Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Fifa demo had the same issue, not that its a contest or anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

bored before I even began
A reinstall did nothing.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

I logged into my UK PSN account for fun and the stuttering problem simply isn't happening for me on the U.S. digital version.

As soon as I logged back into my US account is started right back up again.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

shoplifter posted:

I logged into my UK PSN account for fun and the stuttering problem simply isn't happening for me on the U.S. digital version.

As soon as I logged back into my US account is started right back up again.

Someone else experienced this exact same thing at another forum I was looking at (Neogaf), so you're not alone (unless you posted about this there too). I'm sure it's a Konami thing. Hopefully things get straightened out soon.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

Yeah, that was me. Either way it seems like there's something in the code that only "likes" one specific PSN region or something.

shoplifter fucked around with this message at 06:18 on Nov 14, 2014

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Man, Team Spirit is just ridiculously important in MyClub. I perform so much better using all 65-rated players and 80 TS than I do shoving all my 75+ rated guys onto a squad with ~70 TS.

So yeah, try to hire managers that are good tactical fits for your best players or they'll basically be useless. Neuer is sitting on the bench for my A-squad right now because replacing my 63 OVR GK with him would drop my TS from 81 to 77.

Mechafunkzilla fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 14, 2014

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

Got a refund from Sony due to the stuttering. I'll buy it again when they finally fix it.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.
Uhh...

I think something's not quite right with the simulation in my Become a Legend game, or The Championship is way more interesting than I ever imagined: http://imgur.com/OWSdKVv

Two rounds in, and I've seen multiple games with over 10 goals scored. Both rounds have seen a match end 8-5.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I just started playing myClub, and I've lost the first three games (0-1, 0-5, 1-6) against other teams in the same division :(

I can't really get the hang of defending in this game. Even if there's one attacker vs two defenders it seems that it's really hard to move one of your players so it can steal the ball. Any kind goons got any advice?

Also, almost always when I shoot the ball it goes to the left or right of the goal. Any advice on how to increase accuracy?

I should add that I haven't played PES in like 8 years, and I wasn't very good at it then either.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug
Oh, cool! A PES thre... god dammit.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Played PC full version on a friends. Absolutely garbage looking even compared with 360 version. Right now is xbone/ps4 or bust. Not even sweetfx can fix it.

Follow That Fish!
Mar 8, 2007
Chaser of the stray sea-life, clad in a trench and a fedora.

Guillermus posted:

Played PC full version on a friends. Absolutely garbage looking even compared with 360 version. Right now is xbone/ps4 or bust. Not even sweetfx can fix it.

It looks like poo poo compared to FIFA on PS4 as well.

There's a multitude of problems, which is not surprising at all. Still, the actual football feels leaps and bounds better than FIFA.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

As much as I play both every year, patch to hell the poo poo pc ports. Pes2015 pc is just slightly better than 2014. A matter of taste but this year I'm skipping it unless I get a next gen console because PC version gameplay is not the same as consoles (and the fox engine version) and is still crap in my opinion.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Guillermus posted:

PC version gameplay is not the same as consoles (and the fox engine version).

Is that a fact? I have it on PC, but did notice that console gameplay generally seemed smoother and more refined. Really disappointed that Konami released yet another bad port. It wouldn't even be so bad if I could get a myClub game going without any input lag.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

zwdzk posted:

Is that a fact? I have it on PC, but did notice that console gameplay generally seemed smoother and more refined. Really disappointed that Konami released yet another bad port. It wouldn't even be so bad if I could get a myClub game going without any input lag.

From what I've read, pc port is an hybrid of old engines trying to do newer stuff. That's why it looks worse than previous games wich ran on the same engines as consoles. One of the reasons community patches like PESedit gave up. It's a shame because I always loved modding it since PES 3.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Didn't Konami specifically want PES15 to run on every pc ever? So they released a weird poo poo version for pc for everyone to hate, and didn't release a demo for it

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I am SO PLEASED Konami spent all that time honing the AI behaviour for this year's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fDWr2mUgI&sns=em

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Pork Pie Hat posted:

I am SO PLEASED Konami spent all that time honing the AI behaviour for this year's game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fDWr2mUgI&sns=em

Haha! Goalie is playing the wrong football!

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I feel so dumb asking this, but Google is sending me to all the wrong places.
I'm just doing a bit of editing, and I'm not familiar enough with the English leagues to know what the different cups are. There are four competition I can edit. I know one is Barclays, and one if the FA Cup, but what are the other two called? The 2nd Division one and the Super Cup one?

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011

barren_sky posted:

I feel so dumb asking this, but Google is sending me to all the wrong places.
I'm just doing a bit of editing, and I'm not familiar enough with the English leagues to know what the different cups are. There are four competition I can edit. I know one is Barclays, and one if the FA Cup, but what are the other two called? The 2nd Division one and the Super Cup one?

The first league is the Barclays Premier League as you already know. The first cup is the FA Cup, the 2nd Division is the SkyBet Championship. As for the Super Cup I think that's the Charity/Community Shield.

There are two main cup competitions outside of the leagues in England, the FA Cup and the League Cup, but as they're so similar I doubt Konami has put both of them in. The Community Shield would be the next obvious choice. A simple way to tell is to see how many rounds the Super Cup has. If it has only one round, with two teams, then its the Community Shield.

Pork Pie Hat
Apr 27, 2011
I don't know if shoplifter is still watching this thread, but the latest patch seems to have put an end to the stuttering problem on my copy of PES. Konami look like they've fixed it.

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

Yep, I saw that. I ended up buying a copy on black friday so I'm back in the game.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Two games into master league - this game is so good I love how cheesy and Japanese it is

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I'm into Be A Legend mode and am thoroughly enjoying it. Does anyone know if there's a 'call for a pass' button? I find i'm often in good position but am overlooked for passes. Maybe I can 'suggest' I be passed to somehow?

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

On PS3 it's R2 x2

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I spent an hour on Sunday changing the appearance of my manager who you never actually see and moving his nose up and down Pes ftw

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
How do I change the names of the teams to the real thing using the internet?

shoplifter
May 23, 2001

If you're on PS4/Xbone - here's a list - have at it.

http://www.pes-patch.com/2014/10/pes-2015-real-team-list.html

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
Thanks - so how do I install the patch?

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Breath Ray posted:

Thanks - so how do I install the patch?

The new generation consoles haven't allowed developers to add things like sharable patches or updates, (probably to prevent potential backdoor piracy methods), so there is no patch. You have to do it all yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
What the gently caress

• Locked thread