Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Just started binging on the show, and I'm halfway through season 1. I'm loving it so far, but I'm kinda disappointed Missouri is apparently only in one episode in the whole show. She seemed kind of important.

I thought you meant the state for a second there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

bobkatt013 posted:

Supernatural will have a season 11. gently caress you Smallville.

And by extension gently caress you, every other genre show in history. If S11 is a full order and the last season, Supernatural will finish on 241 episodes.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

How does that work? Didn't they just hit 200 a few episodes ago, with the high school play episode?

Yes, but that was S10E05. Supernatural seasons tend to run 23 episodes under normal circumstances, so S10E23 will be episode 218 and S11E23 will be 241.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

|Ziggy| posted:

Didn't their cryptic 'answer' to getting rid of the mark say something about making a roundabout and getting back to the beginning? I don't remember it exactly, but it sounded like if Dean just went and killed Cain, mark is gone and problem solved. Too bad they're too stupid to just go and ask or follow through with their deal...you'd think that would've been the first thing Dean did since he likes offing monsters so much.

"The river ends at the source". It's obvious that only Cain can remove the Mark.

Meanwhile, I think the show has already used its entire props budget and the writer needs strangling for his shoddy research. The Book of the Damned is not some fabled book of lore the only known extant copy of which is blah blah blah - it's one of Charles Fort's seminal chronicles of weird poo poo, you can get the Kindle edition for free on Amazon, and the sheet Sam was holding is literally a public library catalogue entry.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

pentyne posted:

Lucifer and Micheal just show up, realize God has taken off, and just go "gently caress it, let's do whatever we want" and pal around the world making up for lost time. Gabriel shows up to poo poo talk them, get drunk, and explain the in and outs of human culture while getting them to embarrass themselves constantly.

Spinoff detected.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

who in the poo poo actually says "hashtag" and uses "#confused" in a message?

People who deserve to die. We weren't meant to be unsympathetic to the ghost in this one.

This episode would have been so much better if the sole survivor had been the driver instead of the one person who said "We should call for help".

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Yaos posted:

It's not explained why anybody but Dean and Cain wants the First Blade since it's useless without the Mark of Cain.

Most of them seem to want it so that someone with the Mark doesn't have it.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

pentyne posted:

"We have a problem, the Bobby's are surly. Repeat, the Bobby's are surly."

I like the idea that people in Heaven get sorted by their Christian names.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

He's got kind of a weird bromance thing going on with Dean. Weirdly enough the only dude he CAN trust is the one who can kill him if he ends up with the First Blade.

I really loved the psychic guy though, I hope he shows up in more episodes.

"You can't be an angel!"
"Why not?"
"Because I'm an atheist!"
"Not anymore..."

I also loved that all he picked up from Cas was just colors. Like Cas is just chilled to the point where human concerns are just background noise, and he's just like "Man I really love blue. So many shades of blue out there..."

I think it's more that Castiel's thoughts are so different to human thoughts that he can only interpret them as colours. It's like speaking in tongues at charismatic churches; you know what God is saying to (or through) you, but you have no way to get it out in recognisable form because it's so different to human speech.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

The Book of the Damned annoys the crap out of me. Charlie searched the world for this thing, unearthing it in a monastery in Spain ... or alternately, you can download it to your loving Kindle for free. I'd give them a pass on the title, except the first time it appeared on the show they were so loving lazy they use what I think was the Library of Congress page for Fort's book. It was definitely for Fort, whatever it was.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Zurui posted:

This show has become a Jefferson Starship.

It's certainly built on rock and roll.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Super.Jesus posted:

I can't get over the fact that they're basically doing the leviathan all over again, but they're still not going full Lovecraft. What is is going to take for the monsters to be something else than black smoke or black liquid?

A vast SFX budget. Remember that del Toro's movie adap of At The Mountains of Madness has spent years in development hell at least partially because it would have to cost well over $100m.

Also it does kind of make sense that all the demon monsters are black smoke or liquid if all the evil in creation comes from the Darkness (which would be a pretty stupid loving name if it weren't black).

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Blazing Ownager posted:

You know I really don't expect them to keep this straight in their heads, but the final big dramatic Cas attacking Crowley... when you stop to think about it is both an awful plan, and just can't work. Cas has an Angel blade, which has been shown repeatedly to not kill Crowley, right?

Really Crowley might spend an hour getting stabbed over and over to absolutely zero effect. She might as well have stuck a guy with a pocket knife against a Terminator.

Makes a pretty good distraction while she gets away with the book, though.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Dean is the single biggest threat to him with the Mark. If things went south, and he got hold of the First Blade then Crowley would definitely end up in a fight for his life.

Not even that. If Dean with the Mark and the First Blade caught Crowley in a devil trap, Crowley is dead - end of. He can't teleport away, he can't kill or permanently harm Dean and the Blade is presumably indestructible as well.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

shadow puppet of a posted:

I have begun to watch this show because I liked Angel so I'm hopping back on the Tim Minnear train.

You may want to hop off again. Tim "loving" Minear has never worked on Supernatural.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Yeah I don't care, I love this loving show. I hope it goes as long as Gunsmoke.

It's a nice thought, but I really don't want to see Jenson coming back for a 40th anniversary TV movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

GreenNight posted:

Eh, if no one else does then go ahead.

Season 11 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjDjj2AW4lY

Someone did yesterday, but thanks anyway.