Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WastedJoker
Oct 29, 2011

Fiery the angels fell. Deep thunder rolled around their shoulders... burning with the fires of Orc.
Is Revenge Guy being set up as a potential new hunter?

Dean this season though :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012
I hope this demon Dean plot lasts for a good amount of the season. I'm going to be pissed if it is resolved in a couple more episodes.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Power_of_the_glory posted:

I hope this demon Dean plot lasts for a good amount of the season. I'm going to be pissed if it is resolved in a couple more episodes.

Come on, you know it will be resolved pretty soon.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

WastedJoker posted:

Is Revenge Guy being set up as a potential new hunter?
Does it matter? He won't be alive by the end of the season anyway

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Sam didn't get his soul back until halfway through season 6, so hopefully they leave Dean demonized at least that long.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I'm on Team Dean too, I love how he is being portrayed. The fight with the revenge-seeking-guy exemplified the new Dean perfectly -- arrogant, bad-rear end, piece-of-poo poo who doesn't care.

I hope we get to see this Dean long enough to see him go full demon, at least power(s)-wise.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Some Numbers posted:

Sam didn't get his soul back until halfway through season 6, so hopefully they leave Dean demonized at least that long.

He dies at the end of the season and then we find out where demon souls go when they die (it will be called Limbo).

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Some Numbers posted:

Though we didn't know what was going on with him for a while. The gap between the reveal he had no soul and the retrieval of his soul was only a few episodes. Demon Dean we've known about from the start so they may play it different. Also, Soulless Sam didn't gently caress with the general formula of 'Sam&Dean hunting monsters' as much as Demon Dean does.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011

BreakAtmo posted:

Though we didn't know what was going on with him for a while. The gap between the reveal he had no soul and the retrieval of his soul was only a few episodes. Demon Dean we've known about from the start so they may play it different. Also, Soulless Sam didn't gently caress with the general formula of 'Sam&Dean hunting monsters' as much as Demon Dean does.

Well, we could always have "random army guy hunting monsters [and Sam and Dean]" for a few episodes.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
That guy seemed too short to be a badass SF operator. Perhaps he is the guy they send into the tunnels like a heavily armed ferret?

devoir
Nov 16, 2007

priznat posted:

That guy seemed too short to be a badass SF operator. Perhaps he is the guy they send into the tunnels like a heavily armed ferret?

Fun fact, the actor was a Marine. He also claims to be 5'10", but IMDB lists him at 5'9".

eNeMeE
Nov 26, 2012

priznat posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jx9h894XBM

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Haha I had no idea Ackles was 6'1", I thought he would be under 6' like most actors seem to be. I knew Padalecki was tall but drat he's like, huge.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
The sad thing is, even the Crowley toy that came out is still taller than the Dean one.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Just started binging on the show, and I'm halfway through season 1. I'm loving it so far, but I'm kinda disappointed Missouri is apparently only in one episode in the whole show. She seemed kind of important.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Just started binging on the show, and I'm halfway through season 1. I'm loving it so far, but I'm kinda disappointed Missouri is apparently only in one episode in the whole show. She seemed kind of important.

Who?
Get used to female characters not sticking around for very long, especially early on.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

CHiRAL posted:

Who?
Get used to female characters not sticking around for very long, especially early on.

The psychic in their home town, knew their parents. Also the first episode Sam's powers make their appearance. But yeah, if there's one thing I've heard about Supernatural it's the poison dicks.

minusX
Jun 16, 2007

Say something hideous and horrible jumps out at you. Something so disgusting that it simply must die.
Ah! Oh!..So tacky! I can't...look...directly at it!

A. Beaverhausen posted:

The psychic in their home town, knew their parents. Also the first episode Sam's powers make their appearance. But yeah, if there's one thing I've heard about Supernatural it's the poison dicks.

So I decided to look her up because I forgot about her and well

The Wiki posted:

Missouri was originally meant to appear in the season one finale, 1.22 Devil's Trap, but scheduling conflicts with actress Loretta Devine forced the production to create a new character, Bobby Singer, as a fill in.
If she had a bigger part we wouldn't have had Bobby. No thanks.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I thought you meant the state for a second there.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
It's demon-curing time!

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
So, if Sam cures Dean, doesn't that technically fulfill the third trial?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

computer parts posted:

So, if Sam cures Dean, doesn't that technically fulfill the third trial?
I was going to ask that too. I forget how exactly that ended?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Fast Luck posted:

I was going to ask that too. I forget how exactly that ended?

