Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Yvonmukluk posted:

I find it odd Lottie & Shauna are siding with the man who stole Archie.

Devilbears make for strange bedfellows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh god. Rich Tweedy: Eco-Warrior.

Looks like you still have a shot with Erin, The Boy!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh god. Rich Tweedy: Eco-Warrior.

Looks like you still have a shot with Erin, The Boy!
Now all Boycey needs is a caravan and he'll be set.

The reveal of Rich Tweedy: Eco-Warrior is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Here's to hoping Eco-Force will show up after this storyline as a SCARY GO ROUND COMICS GROUP feature.

howe_sam posted:

Now all Boycey needs is a caravan and he'll be set.

awwww yeaaah

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
The BoyMan is going to need a lot of land sharks to bail him out of this one!

Eco-Force needs a team-up with Butcher, Baker and Candlestick Maker to fight obscure poaching crimes.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Dammit, Shelley.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
Bah, the last time John Allison killed Shelley it didn't stick. I think Jeff Rowland of WIGU et all knows what's going on.

I just realised I've been reading this stuff since Bobbins the first time around. :aaa: I'm feeling my age.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Wyld Karde posted:

Bah, the last time John Allison killed Shelley it didn't stick. I think Jeff Rowland of WIGU et all knows what's going on.

I just realised I've been reading this stuff since Bobbins the first time around. :aaa: I'm feeling my age.

There was also the time she was shot up by the Hell's Angels and hung out in the afterlife with Ryan's French ex (you know, the one murdered with a terrorist orangutan by the church group of those ladies who run Amy's rival store) until getting bored of it. Damned if I can find the link to that story.

Been here since the Illustrator days of Scary Go Round, feeling old too.

ZearothK fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Jan 28, 2015

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

ZearothK posted:

There was also the time she was shot up by the Hell's Angels and hung out in the afterlife with Ryan's French ex (you know, the one murdered with a terrorist orangutan by the church group of those ladies who run Amy's rival store) until getting bored of it. Damned if I can find the link to that story.

Count My Toes: http://scarygoround.com/sgr/ar.php?date=20040509 It's one of my favorite Illustrator-era storylines.

Republican Vampire
Jun 2, 2007

ZearothK posted:

Been here since the Illustrator days of Scary Go Round, feeling old too.

Was Natalie skull-faced in that one, or did that only happen after Ryan was taken by the satanic nuns?

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
That was satanic nun-era Ryan. His personal horror of being reunited with his special lady only to find she'd become something less than lovely.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I suspect things are going to go very well or spectacularly poorly for Rich.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Today, we have a reference from long ago!

I should check the book and see what that page originally said, because I'm pretty sure it wasn't that.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
I find it eminently plausible that Tim has a perimeter alarm, and that he has a button in his pocket so he can trigger it in the event of awkward 'feelings' moments.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh god, they're bringing back EVERYBODY from Bobbins.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

I love how you can see Tim changing from being rigid with anger to just feeling pity for Holly.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gone, not with a bang but a krak. RIP The Boy.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
M-maybe it'll be a return to some Scary-Go-Round type afterlife adventures with The Late Boy? :ohdear:

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Kind of doubt he's dead, I seem to remember Allison saying he didn't want to kill off any major characters anymore in a blog post or something, so Eustace could very easily be hobbling around on one good leg. Then again, my memory isn't infallible and Allison has been known to do things like bring Des Fishman back after saying he would no longer appear in webcomics...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Holly's reaction to seeing Shelley again was perfect. Poor girl, crawled her way back from the depths of madness,(or whatever it was Allison did to write her out), rebuilt her life as a TV journalist, and then wham! That squeaky ginger is back making things insane again.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

JOHN ALLISON IS A BASTARD.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Eustace no :ohdear:

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
Oh no. :smith:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hey, maybe this means he can meet up with Erin in hell! Happy ending for everyone!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Honestly, I'm betting on him waking up in a hospital bed.

If only because indirectly murdering a dude with really terrible advice would do bad things to Lottie.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Dark Esther saves the Boy with black magick, generating hype for the Giant Days comic coming soon.

Fake Edit: Meeting Hellrin does actually sound reasonable, she showed up in the "Happy Festive Season" and the album chart, and this story did begin by making clear her human half became the Erin we've known these last few years.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

It was actually a tranquilizer gun, but with a tranquilizer dose meant for a bear's bodymass. The Boy becomes permanently superhumanly chill about everything.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

The dark stain spreading across his side tells a different story.

Murderion
Oct 4, 2009

2019. New York is in ruins. The global economy is spiralling. Cyborgs rule over poisoned wastes.

The only time that's left is
FUN TIME
I'm gonna bet Tim's been harnessing geothermal energy, and it's been coming from the hellhole Erin climbed out of.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

Dabir posted:

The dark stain spreading across his side tells a different story.

Notice that in the title in the first panel it starts blood red and fades to the same shade of gray as the stain

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
Rich is such an rear end in a top hat.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

HellOnEarth posted:

Rich is such an rear end in a top hat.

No...he's the hero we deser-WHONK.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Thank you for reminding me this comic exists thread.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Thank you for reminding me this comic exists thread.

You're very welcome.

Also I guess Lottie's advice worked out! And it only took a gunshot wound to accomplish it.

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

That's probably the most romantic thing I've ever read in a webcomic.

Wyld Karde
Mar 18, 2013

She's so ~dreamy~
So now Shelly and Holly are going to go running out into the woods to possibly run across Erin and Eustace. Tim may or may not be following. I wonder if Allison is pining for the old Scary-Go-Round crew and is working to get them back together, or if he's just rounding them up into a single spot so he can kill them all off in one go and be done with it?

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Is that Natalie?

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Man, this is way darker and violent that most of Allison's recent work. Is he ok? :ohdear:

Wonderslug
Apr 3, 2011

You don't say.
Fallen Rib
Remember Bad Machinery was specifically intended to be all-ages-friendly.

Then remember the time Natalie got murdered by elderly arsonists, or the time Ryan's comatose body was tipped into a dumpster by a shady doctor and salvaged by devil-nuns, or the time Erin got engaged to the devil and was literally dragged into hell and erased from living memory.

It's more a return to form than anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Bell_ posted:

Is that Natalie?

Doesn't Natalie wear a sexy shroud?

• Locked thread