many exciting matchups.

The Cardinals, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Seahawks, and Rams are on their bye.

Everyone aboard the Cardinals / Drew Stanton train en route to the first home Super Bowl.

Blake Bortles and Teddy Bridgewater will be making their first pro starts this weekend. Thank you, Gus Bradley, for letting Bort make his first start on the road against the goddamn Chargers.

The Dolphins will (hopefully) restart the Matt Moore mobile in London.

Everyone should welcome James Harrison back to the league, as he will likely be re-signing with the Steelers because apparently they got all broken and poo poo beating the Panthers.

The surprisingly good Lions Defense lost Linebacker Stephen Tulloch to an ACL tear that he suffered celebrating a sack of Aaron Rodgers. His ACL would have probably torn at some point anyway, if it tore celebrating, but it is rather amusing that he tore it celebrating.

Sports news/media is still awful, water still wet, sky still blue, ect

Hopefully this OP will make up for my trainwreck of an OP last week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

thursday night is gonna do it

i can feel it

ill find the courage to kick the chair

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The Raiders losing a home game to London is the highest order of bullshit. Why not make both teams the away teams?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
I don't know about this thread... Mine has a poll and a Bortles title.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Chichevache posted:

This one was made by a Bort. Close yours and face to Bort.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
russell wilson is the stinky cheese man :colbert:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Chichevache posted:

This thread was created by Bort Bortles. Check and mate.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

swickles posted:

This thread was created by Bort Bortles. Check and mate.

Aw man, Kalli modslapped mine.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Let's go Bort! My son's name is also Bort!

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

Two NFC East prime time games :getin:

Gerund
Sep 12, 2007

He push a man

confirm / deny : The Cardinals will win the NFC West crown?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

It's Bortles time

I'm so excited. GET HYPE

Also time to see how mad to be at the Vikings for cockblocking the Texans

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Chichevache posted:

I was tempted to Poll, but I didnt want to go overboard after my abortion of an OP last week. I am a fan of

Chichevache posted:

A new lord marches for the AFC South.

though, and it is a true statement.

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

:barf:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gerund posted:

Only if they start Logan Thomas. Embrace Madness.

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun

Gerund posted:

19-0 bitch.

Also yes, the Niners are imploding, the Rams are the Rams, and the Seahawks just ain't gonna shut down the Stantonmobile/Palmermobile.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Bort Bortles posted:

I was tempted to Poll, but I didnt want to go overboard after my abortion of an OP last week. I am a fan of

though, and it is a true statement.

loving Blackmon needs to get better. Get some weapons in there.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
If the WSH RED HOTDOGS don't beat the Giants on Thursday night we are done. 1-3 and then facing SEA and Arizona the following two weeks...

Also gambling rule: I'm not taking any NFC East team over any NFC West team the whole season(unless its the Rams).

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
How hosed the Chargers are:

Vincent Brown (IR, released and signed with Oakland)
Jeromey Clary (PUP)
Melvin Ingram (IR with return)
Nick Hardwick (IR)
Danny Woodhead (IR)
Manti Te'o (out for weeks)
Ryan Mathews (out for weeks)

Cardinals stole RB Marion Grice from the Chargers practice squad, so no depth there.

Now Bort is coming to town :ohdear:

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Ya'all are FUUUUUUCKED, SON. BORT MARCHES WEST THIS WEEK.

Chichevache posted:

loving Blackmon needs to get better. Get some weapons in there.

Marquise Lee, Allen Robinson, and Allen "motherfucking" Hurns are turning out to be pretty decent considering they are all are rookies. Cecil Shorts finally played after being injured to start the season and looked decent from what I heard.

It is too bad Marcedes Lewis is a hack (he owes all of his money to David Garrard) and the offensive line is literally the worst in the league, so Bort's Ascension may take some time, but he did look pretty good when he came in against Indy, down by a billion without any first team reps with the defense knowing he was going to pass (both because Jacksonville is going to have The Worst rushing offense in the league this year and because they were down by like 30 or something insurmountable).

