Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW
You have to scroll past 4chan meme reviews just to see the actual description for a game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i too have read your twitter

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Y-Hat posted:

i, too, have read your twitter

whats his twitter

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Y-Hat posted:

i too have read your twitter

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Hoodrich posted:

whats his twitter
@bonzibuddy64

tbf scrolling past a bunch of dumb memes and trollfaces has to get old after a while but i don't use steam that much

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
I dont really care that reviews appear on the steam store but having stupid recommendations replacing the front page is just silly.

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i hate this i'm here to complain

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I am a Steam Curator.

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

is there any way to get rid of the dumb curator stuff?

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Win Avatar.

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009

Zombie Squared posted:

is there any way to get rid of the dumb curator stuff?

I've been wondering this myself. I haven't seen any options. I've never tried skins but they might work. I've been putting off trying skins out because they probably need to be updated after the change.

El Wombato
Mar 19, 2008

Mexican Marsupial

Omally posted:

i hate this i'm here to complain

lets boycott

Zombie Squared
Feb 16, 2007

steam is recommending that I follow kotaku and totalbiscuit. Where did I go so terribly wrong.

Zombie Squared fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 23, 2014

metricchip
Jul 16, 2014

The Steam front page needs a major loving overhaul but not like this. I kind of like the slate blue but not when the rest of the interface is still black.

Billy Everyteen
May 6, 2009
All I wanted out of steam was a better way to filter out the gamez and no more early access popping up as new releases. Its cool that I got what I wanted but the infinite scrolling wall of bullshit that is the new steam store is really bad. Its just too much information that I don't care about popping in and sliding around everywhere. Really triggers my autism.

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

it does load pages faster than 4 minutes now, so I'm happy for that but what the gently caress gabe newell

DrPaper
Aug 29, 2011

lol

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I don;t like seeing my ugly rear end Steam Avatar everytime I open steam.

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

hloy poo poo A SMARTER STOREFRONT,
PERSONALIZED JUST FOR YOU

just for meee

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I don;t like seeing my ugly rear end Steam Avatar everytime I open steam.

That's you in my headcanon.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

vile new steam

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Dexters Secret posted:

hloy poo poo A SMARTER STOREFRONT,
PERSONALIZED JUST FOR YOU

just for meee

so this is your fault

gently caress u

NihilVerumNisiMors
Aug 16, 2012
First thing it recommends for me is loving DOTA 2.

gently caress you Gaben.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
i really like the new steam store. makes it easier to see things i want, things i have, things on my wishlist. well done valve for making shopping a bit easier

Soral
May 30, 2009

gabe recommended i buy "Five Nights at Freddie's" because of my recent play time in other "First Person Games"

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

Soral posted:

gabe recommended i buy "Five Nights at Freddie's" because of my recent play time in other "First Person Games"

Actually its because you hang out at Chuck-E-Cheese's eyeballing all the children, lol.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

i'm not a gamer, i'm a curator.

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
Can someone take a screen of this newfangled mess for those of us who don't have functioning computers to check it out? (Me)

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

tags recommended for me

Singleplayer
Story Rich
Sci-fi
Turn-Based
Turn-Based Strategy

Soral
May 30, 2009

actually its working great, boys

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soral posted:

actually its working great, boys

human being.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

for realios every time i look at a game now i have to see what kotaku or asscancerbiscuit or some other vidya man think of the game and i could do without that

w/e i'm sure i will get used to it

MarioTeachesWiping
Nov 1, 2006

by XyloJW
I hate change!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

agree same yolo

Soral
May 30, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

human being.

gently caress off retard

bonzibuddy64
Jan 5, 2007

by XyloJW

Cyra posted:

I hate change!

i dont mind the layout change at all, but i dont want to see 4chan or totalbiscuit recommendations before i read the games description. i dont want some internet personality to "curate" my games for me. Let me pick for myself.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Soral posted:

gently caress off retard

Did you actually thinking you were cool when you screenshotted your baby fucker games for everyone? What about when you were uploading them? Posting them? You thought you were king pedofile human being. The boys in the impzone will get a hell of a laff out of this. Lol. Take a hike, loser.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soral
May 30, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Did you actually thinking you were cool when you screenshotted your baby fucker games for everyone? What about when you were uploading them? Posting them? You thought you were king pedofile human being. The boys in the impzone will get a hell of a laff out of this. Lol. Take a hike, loser.

lol another sick burn straight from forum posting allstar "knuc u kinte" and his hosed up retard brain, straight thru his fingertips and onto my computer screen. lmao classic poo poo.

• Locked thread