Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
From what I read in the FAQs of a random travel insurance company, it sounds like you can purchase insurance up until the day before you leave.

Would travel insurance even help you at all in this situation though? It sounds like what you need are refundable tickets/reservations, not insurance. Insurance seems to be more for extra expenses due to an accident, canceled flight, etc, not a "I can't go anymore" backup plan. I could be wrong, but before you spend any money on this, make sure it actually can do what you want it to do. For the hotel, you can probably cancel as long as you do it 48 (or 24, depending on the place) hours before your first night - unless you prepaid, of course. For the rental car, I think it's pretty painless to cancel that since you pay after you return it in most cases, and with booking services like priceline/kayak I've never had to give them my credit card information until I showed up. That leaves the flight, which is probably the most expensive one. Unfortunately I don't think you can change your ticket type after purchase so you may be screwed there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread