Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Rather see Tim and Shelley together just because they are more interesting to read than the alternative

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Fangz posted:

Shelley can't look after herself, let alone a child. Tim is pooping in a hole in the woods.

Shelley is an extremely successful professional woman. She's arguably more capable of taking care of herself than anybody else in the cast!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Rand Brittain posted:

Shelley is an extremely successful professional woman. She's arguably more capable of taking care of herself than anybody else in the cast!

She died! Multiple times.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Sure, but how many of those were her own fault? Not to mention, she came back just as many times! Can't keep a good woman(troublemaker) down.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!

Keru posted:

Sure, but how many of those were her own fault? Not to mention, she came back just as many times! Can't keep a good woman(troublemaker) down.

http://scarygoround.com/sgr/ar.php?date=20040517

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Where was Tim exiled to all those years ago again? Is it Wales?

Wales is OK.

Edit: Of course it was Wales.

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Dec 13, 2014

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Oh no! Devil Bears are supposed to be afraid of sandwiches.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Oh no! Devil Bears are supposed to be afraid of sandwiches.

No, devil bears are attracted to sandwiches. This is well known, and is why The Boy pretended to be a sandwich to attract their attention.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Especially if it's a bomb-rear end sandwich capable of rivaling Hugo Rodriguez's best.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Taunting with cake is a good way to get eaten by a Devil bear.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Shouldn't Erin have an uncanny rapport with devil bears, on account of being the devil?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Rand Brittain posted:

Shouldn't Erin have an uncanny rapport with devil bears, on account of being the devil?

Apparently the Erin we know in Bobbins is her human half, and her devil half is still down in hell.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Okay, so quick question but who ARE all these people? Could I have like a Dramatis Personae of everyone from the start to finish? Because it seems as if there are a lot of characters and I started reading this very out of order and now I am nigh on terminally confused.

For example, who was the lady that end up burnt alive inside the gigantic wicker vole?

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Josef bugman posted:

For example, who was the lady that end up burnt alive inside the gigantic wicker vole?

Rachel Dukakis-Montaforte originated in Bobbins and was meant to be the main character of Scary Go Round. She hated Shelley and tried to get her killed once; this resulted in her being chased by bikers, having her nose enlarged by the devil Old Nobby (the greatest character actor of his generation), and ultimately burned alive by apocalypse nuns. She had journalistic inclinations.

Her best friend, Tessa Davies, faded out of the plot as the result of Rachel's immolation.

Neither character seemed relevant enough at this point to put in the first post (although I'll certainly put this there because why not).

Leroy Dennui fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Dec 19, 2014

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

IT BEGINS. :allears:

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
The Winters sisters together again. This can only end in shenanigans.

Not much of a stretch, I know. Shenanigans are a defining feature of Allison's comics, after all.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

If you told me that Allison just makes up a couple of the albums on his year-end best of list each year I would probably believe you.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

I am kind of disappointed that we aren't getting rambling in-character reviews of the albums like in past years, I always dug those.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Back in the SGR years I picked up more than a few albums based on Shelley's descriptions. :v:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
This is the first year ever where I recognize a decent amount of the artists. Props to Allison for digging the new Beck.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

This year I'll actually try to listen to some of these artists!

/me listens to #1.

Huh. There's interesting... sound things happening there? But I can't actually understand any of the words in "Gordian Knot."

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Am I weird for not thinking his taste is that esoteric or unusual?

That said, gently caress Bryan Ferry. He's a jumped-up right-wing oval office turned spitting image puppet of himself with stapled-in dimples. Plus his record is poo poo.

I just hope his son is okay so I can go on thinking he's an rear end in a top hat without it being tinged by pity. It'd be awful to lose a family member at this time of year.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Rich is back!! He's going to be eaten by a devilbear isn't he?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I've forgotten who Rich is, I know I should remember.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Dabir posted:

I've forgotten who Rich is, I know I should remember.

One of the main characters in the original Bobbins. He was fired so hard he ceased to exist. Apparently he recovered.

He also showed up in the first retro Bobbins storyline.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Rich. Wow, that takes me back. Wasn't Shelley sweet on him back in the day?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

howe_sam posted:

One of the main characters in the original Bobbins. He was fired so hard he ceased to exist.
Wow, look at that monitor. I had one of those in school.

e: holy poo poo that comic was made in 2002 :eyepop:

Jackard fucked around with this message at 10:14 on Dec 30, 2014

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh, so that's what happened to Rich.

Leospeare
Jun 27, 2003
I lack the ability to think of a creative title.
Today's strip is confusing. Those word bubbles might need another pass.

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
I'm beginning to suspect that for an alleged science reporter Erin has a very devil-may-bearcare attitude towards science.

Ditocoaf
Jun 1, 2011

Leospeare posted:

Today's strip is confusing. Those word bubbles might need another pass.

Haha, yeah. In the second and third panels, those joined-bubbles should be separated and coming from separate characters. Though I really enjoy the nonsense logic of the conversation as-is.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Is that a Fringe Observer in the background of panel two?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Guysguysguys, LOTTIE'S BACK!

But she gave up mysteries. :smith:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Guysguysguys, LOTTIE'S BACK!

But she gave up mysteries. :smith:

But she now does poetry and SPACE INTENSITY, so it evens out.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Waitaminute...Lottie's in her Murder She Writes outfit and they're discussing space! This is all setup for Murder She Writes 2: This Time it's in Space!

So anyway, who's looking forward to the prohesised return of Britpop?

I can't wait till Bovis gets released later this year.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Man, Len's gone grey. I wonder if he still lectures in Sexy Journalism?

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I guess these paranormal things are just going to be breeding out of control now that their natural predators, packs of meddling kids, have quit the scene.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

Wyld Karde posted:

Man, Len's gone grey. I wonder if he still lectures in Sexy Journalism?

He failed upwards. He's the dean of Tackleford U now. Also he married Carrot's mum, I think? They were together a few years back.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Looks like Erin remembered Amy's very important rule.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I find it odd Lottie & Shauna are siding with the man who stole Archie.

• Locked thread