Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What should we do about the rules of GBS?
This poll is closed.
Add more rules, keep the garbage away 1008 46.73%
Have less rules, things still aren't free enough 389 18.03%
Keep things the same, I like it this way 760 35.23%
Total: 2157 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Tujague posted:

Also, to address the other incredibly, galactically stupid thing you are attempting to say, look real closely at your avatar and tell me if you're literally that guy in real life thanks also do that for all the avatars ok

Nice to know you are a boring whiny unfunny pony fucker irl too.

Edit: Page 6 easily claimed by Jew Mack

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
What we should do is implement a system where a good post rises to the top, let's say it receives an "upvote". Bad posts that aren't funny, or played out jokes, or don't contribute will receive "downvotes" and fall to the bottom. Posts that are particularly good can be stickied to the top of a thread so they will remain there no matter what score they receive.

Tujague
May 8, 2007

by LadyAmbien
Yeah, I guess you got me there good thing you didn't end up sounding like a goddamned mongoloid loving idiot

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

What we should do is implement a system where a good post rises to the top, let's say it receives an "upvote". Bad posts that aren't funny, or played out jokes, or don't contribute will receive "downvotes" and fall to the bottom. Posts that are particularly good can be stickied to the top of a thread so they will remain there no matter what score they receive.

I'm surprised it took until page 6 for this

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Slipknot Hoagie posted:

This but auto-sticky all my posts.

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011

Tujague posted:

Yeah, I guess you got me there good thing you didn't end up sounding like a goddamned mongoloid loving idiot

Are you using the offensive term against disabled people 'mongoloid' ironically?

Nice.

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

only 40% of posters seem to want to return to the bad old days. basically the republicans of sa. please respect the sovereign democratic will of the gbs and do not go back to bad old days because then ill only post in d&d and ignore gbs again, which is boring.

I think it's clear that, like the Scottish Referendum, a plurality for change will help us achieve a better deal under the existing system while retaining the specific benefits

oh; welp

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

put this on the secret probation word of the week list after cuck, fedora, neckbeard, autism, and "hth".

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm okay with how things currently are. If there are more rules on the horizon, I'd rather there aren't that many. We need to crack down on people who cross the line with doxxing and getting really creepy, I think that's probably the highest priority. After that, I dunno. There's no real way to kill off "i'm gay"-style shitposting except letting it die off on its own. Frankly, shitposting doesn't really bother me in GBS. It can be fun! But yeah, we just need to crack down on the e-creepin', and the people getting WAY too devoted to random person from the internet.

I've enjoyed GBS as it is. Even if it can be dumb as poo poo sometimes, I consider that one of the forum's strengths somehow.:shrug:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Well it's like this see:

We have one mod, but he's a bit overworked and its getting to him

and we have this other mod, who only posts in broken-brain chat threads and may/may not be a pedophile

Well goons what are our options

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Bro Dad posted:

Well it's like this see:

We have one mod, but he's a bit overworked and its getting to him

and we have this other mod, who only posts in broken-brain chat threads and may/may not be a pedophile

Well goons what are our options

It was cool when I took a weekend to move apartments and came back to 34 reports in the span of 2 days.

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

Shinjobi posted:

I've enjoyed GBS as it is. Even if it can be dumb as poo poo sometimes, I consider that one of the forum's strengths somehow.:shrug:

Hi five on that :hfive:

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

I just read the thread now and there's some pony guy freaking out. However I would like to add that rotating IKs for GBS is a fun idea.

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Interesting that over 90 people read the poll questions at the top of this thread and gave it consideration and then solemnly clicked "more rules"

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
Then they nodded sagely

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
Please do NOT do anything about the weird pedo mods. As we've learned it's best to pretend its not happening and hope it blows over.

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
I think you should probate and not ban people who post goatse, especially if they do it in a funny way.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Jeffrey posted:

I think you should probate and not ban people who post goatse, especially if they do it in a funny way.

