Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Gerund posted:

confirm / deny : The Cardinals will win the NFC West crown?

Only if they start Logan Thomas. Embrace Madness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I haven't seen a Texans game yet this year so I'm really at a loss for how bad Fitz can ever make an appearance when he's throwing to Deandre Hopkins and Andre Johnson.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I think you can toss out "right now" from that sentence. Due to the Rice fiasco I think the Ravens are going to be one of those consistently reviled teams with the Steelers and Pats.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

football fuckerman posted:

They always have been

Probably.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Has their ever been a game that you actually, unreservedly expected the Ravens to win?

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Did you see Chrebet's career? It wasn't luck that gave him permanent wet brain.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Intruder posted:

Andre has looked... mortal, so far this year

That's the saddest thing I've ever heard. Andre Johnson has played football the way rainbow's love. I'm not sure what I mean by that but it's how I feel in my brain, my dick, and my heart.

If Johnson has finally exited the Prime of his career it's more than a little depressing.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

football fuckerman posted:

Shanahan is pretty good but the inability to get that first down late in the game is so frustrating. If you're keeping score of how well Shanahan did that game, it's the equivalent of taking an offensive score off the board when you give the ball back with time and a short field. Very hard to imagine the defense preventing the Ravens from gaining 15 or 20 yards there

The final two Browns offensive drives both ended on drops by WRs on balls that would have gotten the first. You can justifiably complain about 1st and 2nd down calls but those 3rd down plays would have moved the chains but for bad hands and imperfectly thrown footballs.

I hate that the Ravens D has been getting credit for that when did nothing to earn those three and outs.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIpo1xF7IhI

Shown here, poor upper body strength.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He was actually totally healthy before the hip injury last year. That said the only year he was the team's starter was 2012 as we had Todd Heap before that.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Elephanthead posted:

I think the more important question rather then why are kickers all crackers, is how the hell can the south be so black and so republican? White devil magic?

Welcome to the wonderful world of gerrymandering.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kalli posted:

There's gotta be a bunch in college somewhere.

I get the new guys struggling, but how can long established veterans just all suddenly start making GBS threads themselves every play. What the hell is going on there.

Like seriously, what the hell? https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/2BA1...Su9NKURhVLh3gAm

A) O-lines are a mystery that change for good and ill season to season, game to game, where no sane man could find reason.

B) Khalil Mack is cool dude #1.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

kiimo posted:

So Jacksonville's stadium is full of retirees I thought that was just a stereotype.

Every stadium is filled with baby boomers and those folks is getting old.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That's what everyone says every week and it's hardly ever true. Panters/Ravens and Packers/Bears both have the potential to be good games.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

DriveC posted:

Packers-Bears is going to be an even sloppier shitshow than it usually is. If that's your thing it'll be amazing.

Close games where fun things happen are my thing, so yeah Packers/Bears looks good.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Eifert Posting posted:

So Wallace Gilberry (DE, Bengals) may not have a career in scouting...

If you don't feel like reading, basically he says WR Mo Sanu is a better QB than non-top tier QBs and specifically says Mo is better than Geno Smith and Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Lol.

If Marvin Lewis really wants to go to the Superbowl he'll use this week to get Sanu up to speed as starting QB. I don't even know if I'm kidding or not.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

"LT Eugene Monroe will have a minor surgical procedure on his knee. Out an undetermined amount of time."

Well, gently caress. The o-line has been doing so well. At least the interior line is still badass. Not having a [good] starting left tackle in the game is really gonna hurt against Carolina.

Welp, that puts Jah Reid starting so... 5-11, maybe? We were always one injury on the line away from being miserable.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

FeedingHam2Cats posted:

Actually the new starter is James Hurst, a guy who wasn't drafted due to a leg injury his last year at UNC

Oh. Seriously, why the hell is Reid still on our team? Guy is just terrible at football/being a human being. Hurst was also terrible in the preseason but at least showed progress as the games progressed. We're still likely screwed, at the very least against Carolina's front 7.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

Not only that but KO - Zuttah - Yanda is a really good interior line and has been making the job easy on the committee of RBs

I'll never call Kelechi Osemele KO. Kelechi Osemele is too fun to say in my head.

