Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
With all of the poo poo Castle and Beckett have gone through, I'm surprised neither of them have PTSD out something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
The characters in this show are very resilient. Everyone should have been in therapy multiple times over the years. Luckily next week we have CANADIANS IN SPAAAAAACCCCEEE to restore equilibrium.

That was quite a ride. I found myself yelling, "Gah! gently caress!" at every commercial break.

The Beckett TV interview they got her voice from was a nice bit of heartbreak sneaked in there (with this and other references to Castle's abduction, my guess is we'll be seeing some of that come up again soon). Fillion completely rocked the house, from going ballistic on Tyson to his reaction to thinking Beckett was dead.

I'm a bit surprised that both Tyson and Nieman are dead. Great way to wrap up the arc, though. Nice fake-out with us (and Tyson) thinking that Castle was stupidly going rogue solo yet again, when he had Espo and Ryan as backup. It was all a team effort and that was great. Also kudos to having Beckett essentially save herself.

That image of the skinned face was loving creepy.

Liked how they got Castle back to the 12th. I'm assuming he'll keep his PI license and they can use his skills there when convenient.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
My lingering question is, what happened to the girl in the trunk?

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!

Flagrant Abuse posted:

It's fine, there's so much room in the Buick™ that she could live in there!

In reality Ryan probably got her once he arrived.

I wonder what her deal was - another girl that 3XK convinced to the cause, I guess.

Great episode, all around. And the preview for next week was the perfect chaser.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Did they ever actually explain how Tyson got his fingerprints/DNA to match with Boudreau or whatever his name was? I know the NYPD lost all their evidence on Tyson, but I remember that there was some test they did on him in part 1 that he somehow fooled, and I'm not sure if they ever explained how.

Hijinks Ensue posted:

The characters in this show are very resilient. Everyone should have been in therapy multiple times over the years.
Whatever happened to Beckett's therapist? Wasn't she visiting someone for awhile after she got shot?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Did they ever actually explain how Tyson got his fingerprints/DNA to match with Boudreau or whatever his name was? I know the NYPD lost all their evidence on Tyson, but I remember that there was some test they did on him in part 1 that he somehow fooled, and I'm not sure if they ever explained how.

Whatever happened to Beckett's therapist? Wasn't she visiting someone for awhile after she got shot?

Records were likely altered so that his info matched with Boudreau's rather than the other way around.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

the fingerprints were probably grafted on from boudreau's corpse. As for the DNA test, the baby tooth was probably planted by Tyson at some point, meaning his DNA wouldn't match.

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Great episode. One of the things I really enjoyed was that when Castle was saying "we'll never find him like this" I was thinking that was sloppy, having the character talk out loud just so the viewer can hear - show, don't tell and all that.

So when the camera panned round to show Espo and Ryan that was great.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I actually watched it again shortly after the first watch, which I don't normally do. Lots of little details leaped out at me. Tyson/Nieman put Beckett's wedding ring on the FakeBeckett's hand just to make Castle's pain last that much longer. Also, there was a freaking huge pool of blood under Nieman at the end so we can forget about her ever coming back (which is kind of a shame, as she and Tyson were great villains, being evil versions of C and B).

I loved how coldly Castle basically orchestrated Tyson's murder, and all within legal means, too as he was being held at gunpoint. I've always liked it when Castle stops being Mr. Awesome Huggy Bear and lets his inner bad-rear end out to play. It doesn't happen often (which is good) but when it does… :black101:

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
I'm hoping next episode is a return to goofy Castle. With Senator Hitler arrested and the serial killer/creepy girlfriend dead, is the only unresolved plot the entirely uninteresting "Where was I"?

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug
Great episode. I was hoping he had added PI to his bulletproof vest.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007
I like the "where was Castle?" storyline, mostly because I have no idea where they're going with it. I rewatched the Driven and Montreal episodes the other night (the spouse is finally catching up on the season) and I find all the odd little questions (dinghy? dengue fever?) interesting. Bracken has always been the least interesting of the big arcs for me.

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Flagrant Abuse posted:

If you look carefully when they get back to the precinct, you can see her in the elevator, being brought in for booking.

TheAngryDrunk
Jan 31, 2003

"I don't know why I know that; I took four years of Spanish."
I'm glad this storyline ended here. About half way through the episode, I was dreading that they would somehow find a way to escape. It had a good run. I guess next up is the "missing Castle" plot.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010
Yeah, thank god 3XK is over. I rolled my eyes pretty hard last time when he fell into the river and they "never found the body".

