Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

jng2058 posted:

I'll agree with Bethany Cochrane but we need a better team name. I'd say...Lyran Mech Reporters.

Nope, next guy had the right idea. Hired Goons it is!

What about NOT Clan Intelligence for the team name to go with Bethany Cochrane?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Rats, still tied

Fine, go with the Niko one.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Bethany would've been tied too if the vote hadn't been split between Bethany as the Callsign and Bethany as the unit name. :psyduck:

I think you parsed my post wrong- it was Bethany Cochrane of NOT Clan Intelligence

Did you think "NOT Clan Intelligence" was the callsign?

Basically, if that's the mix-up, then this is my vote.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

PoptartsNinja posted:

Fun fact: Inferno SRMs are the only weapons in the game that do as much damage as they're supposed to! All other missile weapons strike for reduced damage. :pseudo:

Is that where :pgi: drew their inspiration for missile nerfs from, you think?

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

3C

The Crab gives no fucks.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

paragon1 posted:

I would pay more than 60 dollars for a good Mechwarrior game with good melee combat.

You're not the only one. Lucky for me, I get to live the dream over the next couple months in PTN's battletech thread.

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Ice Fist posted:

How does battletech handle pulse lasers? Are they like lasers in burst fire mode or something?

Exactly that. It's even shorter bursts than normal laser fire, but more of them.

A small pulse laser is basically a laser machine gun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Please show the actual plot, thanks. This is one of the few that I haven't played, and I'd really like to see the plot in a coherent story.

• Locked thread