Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
I've noticed that most people who don't believe in god are kind of coddled and probably haven't really been tested in life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Where's your magical sky wizard/Santa Claus now, weak minded fools!?

:smug: :smug: :smug: :smug: :shepface:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
When I catch myself thinking about how God could exist I realize it's only because I was originally thinking about my own mortality.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I think I'm gonna convert to bahai op

Thundercakes
Nov 4, 2011

Cucking Mama posted:

I've noticed that most people who don't believe in god are kind of coddled and probably haven't really been tested in life

I believed in God until I was tested in life.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
i was tested YHWH positive

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

emanresu tnuocca posted:

i was tested YHWH positive

pretty sure that requires baptism

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Even if there isn't a Creator God that originated the universe, in the billions of years since the universe's beginning, odds are pretty good that one or more species has ascended to a level of technology that we would be unable to distinguish from "godlike" at our current level of development. Such beings could be watching over us right now.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
God would have more rep if he actually showed up every 60 years but instead he's a deadbeat dad who flooded the earth

Then when he sent the Jews their prophet they loving murdered him so he said gently caress this and peaced out

Until Islam

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
If there are higher dimensional beings they really suck at being God because if I was a higher dimensional being I'd be unlocking lockers and poo poo for people and performing miracle abortions and flooding Africa with water instead of AIDS

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
When I was seven years old I thought I had to decide between believing in heaven and God (because that's what is above the clouds) or believing in space being badass (which was also above the clouds) and I loving chose the badass one

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

When I was seven years old I thought I had to decide between believing in heaven and God (because that's what is above the clouds) or believing in space being badass (which was also above the clouds) and I loving chose the badass one

yase... the void of empty space... the ultimate comfort

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

If there are higher dimensional beings they really suck at being God because if I was a higher dimensional being I'd be unlocking lockers and poo poo for people and performing miracle abortions and flooding Africa with water instead of AIDS

To videogame characters, we're the higher dimensional beings, and see how we treat them.
We're getting off light.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Kyrie eleison posted:

yase... the void of empty space... the ultimate comfort

I had just checked out the book in the library that talked about the sun dying and earth getting owned

I vividly remember the artists rendering of the oceans boiling off into huge clouds of steam.

hosed up.

am0kgonzo
Jun 18, 2010

Cucking Mama posted:

I've noticed that most people who believe in god are kind of retarded

same

Kmlkmljkl
Sep 21, 2014

AT NIGHT I GET SO LONELY I JERK IT FURIOUSLY TO THE SIMS
I don't, but I also don't not believe in a god.

I have no strong feelings toward either side.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I like the backhanded compliments when religious nutsos say that being an atheist means having a lot of faith and must be really hard and they nod knowingly as you lol

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Whoever he/she is, they are there.

They just don't do anything anymore.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

No

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I had a guy ask me once where I got my moral compass if I wasn't raised with Jesus

Ugh because I'm not a sociopath??

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Applewhite posted:

To videogame characters, we're the higher dimensional beings, and see how we treat them.
We're getting off light.

Well we have lovely lives I bet higher dimensional beings don't have to hunt for change in the parking lot to pay their meter

xov
Nov 14, 2005

DNA Ts. Rednum or F. Raf
I don't see what difference it makes.
Believe what you want, and keep it to yourself.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

I had a guy ask me once where I got my moral compass if I wasn't raised with Jesus

Ugh because I'm not a sociopath??

lol at people who think "being moral" is the same as avoiding punishment.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Applewhite posted:

We're getting off light.

Bullshit.

Do you know the kind of lifestyle that I've provided for Franklin in GTA V?

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Applewhite posted:

We're getting off light.

Bet he had to blow on the cartridge a few times before the game would run.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

I hate it when people quote my posts so that they can misrepresent me. what the gently caress.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Count Freebasie posted:

Bullshit.

Do you know the kind of lifestyle that I've provided for Franklin in GTA V?

At the cost of how many innocent NPCs' happiness?

Wicker Man posted:

Bet he had to blow on the cartridge a few times before the game would run.

Hurricane Katrina, anyone?

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Applewhite posted:

At the cost of how many innocent NPCs' happiness?

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah got what was coming to them. As did the idolators and people who talked back to Franklin when he bumped into them on the sidewalk. None were innocent.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Count Freebasie posted:

The people of Sodom and Gomorrah got what was coming to them. As did the idolators and people who talked back to Franklin when he bumped into them on the sidewalk. None were innocent.

Franklin died for their sins and was ressurected in the hospital.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
In comparison, we all have the same amount of autonomy as video game characters do.

Maybe we're all assigned our own personal higher dimensional being and that's why some people get hosed or abandoned

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Heh I didn't choose the thug life, my personal god did for me

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i don't think there's any good reason to believe in god but for some reason i kind of do. but i would never act that way irl

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Maybe we're all assigned our own personal higher dimensional being.

How else would you describe one's (hypothetical) immortal soul?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Applewhite posted:

How else would you describe one's (hypothetical) immortal soul?

Good poo poo

It's like when you trap your SIM in a room and let it burn its house down while you start a new family down the street with the same names and no one notices you've replaced an entire family

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
I have seen the face of god.
Hint: Its goatse.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Cucking Mama posted:

Former heroin addict, both parents died at a fairly early age, I look after my sister in my own and I think god is a load of poo poo.

Apart from Odin. That son of a bitch knows what's up.

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.
god's def. real and imma neg that bitch. played too many jrpgs to do anything different. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CwNsBhI8yk

420 smoke god erryday.

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Ddraig posted:

Former heroin addict, both parents died at a fairly early age, I look after my sister in my own and I think god is a load of poo poo.

Apart from Odin. That son of a bitch knows what's up.

it definitely sounds like you were tested but you wound up being into the same god my cousin likes

ZombieParts
Jul 18, 2009

ASK ME ABOUT VISITING PROSTITUTES IN CHINA AND FEELING NO SHAME. MY FRIEND IS SERIOUSLY THE (PATHETIC) YODA OF PAYING WOMEN TO TOUCH HIS (AND MY) DICK. THEY WOULDN'T DO IT OTHERWISE.
i hope this isn't all there is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotron
Nov 25, 2007

I AM THE GERBIL GOD KAHUNA
If you've ever seen one of the town hall scenes from that show Finding Bigfoot, my reaction when I watch that is the same reaction I have when I see people sitting in church. Just a kind of an lol those people really have themselves convinced. In fact that whole show is a good parallel. Let's go out into the world and claim that basically everything we find is some kind of proof. Coyote? No... big foot! I might go back to church if Bobo ran things though. We could try to find god by putting donuts on the pews at night to attract him.

• Locked thread