Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.
We have made it to Week 4, give yourselves a pat on the back for surviving. Also give your surviving players a pat on the back for making it this far.

The following teams have a bye week:

Cardinals
Bengals
Browns
Broncos
Seahawks
Rams

Sit/Start Rules
  • Don't Sit Your Studs
  • Except when your Stud QBs play against Seattle (especially in Seattle)
  • When posting include any unique league scoring rules, and your player's matchups for that week
  • i forgot all the rest but rule #1 is all that really matters

quote:

Advice Template
ESPN 1 PPR - pick two RBs

Adrian Peterson @Rams
Devonta Freeman vs Saints
Jamaal Charles vs Titans

I feel like Freeman might catch more passes than Peterson, and the Rams have a really good front 7. Leaning towards Freeman and Charles. Thoughts?

MrSargent fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Sep 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Just a friendly reminder that statistically once you lose four games you are out of contention. No pressure!

oneof3steves
Oct 25, 2007

Sgulp
ESPN Standard .5 PPR

Flex spot:
Keenan Allen vs Jack
Victor Cruz vs Wash
Trent Richardson vs Ten
Cecil Shorts? vs SD

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Yahoo standard, 0ppr

Flex advice.
Do I start...
Anquan Boldin vs Phi
Markus Wheaton vs TB
Or try and scrape up something off the wire? Viable picks include Michael Floyd, James Jones, Blount, Asiata, McFadden, CJ2K, Taliaferro...though it means dropping one of Boldin or Wheaton.

Evi|Sycho
Sep 9, 2001

Sexy Time!
Pick one WR2 and one Flex, ESPN Standard 0PPR:

Garcon vs NYG
Edelman @KC
J Bell @ NYJ
B Cooks @Dal

Going with the two guys who see the most targets, but an argument could definitely be made for Cooks in there vs Dallas.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Just a friendly reminder that statistically once you lose four games you are out of contention. No pressure!

But don't give up even if you start out 0-4, because loving someone over that has the potential to make the playoffs is the true fantasy football spirit!

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

oneof3steves posted:

ESPN Standard .5 PPR

Flex spot:
Keenan Allen vs Jack
Victor Cruz vs Wash
Trent Richardson vs Ten
Cecil Shorts? vs SD

I would honestly start Cruz this week, although Allen is close. The Giants didn't look awful last week and the Redskins gave up some big plays to the Eagles.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Evi|Sycho posted:

Pick one WR2 and one Flex, ESPN Standard 0PPR:

Garcon vs NYG
Edelman @KC
J Bell @ NYJ
B Cooks @Dal

Going with the two guys who see the most targets, but an argument could definitely be made for Cooks in there vs Dallas.

I really like Cooks against that Dallas defense. He saw a lot of targets last week and good yardage, this week he should see a TD. I would probably replace Edelman because the Patriots offense looks terrible.

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

ESPN standard, 0 PPR, RB/WR/TE Flex

Pick one Flex
Mike Wallace @ Oak
Darren McFadden vs Mia

I'm leaning heavily towards Wallace because McFadden would require a waiver pickup.

MrSargent posted:

I would honestly start Cruz this week, although Allen is close. The Giants didn't look awful last week and the Redskins gave up some big plays to the Eagles.

On the other hand, Jac is atrocious and you should always pick players on the team opposing them.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Hey man the 6th playoff spot in one of my leagues last year was a guy who was 6-7! I think the lowest one could really hope for is a 7-6 record and still make the playoffs.

So I have to go 7-3 in my big money league.

:cry:

Arcturas
Mar 30, 2011

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

What size league?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

winvirus posted:

Yahoo standard, 0ppr

Flex advice.
Do I start...
Anquan Boldin vs Phi
Markus Wheaton vs TB
Or try and scrape up something off the wire? Viable picks include Michael Floyd, James Jones, Blount, Asiata, McFadden, CJ2K, Taliaferro...though it means dropping one of Boldin or Wheaton.

Surely you mean Malcom Floyd? If you don't, then drop Wheaton for Michael Floyd right now.

