Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the rent is too drat high here but I would kill myself if I lived in any of those other shithole states with 1 or 2 exceptions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

I would live in Pismo except that I don't want Fresno in my yard every weekend :argh:

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

FogHelmut posted:

1,210 fucktards per sq mile, compared to california's measly 246

That's because the place is smaller than your dick. Tiny, really.

Robbie Fowler
May 31, 2011

Manifest posted:

Sorry, it's San Gabriel (borderline Pasadena.)
It's called Bhanu Indian Grocery And Cuisine.
http://www.mybhanu.com/

Dope as gently caress.

lmao what kinda of indian restaurant is this? what a poo poo selection.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

except gov moonbeam did it by cutting every service possible without running afoul of federal regulations, the same way all the shithole red states nobody wants to live in manage to stay in the black

and despite running a surplus he refuses to restore any cuts because he's a shitlord and jello biafra was right all along

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
So people angry at California...if I was born in another state, moved to California, then move to your state, am I a California transplant who is ruining your state? Do I qualify?

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013
Everything about Cali owns except the high costs and driver cuntiness

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Telesphorus posted:

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW
i want a 6 state califonria because i'd rather be over run by mexicans than put up with sacramento.

Telesphorus
Oct 28, 2013

TOILETLORD posted:

i want a 6 state califonria because i'd rather be over run by mexicans than put up with sacramento.

Too many signatures for that bullshit idea could not be validated.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Telesphorus posted:

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Telesphorus posted:

"what are turn signals" ~ the majority of california drivers, everywhere

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

The Droid posted:

"what are turn signals" ~ the majority of california drivers, everywhere

It's raining, better go 100mph on a side street.

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
My most California moment was overhearing a woman at the grocery store talking loudly on her cell phone.
"Oh no, I kept Joshua home today, I didn't want him to ride the bus while it was raining."

:psyduck:

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

Robbie Fowler posted:

lmao what kinda of indian restaurant is this? what a poo poo selection.

A delicious one where you eat next to the aisle with canned goods.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

old dog child posted:

That's actually super common all over the US. There is a "movement" (nerds) who want to replace all offensive place names in maps~ There's a Wop Draw, Negro Creek, Pickaninny Buttes (it's pretty tho). I'll look for some Spanish ones because I'm curious now

I recall there being dumb spanish towns in cali and wonder if there's anything that still exists like that but people don't care because they don't know what it means

brb naming a town in texas Scheißeberg or something

the worst thing is
Oct 3, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
There's lots of german influenced towns in texas because of the huge amounts of german immigrants who settled there in the late 1800's though. names like that aren't surprising. maybe i didn't get the joke.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Tautologicus posted:

There's lots of german influenced towns in texas because of the huge amounts of german immigrants who settled there in the late 1800's though. names like that aren't surprising. maybe i didn't get the joke.

that's kinda the reference, thanks cheap beer for teaching me about german/czech immigrants

SWG_NorCal
Nov 4, 2013
I moved to NorCal from Pittsburgh about 12 years ago. It is expensive, but the reason it is expensive is that it really nice to live here. It is a really great place to live.

Manifest
Jul 7, 2007

HELLO THERE I COME FROM THE FUTURE

SWG_NorCal posted:

I moved to NorCal from Pittsburgh about 12 years ago. It is expensive, but the reason it is expensive is that it really nice to live here. It is a really great place to live.

Except you have the worst Baseball team.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Manifest posted:

Except you have the worst Baseball team.

we were good in the 80's just like how the chargers were good in like the 1920's, really i'm pretty sure our owners must be taking kick backs to train players for other teams.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I saw an old button-copy sign on the way home today (in Idaho). Those always remind me of California - here's one from Oroville as an example.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I don't mind y'all coming to our great state (Texas) y'all got some cool nature going on and I'm envious. Redwoods are cool. welp see ya later

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Idiot Kicker posted:

I saw an old button-copy sign on the way home today (in Idaho). Those always remind me of California - here's one from Oroville as an example.

Oroville is not part of the cool part of California.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007

Irradiation posted:

Oroville is not part of the cool part of California.

Oh I'm definitely aware of that

the night dad
Oct 23, 2006

by XyloJW
There are a lot of juggalos in Sacramento.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
I also wish people would stop abbreviating downtown LA to "DTLA". poo poo's already yuppie enough down here thank you

• Locked thread