Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame
Is this a bad idea?

please confirm/deny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP
game of thrones loving SUX DICK

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

it's not a bad show and chances are you will like it but if you don't it's no big deal :)

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
All hail Roose Bolton, Lord of the Dreadfort, Warden of the North.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy
Your friends like incest.

naem
May 29, 2011

It's actually pretty good I resisted for a while

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
Spoilers King Ebola dies from electrocution at the end of season 3

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

It has a lot of sex and violence, so yes it's good

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

i can relate to the fat guy who likes book and bones incest mutants

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

everyone dies

lots of incest

lots of cucking

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It's decent

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
never seen it doesnt seem appealing but people go on about it all the time so im assuming its got an engaging story

I thought it was just HBO softcore when it first came out but apparently thats what it is plus a story. basically, end times

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

It's worth watching purely for Charles Dance and Peter Dinklage

Kaerboros
Mar 6, 2008

Yippy ki yay, motherfuckers.
Your friends have terrible taste, honestly, and they likely only know of Game of Thrones because of the disgusting, exploitative Showtime series. All Game of Thrones is is a gritty, edgy knock-off of writers like JRR Tolkien, JK Rowling, China Mieville and any number of other contemporary fantasy writers. George Martin wouldn't know creativity if it bit him on his nose. ;)

You should try the Percy Jackson series, or perhaps the Artemis Fowl series by Eoin Colfer if you want to enjoy REAL fantasy.

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere
It has dragons and lemon cakes, OP.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Just watch the South Park "Song of Fire and Asses" arc and you'll get everything you need to know about Game of Thrones.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you should watch it. Anything else?

epic Kingdom Hearts LP
Feb 17, 2006

What a shame

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah, you should watch it. Anything else?

Tell me what you did today

Aug 4, 2010

there are some sexy women in it and you get to see breasts and even sometimes vaginas, you should watch

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Maybe

naem
May 29, 2011

Really really high production values so the sets and stuff are super good, and actual famous people in it, and it's a character actor/actress bonanza, all those people with distinctive faces who say one or two great lines in every movie show up. Usually they are naked and or stabbing

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i was in this same situation for a while and finally watched it and it's really good. the books loving suck though imo

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Game of Thrones is a show for bitter and cynical people who want their entertainment to reflect how lovely they think the world is and then revel in it because they've given up all hope of the real world getting better

Costello Jello
Oct 24, 2003

It had to start somewhere

Yaldabaoth posted:

Game of Thrones is a show for bitter and cynical people who want their entertainment to reflect how lovely they think the world is and then revel in it because they've given up all hope of the real world getting better

No people watch Game of Thrones for fantasy escape, because they think if they lived in that world they'd be Jon Snow. Kind of the same principle behind how poor people vote to decrease taxes on the rich. "That'll be me someday, because I'm special!"

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
game of throne is good, it has led to the almost legalization and social acceptance of incest imo

FrostedButts
Dec 30, 2011
It's the fantasy version of Deadwood.

Various characters mill about kingdoms betraying each other, killing each other and sleeping with one another.

Sounds high brow until the dialogue ends up being spurts of sex and fart jokes.

Had an episode on last night where a female prisoner spends 10 minutes talking about how her captor is a virgin and should sleep with him like it's a trashy soap opera.

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

shakespeare was all sex and fart jokes tbh

Tonsured
Jan 14, 2005

I came across mention of a Gnostic codex called The Unreal God and the Aspects of His Nonexistent Universe, an idea which reduced me to helpless laughter. What kind of person would write about something that he knows doesn't exist, and how can something that doesn't exist have aspects?
Entertainment is stupid and pointless and don't even think of watching it with your friends and having any sort of bonding community experience.

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

Cacodad posted:

Is this a bad idea?

please confirm/deny

theres naked people in it

naem
May 29, 2011

I like movies and tv because I don't really like sports, it's an ok basis for conversations with other people for example

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

dany shits in a creek at the end of book 5 but it isnt that exciting, only like 2 sentences and no poo poo loving or anythign

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001
didn't watch it for a long time because I'd made the mistake of trying to read one of the books once. they're pretty lovely books but fortunately the show is about 100000x better

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

game of thrones is George rr martins personal jerkoff material

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

turns out everyone is wrong op and you know better

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
GOT Is really good and i dont get why any bitter selfloathing goons hate a normal good show that has mass appeal because its good yet deemed 'nerdy'.

Sakarja
Oct 19, 2003

"Our masters have not heard the people's voice for generations and it is much, much louder than they care to remember."

Capitalism is the problem. Anarchism is the answer. Join an anarchist union today!

FrostedButts posted:

It's the fantasy version of Deadwood.

Various characters mill about kingdoms betraying each other, killing each other and sleeping with one another.

Sounds high brow until the dialogue ends up being spurts of sex and fart jokes.

Had an episode on last night where a female prisoner spends 10 minutes talking about how her captor is a virgin and should sleep with him like it's a trashy soap opera.

Please don't besmirch Deadwood. The only thing game of throne got from Deadwood is the interminable monologues.

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
All your friends are dorks ergo your a dork so you're your friends thus you watch game of thrones. Stop lying to us op

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

watch it i guess

Killed a Girl in 96
Jun 15, 2001

DON'T STOP CAN'T STOP

Xaris posted:

GOT Is really good and i dont get why any bitter selfloathing goons hate a normal good show that has mass appeal because its good yet deemed 'nerdy'.

i watched 8 hours of that show and the whole time it was really, really boring but i kept thinking "oh maybe it'll get better later" but it didn't. gently caress u

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Killed a Girl in 96 posted:

i watched 8 hours of that show and the whole time it was really, really boring but i kept thinking "oh maybe it'll get better later" but it didn't. gently caress u

meanwhile goon favorite, babylon 5 is a really rivetting exciting show

• Locked thread