Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
funky not a junkie
Aug 5, 2011
im drinking st ides

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
ive been to that brewery a fe wtimes and i dont even like their beer so much. its a cool place though, as is the town, and their liquors are pretty sweet

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

ha ha ha jokes on you i will drink old crow until my premature death

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

postin in the weekly GBS craft beer thread

Prodigal T-REX posted:

american 'craft' beer names are insanely poorly chosen
Midas Touch gets its name because it's a beer based off of sediment found in an ancient greek urn. this has been your beer education moment

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Y-Hat posted:

postin in the weekly GBS craft beer thread

Midas Touch gets its name because it's a beer based off of sediment found in an ancient greek urn. this has been your beer education moment

words fail me

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
honestly all of their reconstructed beers are loving terrible, do not buy or drink that sludge

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

nomadologique posted:

honestly all of their reconstructed beers are loving terrible, do not buy or drink that sludge
here's your guide to whether you should buy a Dogfish Head beer:

-is it in a 12 oz. bottle? buy it
-is it in a bomber? don't buy it

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
nah way, hellhound is yum; but for the most part that's not a bad rule of thumb

their loving black and blue/black and red are horrible, holy hell (esp black and red, literally one of the worst beers i've ever had) -- but i respect them for trying lots of different things anyway, and being willing to fail

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

their birra etrusca is truly awful. it's one of those "historic beer recreations" like midas touch

i do admire sam calagione's ability to throw poo poo at a wall and see what works. they could just make stuff like Indian Brown Ale (ugh soooooo good) all the time but that'd be boring

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

BLARGHLE posted:

The market is at a super saturation point, so it stands to reason that the names would get super retarded.

Although Dogfish Head Midas Touch was one of the earlier entries, so I guess they don't have that as an excuse.

Haven't read the rest of the thread, want to comment, lol gbs.

Cool yo, then the good ones will stick around and the chaff will be forgotten.

Although I still believe we have a ways to go before we hit that supersaturation point.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there are more wineries in the U.S. than there are breweries. we're not even close to the saturation point

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Their Wasabi based beer (forgot the name) is absolutely delicious, and Bitches' Brew is phenomenal and my absolute favorite beer, Namaste is generally also a pretty solid summer beer and the 60 Minute batches are so far the only real consistently decent IPA from year to year (besides Stone).
The weird anti-craft beer people are kind of retarded, but so are the people who pretend to be wise beer snobs but then only ever drink IPAs and other assorted ales and swear off anything that offends their delicate bitch taste buds.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

there ain't nothin wrong with drinking the cheap poo poo

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
not reading this stupid thread but yeah Midas Touch is the best beer and if anyone is saying otherwise they're just goons doing what they do best.

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽

walking around posted:

I drank all my craft beer and had to steel some of my underage brother's domestics to be able to read GBS all night :coolfish:

Why is it called domestic when every macro beer company is owned by an overseas company? Hell even pbr got sold to a company in Russia this month.

I only drink American beer, that's why I drink craft!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

http://www.somethingawful.com/awful-links/brewerianimelogs-anime-beer/

anime and craft beer, together at long last

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

don't tell me about whiskey lies im drinking this alone tonight

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Kelfeftaf posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na9bY9gmhw4

But I guess shots of Evan Williams instead of beer.

Fear owns and Evan Williams is solid

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM
I love beer. All beer.

Right now. I'm gonna drink a lovely miller high life. Thanks beer bros. Chug the love.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
I brewed a Midas touch clone. It's ok not great I'm hoping it gets better after aging 6+ months.

The ingredients include safron, honey, and un fermented muscat wine concentrate

• Locked thread