Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
let's protest something by collectively getting type 2 diabetes.

I submit this challenge to you: from now until January 1st, do everything in your power to contract the life threatening disease known as type 2 diabetes.

Here's some tips that will helpful on your journey :

-be a fat piece of poo poo (most of us have this down, but those who don't feel free to seek a mentor here in the thread)
-become a candied-rear end jabroni (again, most of us are already here)
-walk blind folded into a swamp (added benefit of being able to add the "swamppunk" hashtag to tumblr and Facebook posts)
-use future tech to go back in the past and have your father cucked by a fat black man
-hire a thug to deliver a series of devastating blows to your midsection, in the hopes of obliterating your pancreas. do not pay hourly or per punch if you have the option.

Good luck and Goonspeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 4, 2010

good thread, 5 stars

Smeego
Sep 9, 2001

japan sucks
this has a better chance than most goon projects. Im injecting corn syrup into my pancreas right now

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

anime tar

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
I've given up on conventional cheese and have instead opted for the understated cheese sauce available at most 7-11s. If you mix it in with whatever your meals are for the day it adds calories without the constipation normally associated with cheese. It's also quite tasty.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ugh

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

ok ill try

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

my diabetes are gonna be so epic it's gonna be a new type

big duck equals goose
Nov 7, 2006

by XyloJW
hahaha, already there, OP! Cool idea, though!

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

big duck equals goose posted:

hahaha, already there, OP! Cool idea, though!

This is the sort of dedication this community is Allah bout.

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax
I'm thinkin that as part of the protest (ideas anyone?) we can all pick a day and simultaneously go into diabetic shock. Our enemy will have no choice but to respond to this.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Done. What do I win?

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
when my shoulder is all healed ill straight always sunny mac bulk to a good 2 hundred lbs using only diabetes causing foods and ground beef

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

ShaqDiesel posted:

Done. What do I win?

Slow down tiger this isn't a competition. If anything it's a team building (pardon my language) "exercise" lol

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Brendan Behan style let's go.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

How often should I check my sugars? May I test other short thin appendages? or only fingats?

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

MY BF LESLIE SAID posted:

Slow down tiger this isn't a competition. If anything it's a team building (pardon my language) "exercise" lol

Well our team is certainly "growing" lmao....that is until they start amputating.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
mah kidneys is shutting down

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

i have type 1 already but if i try hard enough i think i can get type 2

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

Stick Figure Mafia posted:

i have type 1 already but if i try hard enough i think i can get type 2

Goals are important.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
I'll probably overshoot and get type 4-5 diabetes

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
*looks up from bowl of ice cream eaten without a spoon* what are we protesting again?

MY BF LESLIE SAID
Jun 9, 2006

by Lowtax

Choco1980 posted:

*looks up from bowl of ice cream eaten without a spoon* what are we protesting again?

*shits* i'm not sure quite yet. that will come at a later date. first lettuce concentrate on getting type 2 diabetes.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
terrible puns usually dont make me laugh but these day i dont know why

naem
May 29, 2011

I was unaware swamp walking was a diAbetes factor #lifehatcks

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I can't my genetics are too good

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

I'll make the website!

Glasgow Kiss
Dec 12, 2007

Oh, put that thing away, Samurai. We all know what's going to happen. You'll swing your sword, I'll fly away, and probably say something like, "I'll be back, Samurai!" And then I'll flutter over the horizon and we probably won't see each for... about a week. And then we'll do the same thing again.
it runs in my family and i eat like poo poo

i probably might get it too

gently caress i need to eat healthy.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Remember, your insurance company will cover checking your hemoglobin A1c every three months. Monitor your progress and shoot for >14!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Glasgow Kiss posted:

it runs in my family and i eat like poo poo

i probably might get it too

gently caress i need to eat healthy.

you probably should but you can't

because those delicious foods understand you

they don't judge