Yeah, he and Yanda have been superb but Zuttah has been the definition of mediocre. He'll get pushed here and there, or let a free runner go doubling up on Yanda's guy but he's also had solid plays being a god send on 4th and short. Maybe we aren't in as much trouble as I fear but the O-line has by far been the best thing about our offense this year and even when they've give Joe a full 5 seconds it doesn't seem like our receiver are consistently getting open. I doubt the removal of Pitta and a less experienced LT is going to help that situation any.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Dexo posted:

Nope, Everyone in the Ravens org loving loved Ray Rice, He would have taken that half year suspension(maybe a year) and come back. Nationally they would poo poo on the decision for a while, but have some photo ops with the wife, have stories about the counseling they are going through "leak", and go on with the fatal mistake/changed man narrative, like they were already doing that when they mentioned that he had stopped drinking.

Have Goodell(who's rep hadn't been destroyed by the initial short penalty) come out about how he's spoken with Ray about what's expected of him, have the League throw some money at domestic abuse funds and have Ray volunteer for them in some fashion and everything is smoothed over.

The Ravens literally offered the dude a job, down the line after everything has blown over.

Not only are you right but before the second video dropped Ravens president Dick Cass was already having discussions with House of Ruth about donations from the Ravens organization and Rice going to a support group they hold and eventually being a spokesperson for House of Ruth.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Quest For Glory II posted:

Week 4 announcer shame parade

CBS

CAR @ BAL - Greg Gumbel, Trent Green & Evan Washburn

Last year this would have been a Dierdorf game. What a wonderful difference a year makes.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The roads in Philadelphia are still the worst I've ever seen.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Sour Diesel posted:

So one of the unexpected (to me, anyway) things about the season so far is the effectiveness of Justin Forsett. Guy has been a great compliment to Pierce and Lorenzo's running style and is turning out to be a great 3rd down back.

Was Forsett always a pretty decent depth guy, or is this just Kubiak's system doing it's thing? So far it seems any RB that's lined up has done wonderfully so I'm leaning toward that.

Never had an actual OC in Baltimore so this is new territory for me

I don't know about any running back. Pierce has looked mediocre at best and I'm a little disappointed he'll be returning so soon after Taliaferro's performance last week.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Seriously. After a game like that Giants fans deserved to take a victory lap.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
It is a painful misuse of personnel. The same can't be said of the secondary. No kind of creative scheme is going to polish the turd that is Matt Elam.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

E_Motion posted:

I hope the defense being rear end again combined with Rex maybe losing his job means we can get Rex back as DC. Or Pagano, but I don't think he's anywhere near the hot seat.

I've had that dream as well but with the spotlight Rex has had the past few years he'll never be a DC again. The man is well on his way to ESPN, or maybe, if we're lucky, he'll replace Schiano on the NFL Network.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What if the sky were made of turtles? It's best not to think on nonsense.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Turf toe eventually ended Jack Lambert's career

Jonathan Ogden too.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Febreeze posted:

gently caress Swickles Will Hill is really good when he's on the field. He's just always suspended. PFF isn't perfect stats but they graded him second in the league last year at safety. Dude is a beast,

I'm going to choose to believe this because all other paths lead to despair.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Sometimes football is pretty funny.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
He's a natural SS when we needed a FS and he played well enough to get paid elsewhere. I haven't even looked at the Cap for next year but with Rice and Pitta my guess is it will be ugly.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
They're really not. It's bullshit that Cinncy finally has to play New England and Tom Brady decides that's the time to fall off a cliff.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
That doesn't count because the whole division played New England and the Bengals got an assist from god.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That doesn't count because the whole division played New England and the Bengals got an assist from god.

• Locked thread