Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
how do ppl with crippling social anxiety deal with like a broken leg or a festering infection? at that point it seems like youd be choosing between having to go talk to people or sticking with a mortal disease to kill you in a week. what would win out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fucker
Jan 4, 2013
im talking the most crippling social anxiety possible. the kind that panics at the mailman

Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Fucker posted:

im talking the most crippling social anxiety possible. the kind that panics at the mailman

i assume at some point blinding pain trumps all else and you just give up and call for help

if youre that far gone then you probably have someone supporting or helping you anyway as its impossible to survive otherwise

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
juts smile and look people in the eye if ur meetin with them

its not hadr. 99.9% of people dont give a fuk about you anyway, just chill

dont overdo it tho or ull look insane in head

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
I am outgoing and self confident but in reality I only rely on those two things, along with regular exercise, to avoid slipping back into the sweet yet poisonous hands of melancholy

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
but nonetheless I am awesome

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.
I only have social media anxiety.

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Zzulu posted:

At Waterloo
Dec 16, 2007

Oh baby darling you will see, your blood belongs to him a soulless feast.

Zzulu posted:

I tell myself this pretty much every time I leave my apartment. It doesn't work because then the physical symptoms of social anxiety start (blushing, shaking, increased heart rate, etc) and you feel like you're going kind of crazy because you're SUPER NERVOUS even though you know most people give zero fucks about you and there's no reason to be anxious. It's really stupid. And like another poster pointed out, most people with social anxiety do their best to avoid feeling like that. And then you kind of stop leaving the house and agoraphobia sets in and oh god it's been a week and I've avoided every responsibility and commitment.......

So yeah. Medication and weed, pretty much.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
i am cool buff and suave irl much better than these other goooooonnnnssss :smug:

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

i am really cool and funny irl and everyone likes me, but on the internet i make really lovely unfunny posts like this one. can u spot the pattern here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

• Locked thread