Require GBS posters to spend a full minute staring at Goatse's gaping anus before making a post.

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

Jeffrey posted:

franco used to just edit goatste out. i think it's still usually just a probation now?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

although crew clique threads should all be gassed or moved to e/n

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS

The Belgian posted:

franco used to just edit goatste out. i think it's still usually just a probation now?

Nah it's been a ban more often than not recently. Lord Waffle Beard got a ban and he even had nws in his topic title!

e: though I guess I only notice when it's a ban so if most of them are just editted out I'd have no idea

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

only 40% of posters seem to want to return to the bad old days. basically the republicans of sa. please respect the sovereign democratic will of the gbs and do not go back to bad old days because then ill only post in d&d and ignore gbs again, which is boring.

I think it's clear that, like the Scottish Referendum, a plurality for change will help us achieve a better deal under the existing system while retaining the specific benefits

oh; welp

also this thread is being threadshit ungracefully. I think that we, as upper-class Southern gentry, can achieve threadshitting with a modicum of deportment, can't we?

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Spanish Manlove posted:

It was cool when I took a weekend to move apartments and came back to 34 reports in the span of 2 days.

so you're saying you've now become the spanish player in your av

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Al Nipper posted:

Please do NOT do anything about the weird pedo mods. As we've learned it's best to pretend its not happening and hope it blows over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRdfX7ut8gw

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
less thanks

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't probate catchphrases let the peanut gallery sort them out

Let God sort them out

Matty
Oct 29, 2010
Make being a furry, brony or Sjw probatable.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

make every poster a mod

naem
May 29, 2011

Leave gbs alone and instead make a new NEWSFEED MEGATHREAD AND UNFUNNY RULES BONAZA FORUM where no humor is allowed and mods viciously enforce arcane rules to stamp out fun

gnarlyhotep
Sep 30, 2008

by Lowtax
Oven Wrangler

naem posted:

Leave gbs alone and instead make a new NEWSFEED MEGATHREAD AND UNFUNNY RULES BONAZA FORUM where no humor is allowed and mods viciously enforce arcane rules to stamp out fun

not a bad idea

those who want rules can have them, and we can have our shitposting paradise

its win/win

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

naem posted:

d&d?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Just have a new set of random rules each month. One month it's like old GBS, next like new GBS, then the next you have to post an animal picture with each post you make or something.

big black turnout
Jan 13, 2009

Fallen Rib

naem posted:

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
If you want it to be crazy and chaotic, keep it how it is.

If you want to make it a utopia of posting which is the envy of all other houses of internet discourse, draft some rules and appoint some mods to enforce them.

I'm fine either way.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
The people upset about the word cuck like its something gbs made up are way loving weirder than the people who use it, extremely rarely. I'm gay is way more widespread. Maybe there's been like, two threads this week about cucking?? People must be triggering or something. Very problematic. Hrmrmrm.

Elissia
Dec 28, 2012

President Ark posted:

also do what they're doing in games and have a Bad Report Shaming thread stickied to make fun of nerds who report every stupid little thing

this please also probate anyone who acts like GBS is a place to have *~SERIOUS OPINIONS~* about stupid internet bullshit.

e: ban anime

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer
just to throw another opinion on the ol' proverbial pile here but it just occured to me that maybe more rules [i]would[/i be better, because it mean all the old sad sack serious posters came back and they are really fun to mess with. just sayin

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
There needs to be an *updated* moderator contact list pinned to all the forums, or like some way to send a single message to the moderator forum, because right now it's really difficult to straighten things out if you're not able to post.

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

triggering...problematic

Yeah add these to the weekly secret probate word list too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Lowtax
Nov 9, 2008

"I'm willing to pay up to $1200 for a big anime titty"

The crews should fight it out. The mods should fight it out. Every one of GBS's problems can be solved by having more people fight it out.

• Locked thread