Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's a pretty cool place if you afford the ridiculous cost of living.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

southern California is better IMO, at least everything seems closer together like the LA to San Diego distance vs SF to LA.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

stop moving to austin tia

austin is a colony of California

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Pumpy Muffinz posted:

I heard that your state went bankrupt because the people could vote on what was taxed and what what wasn't. Why didn't you vote to tax Hollywood movies?

That was Prop 13, basically people with homes and businesses wanted a big tax break.

The direct democracy idea is appealing in theory but a mess in the real world.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

If you want a asian dream waifu it's a ideal state.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lol

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Taima posted:

haha sac is terrible but on the upside, we need people like you who enjoy living in poo poo places, thank you for shouldering your burden with a smile

Well at least the rents are reasonable.

So lower rent and you can enjoy the same quality homeless people as the better known cities.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

This should be the state song IMO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMix60cXETU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poopzilla posted:

its all good, i know. The summers are loving brutal but that’s why we all go to the bay or tahoe or oregon for the summer. :P

The big joke about sac is that no one wants to be there but its close to everywhere you do want to be, and its true. You’re 2 hours from SF, the best city/coast in the world, or Tahoe the best skiing/mountains in the world. And there is world class food and booze all the way between. I love it here.

Hi, I’m poopzilla vote for me for city council. God bless.

The cow town reputation is also good for scaring people off, along with the lack of good job unless you can work for the state gov.

etalian fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Sep 25, 2014

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Xaris posted:

I was in SD for a conference and stayed on Coronado island. pretty cool and some really nice beaches. we visited hillcrest (?) and balboa park and some places around that area, it was pretty good. ate breakfast at some place Snooze and it was really good. all around nice weather too.

if i had to live in socal, i'd def choose SD but i'd probably only afford some hellhole out in the souless commuter suburbs tho. maybe its one of those places thats really cool to be in the short term but sucky to live in

although half a mill for a tiny house sounds like a loving steal when an apartment here in berkeley can go for $600k for 1br up to 800k for a condo 2br with shared walls and no real yard lmao

I'm not sure how anyone can have good work productivity in San Diego.

Also:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tri-tip is better than beef brisket

deal with it

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

psyopmonkey posted:

I agree, brisket is what poor southerners eat because theyre retarded and lame.

Tritip normally has enough fat to not require basting and constant maintenance, unlike the mediocre lamewad retard food known as brisket.

Places like Santa Barbara/San Luis Obispo have pretty bomb saloon style steakhouses too.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

WilltheMagicAsian posted:

I'm thinking about moving to Vegas, you can get a nice place for a fourth of the price here. I'll miss all the green though.

Yup it's pretty overpriced for the big population centers unless you want to live in the off the beaten path areas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

I think northern California might be okay but I'm stuck in Los Angeles in some lovely urban sprawl in the desert. And I'm in the nice part.
I don't even LIKE the beach, give me some mountains with snow and forests and some lovely gloom

Denver, Fort Collins or Boulder is calling

• Locked thread