Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ostentatious posted:

I'm still wondering what the British ever did to Roger Goodell in order to deserve a Raiders vs. Dolphins game.
Britain loves the Raiders and really loving loves the Dolphins which is why relocation will go so smoothly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

I'm kinda surprised by the lack of white DTs for some reason

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blarfk posted:

I showed this to my girlfriend who asked why there was such a disparity in so many positions and I honestly didn't have an answer beyond "well, racism I guess." Does anyone have a less pessimistic explanation?
availability of coaching and facilities in general, coaching priorities in different regions, prioritisation of different skulls and values between communities, competition with other sports

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

let me tell you about phrenology

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Thoguh posted:

People selectively bred white people for their ability to long snap and kick?
how else you gonna kick slave butt

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

O line is a lot more about upper body strength
you're wrong

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

I have more/better playing experience than you and actually I'm right by the fact that you're english alone
you don't, you don't, and you don't. Upper body strength is crucial for making an impact when you're still raw, once you can get into and stay in a solid three-point stance the legs become the priority.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

African AIDS cum posted:

Yeah right dude.. tell that to my d3 offer
didn't know diablo 3 had a pro scene

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ozu posted:

Heh. Dave DeGuglielmo on then Jets RT Wayne Hunter...

"This guy is the starting right tackle," DeGuglielmo said in an interview with reporters today. "Until they tell me otherwise, until they ship him out of this building or until they shoot me dead in my office, that son-of-a-gun is going to be the starting right tackle. And he's going to play well."
Austin Howard wasn't/isn't much better tbf

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 6m
The #Vikings announce they’ve placed starting QB Matt Cassel on Injured Reserve. His season is over. It’s Teddy Bridgewater’s team now

this seems unwise

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Actually the new starter is James Hurst
Well, until he gets James Hurt

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I love the rumors he blackballed Allen Iverson from the league now because he hated his attitude, especially considering Allen is now begging for change outside Lennox Mall in Atlanta.
you're kinda dumb bro

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

there are about a million sites like that now because people saw the pictures of people taking Onion articles seriously and then realised they could just post any attention-grabbing headline and call it 'satire' and people would click it and there would be no repercussions.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Menamino posted:

As if things couldn't get worse for the Redskins, Keenan Robinson was hit by a drunk driver while heading home from the game: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/26/keenan-robinson-tweets-he-was-involved-in-car-crash-following-game-with-giants/

He's the dude who picked off the Eli pass that was actually a touchdown
So that's why the Cowboys signed Josh Brent

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

Although nothing would spur domestic investment in infrastructure like the Jesus Christ of QBs getting killed by a collapsing bridge.
johnny no

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

My favourite thing about the London festivities is that players at the local amateur clubs keep turning up in their jerseys and pretending to be NFL players

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Blitz7x posted:

Raiders British-born on and off right tackle will carry a British flag when he takes the field tomorrow
I'm surprised the NFL aren't forcing the team to play him at RT all game tbh or something. The NFL and their media associates over here love Menelik Watson because he's perceived as having the chance to be a NFL starter (he'll never be a NFL starter but 2nd-round pick from a year ago at a position no-one can evaluate means it'll be a while before people give up on him), he's very visibly and proudly British and is perceived as British first and foremost, he's on a team who probably have more name recognition than almost any other in Britain (you see a LOT of Raiders merchandise in London because of it being a fashion thing and such), and so on.

The magazine I write for had him on the front cover this issue and had like a three- or four-page feature on him inside, as a Raiders fan it's kinda hilarious to see the hype train he's got going.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

What would happen if there was a dedicated fan harassment campaign of the opposing team? Like, not one thing like this, but if it was an ongoing thing all night. Like, bomb threats, fire alarms, fireworks, a marching band going down the hall etcetera
then it would be the FIFA World Cup

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

If Ndamukong Suh became a Raider I might never stop cumming but it sadly won't happen because it's just not McKenzie's modus operandi (he had the highest amount of cap space in the league coming into FA and yet only Schaub has a cap hit of more than $5 million this year), plus Suh seems pretty serious about winning so I mean he's not coming to Oakland. Instead we'll get BJ Raji, Cory Redding, and Terrance Knighton for a combined $12 million, and they'll all be off the roster by 2016

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Madcosby posted:

Why aren't the London games more anticipated games of the season, like the Seahawks-Broncos reunion and such? Seeing how it's always Oakland or Miami or Jacksonville, are they specifically targeting low attendance teams for a reason?
I would have to imagine that's exactly what they're doing. Those games are guaranteed to sell out anyway and the NFL are more interested in building surrogate fanbases for small-market teams (they've been aggressively doing this with the Jags for the last few years) than getting a few more Seahawks fans. I don't think they're necessarily entirely adverse to sending good teams over, since they had Vikings-Steelers there last year and both those teams had been good the previous years, but they're not going to go out of their way to do so. Also if they moved a big-time major game overseas (thereby depriving the home team of that game) there'd be uproar from both the team and the fans.

It also kinda hurts that you can't realistically schedule a game in London at anywhere but the early Sunday timeslot (well, you could maybe get away with the afternoon slot, but then you're looking at 85,000 people leaving Wembley just before or just after the underground closes and that might not go so well)

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Also, according to the EXTREMELY AUTHORITATIVE STUDY I just did wherein I loaded up the latest Madden 15 update, the Browns and Panthers lead the league in UDFAs on the roster with 27. The Saints and Colts have 26 each, and the Lions and Packers 24. Those figures are probably slightly off because I know Madden does things like forget players exist or discount the existence of long snappers or list supplemental picks as UDFAs (they didn't do this for Josh Gordon but they did do it for Terrelle Pryor because ???) but whatever they should be mostly correct.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

b0ng posted:

Starting to see a lot of people writing "Watt for MVP" stories: PFT, SI, even Peter King's flabby rear end. Even though the Texans generally suck, Watt has basically carried them to a 3-1 record.
In a way, doesn't this make Gabe Jackson the real MVP

• Locked thread