I'd use Boldin since the game projects to be a shootout.

winvirus
Jan 23, 2009

You only delay the inevitable. All of this island will soon belong to me.

Yeah, I meant Malcom. Wishful, distracted thinking. :shobon:

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
10 team Yahoo league, 0.2 PPR

Pick 2

Donald Brown vs. Jacksonville
CJ Spiller @ Houston
Lamar Miller @ Oakland (actually in London)

Brown is horribly inefficient but should have huge volume and Lamar Miller put up good numbers with Moreno out. I'm leaning towards those 2. Of course I benched Spiller in Week 2 and it cost me the win...

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
I again need to pick two wide receivers and a flex this week out of the following:

Pierre Garcon vs. NYG
Michael Crabtree vs. PHI
Mike Wallace @OAK

Andre Johnson vs. BUF
Kendall Wright @ IND

I'm thinking of going with the first three and benching Andre Johnson, as he's under-performed pretty consistently.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I am on vacation so forgive the half-assedness, but here goes this week's suavest D/ST streamer picks, based on Vegas odds of the lowest-scoring games + caliber-of-defense + caliber-of-offense + home-vs-away. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to pick the grand slam, just the streaming option least likely to gently caress you over with a negative score. Teams playing against JAX are now showing a significant boost in value.

1) SD vs JAX
2a) MIA @ OAK
2b) BAL vs CAR
3) PIT vs. TB
4) HOU vs BUF

MIA and BAL are interchangeable.

Week 3 results, std scoring (yeesh, this was a bad one. Hope you got the Dolphins)

1) MIA vs KC: 10 pts
2) CAR vs PIT: -7
3) HOU @ NYG: -1
4) BAL @ CLE: 2
5) SF @ ARI: 2

Week 2 results (std scoring)

HOU @ OAK - 8 pts
TB vs STL - 4 pts
WAS vs JAX - 18 pts

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
ESPN Standard, no PPR

RB2: Reggie Bush vs Matt Asiata

WR2: Julian Edelman vs Mike Wallace vs Kelvin Benjamin

From those I also need a Flex play.

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

Q_res posted:

ESPN Standard, no PPR

RB2: Reggie Bush vs Matt Asiata

WR2: Julian Edelman vs Mike Wallace vs Kelvin Benjamin

From those I also need a Flex play.

Bush, Benji, Edleman

Jets shut down the run but Bush is their passing downs guy and should at least get some catches. Not sure I trust the vikings.

I need an RB2:
Joique Bell @NYJ - scared to play him for the statement above, NYJ is #1 vs the run this year.
Gerhart @ SD - ugh.
Knile Davis vs NE - Monday night game, Charles 'high ankle sprain' may not actually be that and he may be back at near 100%.

BRAKE FOR MOOSE
Jun 6, 2001

Pick two (WR2 and flex):

Randall Cobb @CHI
Kelvin Benjamin @BAL
Brandin Cooks @DAL

This would be easier for me if Benjamin didn't go off this weekend.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

disheveled posted:

Pick two (WR2 and flex):

Randall Cobb @CHI
Kelvin Benjamin @BAL
Brandin Cooks @DAL

This would be easier for me if Benjamin didn't go off this weekend.

Benji and Cooks.

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham

Gobias Ind. posted:

10 team Yahoo league, 0.2 PPR

Pick 2

Donald Brown vs. Jacksonville
CJ Spiller @ Houston
Lamar Miller @ Oakland (actually in London)

Brown is horribly inefficient but should have huge volume and Lamar Miller put up good numbers with Moreno out. I'm leaning towards those 2. Of course I benched Spiller in Week 2 and it cost me the win...

brown has played 1 game, bench spiller

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Suave Fedora posted:

I am on vacation so forgive the half-assedness, but here goes this week's suavest D/ST streamer picks, based on Vegas odds of the lowest-scoring games + caliber-of-defense + caliber-of-offense + home-vs-away. Keep in mind that I'm not trying to pick the grand slam, just the streaming option least likely to gently caress you over with a negative score. Teams playing against JAX are now showing a significant boost in value.