It got broke off in the middle and he fell into a coma.

Anyway, I guess not.

mcswizzle
Jul 26, 2009

computer parts posted:

It got broke off in the middle and he fell into a coma.

Anyway, I guess not.

Even if it did, there is a spell to close the gates. Cas performed rituals for the gates of heaven and then his grace was a component of the spell to cast the angels out.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Really bummed Dean lost his demon this early, but not really surprised.

I thought for a hot minute that the bodies on the roof were going to catch fire, and now I'm really really sad they didn't.

FowlTheOwl
Nov 5, 2008

O thou precious owl,
The wise Minervas only fowl
Do you think he could revert back? Say he does something bad and it tips the scales back to demon?

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
He's still got the mark, so yea, there's still that whole curse thing going on.

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

Deanmon will be back. If that's all it takes to reset then gently caress this show.

I really wanted Sam to rip the demon killing knife across Dean's throat and for Dean to immediately heal. That ending would have owned.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Does everyone but me just know who that was at the end sitting below the two porterhouse steaks?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Does everyone but me just know who that was at the end sitting below the two porterhouse steaks?

It's apparently a new character named Rowena (which is going to be weird as gently caress because I know someone with a similar name).

http://www.ibtimes.com/supernatural-season-10-spoilers-new-character-added-who-rowena-1618106

quote:

The new, recurring role will be Rowena, a “tough but elegant woman who will stop at nothing to reclaim her power base,” TV Line hinted, adding that the show is looking for an actress who has or can perfect a Scottish accent.

While researching, we learned the Rowena was also the name of the daughter of the Anglo-Saxon chief Hengist and the wife of Vortigern, the king of the Britons, in British legend. She is known as a fictitious figure and a beautiful one at that. She won her people the Kingdom of Kent through her treacherous seduction of Vortigern. Could this be the same Rowena mentioned in the character description?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm annoyed they cured Deanmon already, but I'm assuming it's a fakeout.

Merlinicus
May 3, 2011
Hm. At the end of the last season I was thinking Deanmon was going to just be his personality, but they really did go with the whole "turn demon becomes evil" angle. Are we supposed to recognize the person in the scene at the end of the last episode?

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Demon!Dean was hardly more evil than normal Dean. I'm sure that was deliberate, as was Cas' conversation about how hosed up Sam and Dean's relationship is. At least I hope the show is that self aware when it comes to Dean being a prick and Sam letting him walk all over him.
The scene in Dean's room was so cheesy and emo that I laughed the whole way through it. Really, Sam? You're pouting over your brother's leftover pie crust?

What I'm loving most is Crowley and his deep, abiding need for a bro. He tried with Cas, he tried with Sam during the trials, he tried with Dean. Crowley just needs a friend. :(

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

empty sea posted:

Demon!Dean was hardly more evil than normal Dean. I'm sure that was deliberate, as was Cas' conversation about how hosed up Sam and Dean's relationship is. At least I hope the show is that self aware when it comes to Dean being a prick and Sam letting him walk all over him.

It also reinforced the metaphor of being a demon as being akin to alcoholism, destructive but easier on your feelings than actually confronting stuff sober.

Lunadystopia
Oct 15, 2014
I hope that Dean wasn't really cure that the mark could store some of that essence of evil. And I'm sure we will get to see some of more of this dark side of Dean even without the demon part. But I'm happy to see the brothers together and Cas too.

I love that when Sam was looking at the pictures that Dean had in his room that played a song from the first episode (it was awesome)

The end of the episode was a little bit of a memory of the Pilot episode with the bodies up in the ceiling, I'm so excited to see who is this new evil character!

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
It doesn't really matter that they cured him when the mark is just slowly re-deanmon-ing him.

Oroborus
Jul 6, 2004
Here we go again
I'm hoping the deanmon thing isn't over but that killing makes the demon come back out. It would be interesting if Dean can't kill anymore but still tries to be a hunter.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

No lie till it showed her face I thought it was Peggy Bundy.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The saddest thing about all of this is that it seems "Deanmon" caught on

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Dean got off easy being cured, he didn't do too much bad stuff apart from killing Lester but that guy was a dick anyway.

That demon the MoL cured had eaten a baby, that would have been pretty hard to deal with after being humanized!