Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

advokat posted:

really weird to see Bough making jokes. Even if they're jackass jokes.
I like how infuriated Knotty looked. Would gently caress Bough up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us

advokat posted:

A World Without Cheese. :eek:

In the previous one though, really weird to see Bough making jokes. Even if they're jackass jokes.
Hahaha

(There is no Mrs. Bough)

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

No commentary on Into the Woods? It looks good so far.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that Shelley moves back to Tackleford just after Erin moves to London. Might be some of that hell magic keeping them separated.

Or, more likely, a proper meeting between the Winter sisters is something John Allison is not willing to tackle for now.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Eustace loves being strong.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

ZearothK posted:

I wonder if it is just a coincidence that Shelley moves back to Tackleford just after Erin moves to London. Might be some of that hell magic keeping them separated.

Or, more likely, a proper meeting between the Winter sisters is something John Allison is not willing to tackle for now.

Erin moved to London quite a while ago.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

This has inspired me to reread all the Bad Machinery-era "Bobbins" he's done in one big chunk. Which reminded me how freaking sad the situation with Tims' daughter is. That sort of unresolved childhood catastrophe could mess a kid up for life. There's no way Scout doesn't suspect that the explosion was her fault, which will only make Tim's decision (to accept the blame and leave the family) feel even worse.

Ditocoaf fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Nov 13, 2014

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I note that Tim's actions in that plot arc is a mirror of Ryan's actions in Expecting to Fly. Bad ideas are contagious, it seems....

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Ditocoaf posted:

This has inspired me to reread all the Bad Machinery-era "Bobbins" he's done in one big chunk. Which reminded me how freaking sad the situation with Tims' daughter is. That sort of unresolved childhood catastrophe could mess a kid up for life. There's no way Scout doesn't suspect that the explosion was her fault, which will only make Tim's decision (to accept the blame and leave the family) feel even worse.

Oh, right that's why Tim is now a bearded woodsman.

I was really confused for a second there.

The Libearian
Nov 24, 2007
Return your books or face mauling
Dang, for some reason I was really hoping this bearded man was adult Milford

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

The Libearian posted:

Dang, for some reason I was really hoping this bearded man was adult Milford
Did that guy ever show up after Scary Go Round?

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Jackard posted:

Did that guy ever show up after Scary Go Round?

I think he might've turned up on Allison's sketch blog? He drew adult versions of a couple of the kids there, including a skinny but psychotic looking version of Eustace.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Republican Vampire posted:

I think he might've turned up on Allison's sketch blog? He drew adult versions of a couple of the kids there, including a skinny but psychotic looking version of Eustace.
SO STRONG.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Republican Vampire posted:

Do you have a link?

In other news, Mildred continues to be the best.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
I'm so happy Mildred is in this story. :unsmith:

nonathlon
Jul 9, 2004
And yet, somehow, now it's my fault ...
When Bobbins finished and swung into Scarygoround, I was kinda sad - I liked the Bobbins characters and the two newish leads for SGR didn't seem like much. But he changed and shaped it and I got to like Scarygoround. Then he finished it and moved into Bad Machinery, which I didn't take to ... for a while. And now Bad Machinery is finishing? Whatever is next will be good. Allison works at his craft.

It also strikes me that Bobbins / SGR / BM all have a distinct voice. It's a little like Achewood: there's an idiosyncratic but recognisable way they talk and you get to think "Yup, that's just what X would say".

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Yvonmukluk posted:

Do you have a link?

In other news, Mildred continues to be the best.

The best place to find old stuff like that is Allison's Flickr page, though I think he's largely abandoned it form Tumblr. Here's his first drawing of Eustace set post-Giant Days. He's got a bad case of crazy eye.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Is it just me or does it seem like Mildred is aging too fast? It seems like every time she shows up she's quite a bit older.

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

muscles like this? posted:

Is it just me or does it seem like Mildred is aging too fast? It seems like every time she shows up she's quite a bit older.

It looks like today's comic happened at just the right time. (http://scarygoround.com/?date=20141117)

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Jonesy went into the woods unprepared if he went without this hallowed tome.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Do we, as readers, know who The Smiths are?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Scaramouche posted:

I suspect Witchus witchus, the common English witch. Known to inhabit these woods!

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Scaramouche posted:

They're an English band from the 80s obviously. They were all a family (Morrissey was the dad).

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Will The Boy completely blow it with Erin Winters again? Only time will tell.

Mildred's dad continues to be the greatest.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

This won't be the first time a bear is involved with The Boy's love life.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Only time will tell, but what it will tell is yes, yes he will.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
I really want The Boy to find happiness. Please don't let the high point of his life be in a caravan in Wales.

I also wonder if he's going to undo Erin being erased from her family's memory. Her and Shelley in the same story could be awkward otherwise.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

drat, I'm slow. I just made the connection between the droppings and the devilbear. Seems Jonesy is better-versed in woodshitting than I thought.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm just glad the devilbear did not eat Jones the Elder.

Disproportionation
Feb 20, 2011

Oh god it's the Clone Saga all over again.
BOOM! Studios has announced a six part Giant Days series written by Allison and drawn by Lissa Treiman

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Wow. That is interesting!

http://lissabt.tumblr.com/

I'm excited.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

gently caress I gotta update the Hype Box again

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

Is this a remake of an unreleased thing? Something that was never made? Book or digital?

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

I assume this would be a sequel to Giant Days, the short comic John did over Christmas about Esther's (Goth girl, The Boy's ex-girlfriend) misadventures in university.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Jackard posted:

Is this a remake of an unreleased thing? Something that was never made? Book or digital?

Allison did a series of 3 Giant Days stories for the website a while back (but he's taken it down now-you can get it in dead tree form or from Comixology), this is a sequel to that. I imagine it'll be available in both book and digital.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

God loving dammit, Shelley. Do you think you might possibly see your way clear to not horribly loving poo poo up for three consecutive seconds?

She's been back in Tackleford for all of a day.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Autonomous Monster posted:

God loving dammit, Shelley. Do you think you might possibly see your way clear to not horribly loving poo poo up for three consecutive seconds?

She's been back in Tackleford for all of a day.

I continue to hold that Tim should hook up with Shelley and file to remove custody of Scout from his abusive wife.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Shelley can't look after herself, let alone a child. Tim is pooping in a hole in the woods.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Riley is not a spectacular human being, in fairness. Noooooooooooot certain Shelley'd make a better mother.

Though thinking about it, I can't remember any specific interactions between her and her daughter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I always had a feeling, from reading old Bobbins, that Riley is supposed to be a dead ringer for the Icelandic girl who cheated on Tim at the end of that comic.

• Locked thread