1) SD vs JAX
2a) MIA @ OAK
2b) BAL vs CAR
3) PIT vs. TB
4) HOU vs BUF

MIA and BAL are interchangeable.

Week 3 results, std scoring (yeesh, this was a bad one. Hope you got the Dolphins)

1) MIA vs KC: 10 pts
2) CAR vs PIT: -7
3) HOU @ NYG: -1
4) BAL @ CLE: 2
5) SF @ ARI: 2

Week 2 results (std scoring)

HOU @ OAK - 8 pts
TB vs STL - 4 pts
WAS vs JAX - 18 pts

sd and then pittsburgh

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

climboutonalimb posted:

Bush, Benji, Edleman

Jets shut down the run but Bush is their passing downs guy and should at least get some catches. Not sure I trust the vikings.

I need an RB2:
Joique Bell @NYJ - scared to play him for the statement above, NYJ is #1 vs the run this year.
Gerhart @ SD - ugh.
Knile Davis vs NE - Monday night game, Charles 'high ankle sprain' may not actually be that and he may be back at near 100%.

not really a good play in the mix here, anyone worth a poo poo on waivers?

climboutonalimb
Sep 4, 2004

I get knocked down but I get up again You are never going to keep me down

fat greasy puto posted:

not really a good play in the mix here, anyone worth a poo poo on waivers?

Nothing great - Donald Brown, Carlos Hyde, Oak&Car RBs... I don't have anyone I can drop though. I'm probably just going to gamble and play Knile.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
If you're in a RB/flex emergency (a true emergency), there's a 99 percent chance Darrell Young is a FA and he TD vultures good.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Unless you're the new guy, then you will suddenly go 9 straight to the playoffs

GamingHyena
Jul 25, 2003

Devil's Advocate
Unfortunately my team is getting slaughtered in my league, so week 4 is a must win. Any help would be appreciated. 6 man / Standard League.

Problem 1:
I'm #1 on the waiver wire. Thoughts on my Add/Drop?

-Add Philip Rivers / Drop Cam Newton
-Add Delanie Walker / Drop Dennis Pitta (IR)
-Add Niles Paul / Drop Zach Ertz
-Add D/ST Chargers / Drop D/ST Patriots

Problem 2:
Sensing my tight end weakness, someone has offered to trade Martellus Bennett for Reggie Bush. Bush seems to be boom or bust (and I've never gotten the Bell/Bush coin flip right yet). Good trade or bad?

Lineup:
QB: Nick Foles
RB1: Alfred Morris
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Calvin Johnson
WR2: Randall Cobb
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Julian Edelman
D/ST: Patriots
K: Justin Kicker

Bench:
RB: Arian Foster
QB: Cam Newton
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Michael Floyd
TE: Dennis Pitta (IR)
RB: Joique Bell
RB: Alfred Blue

Available on Waiver Wire:
QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Donald Brown
RB: Lamar Miller
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Delanie Walker
TE: Niles Paul
TE: Dwayne Allen
DST: San Diego Chargers

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

GamingHyena posted:

Unfortunately my team is getting slaughtered in my league, so week 4 is a must win. Any help would be appreciated. 6 man / Standard League.

Problem 1:
I'm #1 on the waiver wire. Thoughts on my Add/Drop?

-Add Philip Rivers / Drop Cam Newton
-Add Delanie Walker / Drop Dennis Pitta (IR)
-Add Niles Paul / Drop Zach Ertz
-Add D/ST Chargers / Drop D/ST Patriots

Problem 2:
Sensing my tight end weakness, someone has offered to trade Martellus Bennett for Reggie Bush. Bush seems to be boom or bust (and I've never gotten the Bell/Bush coin flip right yet). Good trade or bad?

Lineup:
QB: Nick Foles
RB1: Alfred Morris
RB2: Reggie Bush
WR1: Calvin Johnson
WR2: Randall Cobb
TE: Zach Ertz
Flex: Julian Edelman
D/ST: Patriots
K: Justin Kicker

Bench:
RB: Arian Foster
QB: Cam Newton
WR: Percy Harvin
WR: Michael Floyd
TE: Dennis Pitta (IR)
RB: Joique Bell
RB: Alfred Blue

Available on Waiver Wire:
QB: Philip Rivers
RB: Donald Brown
RB: Lamar Miller
WR: Alshon Jeffery
WR: Mike Wallace
TE: Delanie Walker
TE: Niles Paul
TE: Dwayne Allen
DST: San Diego Chargers

Do not drop Cam Newton or Ertz. Start Ertz every week and don't worry about a backup TE for now. Drop Pitta and add Alshon Jeffrey. Don't do that trade. Whatever floats your boat on the defenses, but I'd just keep NE probably.

Mana Dragon
Nov 1, 2007

Ware Smash!
I need 3 of the following 6 receivers, I have no true #1 and need one for flex, standard non ppr

Michael Crabtree
Kelvin Benjamin
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen
Greg Jennings
Kendall Wright

Kouerson
Mar 5, 2008

If you die in Canada, you die in real life.
Return TDs count, non PPR otherwise standard scoring.

Hyde v PHI or Hester @ MIN in the FLEX?

Kouerson fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Sep 24, 2014

Sleazy P
Aug 31, 2006
Giving aids back to the monkeys.

Mana Dragon posted:

I need 3 of the following 6 receivers, I have no true #1 and need one for flex, standard non ppr

Michael Crabtree
Kelvin Benjamin
Sammy Watkins
Keenan Allen
Greg Jennings
Kendall Wright

Crabtree, Benjamin and Allen.

Pick one WR

Garcon vs NYG
Crabtree vs PHI
Benjamin @ BAL

and one QB

Cousins vs NYG
Kaepernick vs PHI

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

Standard non PPR ESPN league, Flex spot

Keenan Allan vs JAX
Knile Davis vs NE

I have Davis in at the moment because it being non PPR, it takes away any additional benefit Allan would have... but playing against Jax is reaaaallllly tempting.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
.5PPR ESPN League

Need 2 RBs:
DeMarco Murray v NO
Doug Martin @ PIT

Arian Foster v BUF
Joique Bell @ NYJ
Bobby Rainey @ PIT

2WRs:
Keenan Allen v JAX
Kendall Wright @ IND

DeSean Jackson v NYG
Torrey Smith v CAR

And pick a FLEX from the above. Current starters in bold.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Need some TE advice.

I have Antonio Gates. On the FA list right now is L. Green, Kelce, D. Allen. I shouldn't look to snag one of these guys and just roll with Gates right? I like Kelce, but not sure I have the bench space (could drop Jordan Matthews or Gates).

I love Gates matchup, but I am still uncertain about his production this year. I've heard rumblings of this being a chance to showcase Green against an awful defense.

Zero_Grade
Mar 18, 2004

Darktider 🖤🌊

~Neck Angels~

One year I went 6-6, barely squeaked into the playoffs, and ended up winning the championship. :laugh: My friends were particularly salty, especially as I lorded it over them for the next year.

On topic, I think I'm picking up the MIA defense this week, but CHI (vs GB) is intriguing. Probably not worth the chance that the Packers remember how to play though.
There's also WAS (vs NYG) for tonight as a possibility...

Loki2099
Oct 26, 2005
can I be cool too please?
Pick 1 PPR 1.

Boldin vs Phi
Ertz @ SF

Both had a bad week last week, leaning Boldin slightly because Kaepernick throws to fewer targets.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Pick a QB, 6 pt passing TD. Bonus point given for 300 yards.

Cousins @ NYG
Foles vs. SF

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
Right now I'm flexing Moreno @ OAK but I'm worried about Miller eating into his carries. Anyone from my bench I should consider flexing over him? 0.5 PPR

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Sep 24, 2014

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Right now I'm flexing Moreno @ OAK but I'm worried about Miller eating into his carries. Anyone from my bench I should consider flexing over him? 0.5 PPR
Uhhhh...isn't Knowshon out for another month or so? Probably not a good idea to flex him.

EDIT: Ha. Saw the rest of the picture. Get to that waiver wire, son.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

Why can't I be playing people like you this week?

• Locked thread