Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
how do you gently caress up a burrito

they're the easiest thing to make

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

i have never been to norcal despite living in california all my life. it's too goddamn far and if I'm going to go that far it might as well be another state or another country. california is big.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Don Mega posted:

i live in san diego we have p good burritos suck it OP

even redding has really good burritos hth. p good burritos exists throughout every california city

e: beaten

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

California is great if just for the food. Unless you live way out in the boonies you can get a decent version of any kind of food you can think of within a 15 min drive. :yum:

psyopmonkey posted:

Grew up in sactown

Wont go back

Sac is fine and good, if not cool. jerk. :colbert:

Don Mega
Nov 26, 2005
only mexicans know the hidden arts of burrito preparation

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

Don Mega posted:

This 10k

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I dunno my ocean-view house in a picture-perfect central california microclimate is pretty rad.

CA is probably the best place to live in the entire world if you can afford to live in the right places/ have enough money to do the cool stuff and eat cool things.

If you don't make enough money then CA is pretty poo poo probably, I wouldn't know, just an assumption/observation

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

quote:

haha sac is terrible but on the upside, we need people like you who enjoy living in poo poo places, thank you for shouldering your burden with a smile

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Don Mega posted:

No. That is a tex mex food stuff.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Taima posted:

If you don't make enough money then CA is pretty poo poo probably, I wouldn't know, just an assumption/observation
ive been meaning to ask the guys in one of several hidden hobo villages this but im worried ill get shanked with a lotion bottle

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Don Mega posted:

burritos came about because there was a need to get rice into a format that you didn't need utensils to eat. the other toppings were just afterthoughts

fajitas, however, are a dish worthy of hanging your hat on.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

the place i live is really boring but in a good way so gently caress you op i guess

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

California tries to be cool but there's that SJ Valley ruining any style points

Fresno is like the attic-chained ugly freakshow no one talks about

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

poopzilla posted:

California is great if just for the food. Unless you live way out in the boonies you can get a decent version of any kind of food you can think of within a 15 min drive. :yum:

Sacramento would be rather good if it wasn't so loving hot. Davis owns though.

I kinda hated Sonoma County growing up but now I like it so i'll prolly move back there

Xaris fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Sep 25, 2014

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Taima posted:

haha sac is terrible but on the upside, we need people like you who enjoy living in poo poo places, thank you for shouldering your burden with a smile

I wont tell you you're wrong. but i've lived all over and living in the valley beats 'trying' to live in the bay spending 90% of your money on rent or living in the concrete shithole that is all of the south.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
i am from cali but moved away and i miss breakfast burritos so much

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

I'm just loving with you.

Sac is like, classic middle of the road living in CA. I have a friend there who likes it. It's way too hot for me, and last time I was there the state college was full of sleeping bums on every bench at night which was disconcerting/weird. But it's ok. Cost of living is dead cheap compared to the better places. Probably not the worst place to raise a family on a budget either.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taima posted:

Well at least the rents are reasonable.

So lower rent and you can enjoy the same quality homeless people as the better known cities.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln
Last time I went to CA I was almost killed on the highway because Californians go loving crazy when it rains. Then I went to Disneyland with my uncle and his Asian wife. I had to explain to her that the submarine ride does in fact go underwater and the dragon in the fireworks display was not a real dragon.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ProfessorMurder posted:

Last time I went to CA I was almost killed on the highway because Californians go loving crazy when it rains. Then I went to Disneyland with my uncle and his Asian wife. I had to explain to her that the submarine ride does in fact go underwater and the dragon in the fireworks display was not a real dragon.

I haven't been there in a decade. What sub-marine ride was there?

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

ProfessorMurder posted:

The crazy driver thing is almost unique to southern CA. They go buckwild crazy when it rains because it happens infrequently (desert and all). And honestly they aren't great drivers on average even when its dry.

There is nothing that you can really blanket all of CA with, it's far far too diverse for that.

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I haven't been there in a decade. What sub-marine ride was there?

it was a stationary "submarine" that was pretty much just an aquarium.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

ProfessorMurder posted:

it was a stationary "submarine" that was pretty much just an aquarium.

the last time I saw an aquarium, my uncle was in the water. Also It was not that big.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I like the NCR better.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Anxiously awaiting the rise of Aztlan.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This should be the state song IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMix60cXETU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Are you gonna pay for me and your idiot friends to travel?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Taima posted:

Sac is like, classic middle of the road living in CA. I have a friend there who likes it. It's way too hot for me, and last time I was there the state college was full of sleeping bums on every bench at night which was disconcerting/weird. But it's ok. Cost of living is dead cheap compared to the better places. Probably not the worst place to raise a family on a budget either.
yeah I agree, way too hot (like a lot of california imo).

But cost of living does own. I was living in Davis for about ~500 a month and did live in Sac briefly for about $400 a month. I now pay well over 3x that to live in Berkeley which is pretty crappy for biking compared to sac/davis.

Helpimscared
Jun 16, 2014

i like it, because beaches n' poo poo

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Helpimscared posted:

i like it, because beaches n' poo poo

which kind, the shallower tan sandy beaches with lots of kids running around, or the harsh undertow rocky beaches that will gently caress you and everything you love and destroys everything? cause i actually kinda like the latter but thats because i spent too much time around bodega/jenner.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
The next time im in cali will be for two reasons...

Funeral

Cat adoption

poopzilla
Nov 23, 2004

Taima posted:

I'm just loving with you.

its all good, i know. The summers are loving brutal but that’s why we all go to the bay or tahoe or oregon for the summer. :P

The big joke about sac is that no one wants to be there but its close to everywhere you do want to be, and its true. You’re 2 hours from SF, the best city/coast in the world, or Tahoe the best skiing/mountains in the world. And there is world class food and booze all the way between. I love it here.

Hi, I’m poopzilla vote for me for city council. God bless.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poopzilla posted:

its all good, i know. The summers are loving brutal but that’s why we all go to the bay or tahoe or oregon for the summer. :P

The big joke about sac is that no one wants to be there but its close to everywhere you do want to be, and its true. You’re 2 hours from SF, the best city/coast in the world, or Tahoe the best skiing/mountains in the world. And there is world class food and booze all the way between. I love it here.

Hi, I’m poopzilla vote for me for city council. God bless.

The cow town reputation is also good for scaring people off, along with the lack of good job unless you can work for the state gov.

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 25, 2014

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

etalian posted:

The cow town reputation is also good for scaring people off, along with the lack of good job unless you can work the state gov.

I hate you!

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

wow rude

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Cali has everything you want and nothing you can afford.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
if it's good enough for this guy it's good enough for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kashmir
Jul 1, 2003
the guy
I live in SD. Only place in the wold you can go surfing, skiing in the mountains, riding in the dunes, boating down Colorado river, deep sea fishing etc. etc.
my tiny house almost costs half a mil. not wort it

• Locked thread