Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Speaking as someone who was born and raised in California, I hate California.

Northern California is okay. The Sierra Nevadas are awesome too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
If anyone ever goes to Sequoia Park, stop by Three Rivers nearby. It's a really cute little town with a candy/ice cream/holiday decorations shop in it, and it's been one of my favorite places in the world since I was a kid. They have a big hummingbird population and once when I was eating at one of the restaurants there I saw a bear walk by the river outside so that was cool.

Also Sequoia park is cool, Redwoods are loving amazing.

The Mojave Desert in Southern California has a good campground as well, go there. A lot of neat places in the area to explore.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk.

Gotta be here!

Hey!

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
Yeah there aren't many places south of Seattle I'd consider moving to because I'm a huge baby who can't tolerate heat, but Santa Cruz is one of them. I always liked visiting my sister when she was going to college there. I wish I could remember the name of the place that served a pretty righteous Chilequiles.

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy
California is basically if you crammed all of America into one state.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Xenophon posted:

It must really suck to not live in CA. Los Angeles owns, San Francisco owns, Santa Barbara owns, San Diego owns. Even Sacramento, which should be a poo poo city for garbage people, somehow owns. No, seriously, it rules! And as for CA in general, the food owns, the wine owns, the music owns, the beer owns, the museums own, the art owns. The beaches own, the mountains own, the forests own, the deserts own. There's a theme here.

I grew up in the place that doesn't own. The central valley. I lived just one hour south of Fresno. That place is so incredibly horrible. Terrible weather, really ugly terrain, and driving back into it from Los Angeles plunges you into a visible wall of smog and pollution.

The only redeeming feature is that it's pretty close to Sequoia National Park.

• Locked thread