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Alfred P. Pseudonym posted:

It's going to be wonderful. These people are addicted to football, they have no choice but to watch games comprised of pure hatred and offense. There's no reason to hate watching NFCE football right now unless you're watching the Giants, who are an embarrassment to football. The only thing preventing you from enjoying them is you. Be cool, you. Enjoy the Eagles as they go 4-0. Enjoy the Redskins with an entirely new outlook. Enjoy the Cowboys making games interesting despite putting the entire team on Tony Romo's bad back.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

That MNF game has the potential to be hilarious

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Intruder posted:

That MNF game has the potential to be hilarious

Potential?

Zifnab
Aug 21, 2005

Hope Springs Eternal

Bort Bortles posted:

The Cardinals, Bengals, Browns, Broncos, Seahawks, and Rams are on their bye.

Anyone know how they figure out when teams have their bye? Seems a little odd to have the entire NFC West except for the 49ers all have the same bye week

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

The Cardinals are guaranteed to be undefeated and in sole possession of first place for another week :getin:

When do NFL maps go up again? I need to know if I can get my Bortles fix locally or if I have to rely on a stream

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Point of interest insufferably annoying poo poo: The Chiefs will be trying and likely failing to break the noise record again on Monday Night.

JakeLiebenow
Apr 21, 2013
Colts coming in to sweep the Titans.

Bortles, though, man. At the rate the AFC South is reshaping, it might actually be a competitive division again.

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

Did you even see the magical gift from the football gods that we got in Philadelphia yesterday? Every time anyone cries about NFCE prime time bias, the NFCE puts on the most amazing and hilarious poo poo shows as if to raise its middle finger sky high, unzip, and flail it's dick around in response.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Why do we always have to play the saints in primetime? I hate watching cowboys lose on SNF at home.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Deep down I know that there's an alternate universe where Sean Payton is the HC of the Cowboys and Garrett is the night shift manager at a Whataburger

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.
giants/washington going to be the wettest, greasiest turd of a game

go bills

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I just realized Giants and Redskins play thursday night. Oh hell yes. Fumblerooski

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

birth of a legend

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rasczak posted:

Deep down I know that there's an alternate universe where Sean Payton is the HC of the Cowboys and Garrett is the night shift manager at a Whataburger

Their record's probably been 7-9 in that universe for the last three years though

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

blue squares posted:

Why do we always have to play the saints in primetime? I hate watching cowboys lose on SNF at home.

Dunno, it's one of the teams the league was invested in building a narrative for after the Super Bowl so they get prime time airing? Also any team playing the Cowboys is likely for SNF/MNF.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

wheez the roux posted:

giants/washington going to be the wettest, greasiest turd of a game

go bills

Primetime NFC East matchup, gonna be an awesomely entertaining disaster of a game like usual. Ya'll can complain about NFC East primetime superiority but when you bitches can put up fascinating clownball games like we can maybe you'll get your chances.

Rasczak
Mar 30, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Their record's probably been 7-9 in that universe for the last three years though
I hope you're not suggesting that the GM's talent acquisition has been subpar :negative:

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
I need a new team to cheer for that isn't a dumpster fire so I can enjoy NFL football this year. I'm thinking the Bengals. Yes? No?

nrr
Jan 2, 2007

If the cowboys lose in the forest and no one is around to see it, then do they even shed a tear? Every cowboy game should be in glorious prime time so as many people as possible can witness it if they lose hilariously and painfully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Febreeze posted:

Primetime NFC East matchup, gonna be an awesomely entertaining disaster of a game like usual. Ya'll can complain about NFC East primetime superiority but when you bitches can put up fascinating clownball games like we can maybe you'll get your chances.

I appreciate that the league is just going full NBC/Notre Dame on the NFCE. No matter how bad it gets, just keep on keeping on. They'll be good again, eventually.

• Locked thread