Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Greyhawk
May 30, 2001

pfft, apple is just trying to imitate the GNex

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
i only date android girls

sports
Sep 1, 2012
why is this such a huge deal? in college literally everyone except me has a broken phone screen and/or back glass.

sports
Sep 1, 2012
if you have a bony rear end capable of issuing like 80psi of pressure at a select point of the device you got problems. How can someone weigh more than like 130 lbs and have no rear end to speak of?

also getting the plus is just a bad idea since it's like carrying a gameboy around or something. it looks dorky when anything larger than, uh, the iPhone 4s is held to someone's face

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

CISADMIN PRIVILEGE posted:

stop ogling young women's butts

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
xposting in relevant thrad

https://sniep.net/bentgate.mov

denver ch9 local news on #bentgate #bendghazi

got to love adele :swoon:

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
my 5 (regular not S) has a small crack on the front screen running from the ear-hole to the edge, you can only notice it in the right light but it's resale value is $0.00 and it would cost $150+ to replace the screen, even myself since the part is like $140 + tools and repair shops do it for $150.

not sure what to do. i know if i put it in the recycle your phone here bin they just slap a $299 price tag on it and sell it as used.

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
Lol you fucktards!!!!! What buHh bUhNbUh how could a paper thin piece if aluminum with holes where the buttons go bend in a front pocket BuhnUhHhh. gently caress your fedora, dumbass

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

rotor posted:

who the gently caress are you, the Pope?

by the power invested in me by Anita Sarkeesian I place you under internet arrest for Male Gaze with intent to Objectify

salt shakeup
Jun 27, 2004

'orrible fucking nights
Well your mistake was buying the wrong phone and putting it in the wrong pants. Then you sat down in the wrong way on your rear end which is all loving wrong too.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
iphail ^_^

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
imagine if u bought this phone. lmfao. you would be the stupidist fucker ever

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Smythe posted:

imagine if u bought this phone. lmfao. you would be the stupidist fucker ever

haha super agreed brother

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

dont worry when the nexus 6 comes out in a few weeks you don't have to wait in line you can order it online

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

maniacdevnull posted:

haha super agreed brother

Android Supremacy FTW

z0rlandi viSSer
Nov 5, 2013

nigga crab pollock posted:

lol sapphire screen my butt

*puts a sapphire screen on your butt*

N.Z.'s Champion
Jun 8, 2003

Yam Slacker

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

hope samsung paid someone for that

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I launched my lumia 920 off the back of my car and into a ditch last year and its doin pretty good! thats my story thanks

Postmaster GBS
Jan 14, 2013

lmao

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
it's a memory phone

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Some BBC article posted:

But Chris Green, principal technology analyst at the advisory service Davies Murphy Group, thought that Apple should take a different tack.

"This is not an issue that Apple - or other phone companies - need to be compelled to respond to or fix. If anything this is a reflection of how people have started to use devices beyond what they were designed for," he said.
"Even the most recent smartphones are not designed to be put in trouser pockets - front or back - where they are going to be under the most chassis strain.

these pocket-sized devices are not designed for pockets, so stop using them in ways they're not supposed to be used duh

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

in your pocket? pshh just let your valet hold your phone

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

suffix posted:

it's a memory phone

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

so how many stories are there of this exactly? like 3? about the same as iPhone 5?

this isn't really a thing outside yospos right

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

:D
Grimey Drawer
it's on quite a few local news though

so lol apple

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

PleasureKevin posted:

so how many stories are there of this exactly? like 3? about the same as iPhone 5?

this isn't really a thing outside yospos right

It's been on CNBC, CNN, the BBC from what i've seen so far. I'm guessing all the mainstream news.

med school head
Apr 17, 2012

Smythe posted:

some p pathetic apologists itt lmfao

seriously. the phone bends, its a piece of poo poo and this generation of iphone is a total failure

The Mad Archivist posted:

what kind of a dumbass even uses their back pocket

save some stupid fuckass reason that front pockets are for "autists" or something

please be joking

Berkshire Hunts posted:

one of my co-workers also bought a timbortion wobblephone so I stuffed him in a locker and cucked his dad

lol

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Berkshire Hunts posted:

one of my co-workers also bought a timbortion wobblephone so I stuffed him in a locker and cucked his dad

lmfao

mods, do the needful and rename this thread: timbortion wobblephone

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I don't even own an iphone but idgi how the gently caress are people this clumsy

EMILY BLUNTS
Jan 1, 2005

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer

but is it tim approved???

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
here's one that's tim approved

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

DaNzA posted:

here's one that's tim approved

iPhone groß

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

Smythe posted:

some p pathetic apologists itt lmfao

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

The 6 is a much nicer and more usable phone when naked so there will probably be a lot of bent phones.

Kiwi Ghost Chips
Feb 19, 2011

Start using the best desktop environment now!
Choose KDE!

all phones are better naked. if you need one either your phone or your hands are defective

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Blackula69 posted:

jokes aside between this and 8.0.1 and the lovely stream and no 5S upgrade and icloud hacks that the company knew about in advance, this has been an embarrassingly lovely month for apple and Steve would have killed an entire division for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaNzA
Sep 11, 2001

Grimey Drawer
steve aint here man, tim and jony's all we've got

• Locked thread