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug
How was that sniper shot legal? Castle wasn't in immediate danger, as far as I could see. A gun was present, but not pointed directly at him, and they were talking to each other. It was reasonable to assume that as long as Becket was alive on the monitor, Castle wouldn't be killed, since they wanted him to watch her die.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Pretty sure you are allowed to shoot a known crazy person with a gun and a hostage whenever, you don't have to wait for him to point the gun at someone.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

bamhand posted:

Pretty sure you are allowed to shoot a known crazy person with a gun and a hostage whenever, you don't have to wait for him to point the gun at someone.

Especially in view of the fact that the police were listening in to Tyson admitting his was 3XK.

Also, 1000 community service hours? With Caskett's schedule, that's like 3 months. Should have done 10,000

:colbert:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm still struggling to understand how Dr. Evil was going to perform the surgery on Beckett and herself, herself. There was a doctor (Russian, of course) in Antarctica who removed his own appendix but this is on a whole other level.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
She could have taken the race and run off with it in a cooler until she got another doctor I guess. It did seem kind of silly though.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Well she does it to Beckett first and uses evil 3XK mind control to convince her that she actually is Dr. Whats-her-face. So then the artist formerly known as Beckett will perform the surgery. Duuuuhhh!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Castle:2001 isn't very surprising ABC. :colbert:

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
A not-quite-AI called Mira, huh? Does that make this the first show to reference Mass Effect?

Also, if someone dug a tunnel into the simulation, wouldn't that have compromised the atmosphere, both in the simulation and in the tunnel? And didn't the people outside have a way to monitor it for any potential leaks? I'd call that a leak.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
So these guys decided to murder a guy so they could be certain to spen the rest of their lives around a bunch of murderers. I really don't think that's a healthy team building excercise...

Hijinks Ensue
Jul 24, 2007

Air is lava! posted:

I really don't think that's a healthy team building excercise...

I'll take it over enforced karaoke or company potlucks.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Hijinks Ensue posted:

If you look carefully when they get back to the precinct, you can see her in the elevator, being brought in for booking.

What a dope. The trunk had a bright yellow interior release handle. She could have gotten out and ran away like three seconds after Castle left.

njbeachbum
Apr 14, 2005

Did they really use the ST:TNG "Level 1 diagnostic" trope? I love it.

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What is this Secrets and Lies show that's on in place of Castle??? I swear, their two or three episodes then x week(s) hiatus is frustrating

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Tide posted:

What is this Secrets and Lies show that's on in place of Castle??? I swear, their two or three episodes then x week(s) hiatus is frustrating

It's not just Castle. Most shows are off until the middle of March.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

GreenNight posted:

It's not just Castle. Most shows are off until the middle of March.

Welcome to the setup hiatus for Sweeps Week! Flash and Arrow are on break now too and its terrible.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

Xelkelvos posted:

Welcome to the setup hiatus for Sweeps Week! Flash and Arrow are on break now too and its terrible.

I've just now started episode 1 of Arrow. Is it pretty good? I'm a big comic book fan, and I do enjoy some of Green Arrow's stories.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

10 Beers posted:

I've just now started episode 1 of Arrow. Is it pretty good? I'm a big comic book fan, and I do enjoy some of Green Arrow's stories.

Yes it is.

The Red Queen
Jan 20, 2007

You tricked me!

You said dis place was fun, but it ain't!
Finally caught up on the Mars episode. Did anyone else think the "internet billionaire" looked like he could be Paul Rudd's stunt double?

one sexy loser
Dec 10, 2007

Yup, when he first popped up I had to check the IMDB to see if it was actually him.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
The lady who talked to them early in the episode was the one who was smuggled in, right? So who was the person who came down to the police station at the end? That was a different person, wasn't it? I was only half paying attention so I get why I'm confused.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Andorra posted:

The lady who talked to them early in the episode was the one who was smuggled in, right? So who was the person who came down to the police station at the end? That was a different person, wasn't it? I was only half paying attention so I get why I'm confused.

Also you're bad at telling Chinese people apart. The person who came in at the end wasn't seen in the episode previously I think. Or if they were, it would've been the person at the front of house in the restaurant at the beginning.

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Also you're bad at telling Chinese people apart. The person who came in at the end wasn't seen in the episode previously I think. Or if they were, it would've been the person at the front of house in the restaurant at the beginning.

Yeah, she was the one who initially greeted them at the Jade Temple before the owner spoke to them. She was played by Susan Park from Fargo.

edit: Mixed up my Parks.

BreakAtmo fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Mar 18, 2015

OptimusWang
Jul 9, 2007

So are they ever going to address his disappearance/amnesia or did the writers realize they did such a piss-poor job of retconning last season's finale that they dumped it entirely?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

OptimusWang posted:

So are they ever going to address his disappearance/amnesia or did the writers realize they did such a piss-poor job of retconning last season's finale that they dumped it entirely?

Nope! They're just going to let it go and pretend it never happened.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I hope that storyline is just forgotten. It'd get in the way of the CSI: Nathan Fillion dynamic.

• Locked thread