Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Never played Requiem before, but this sounds like too much fun to pass up. Posting interest.

Any suggestions of what books would make for good insperation? Both pirate wise and also camp wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
I'm kinda struggling to know where to start with making a character. You want us to not pick bloodlines as starting characters, but are we free to plan towards joining any of them? Are the only clans the ones in the core book? Do we need a character sheet already or just a character concept?

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Right, I'm thinking of an ex-british navy sailor who got stranded on an island after pirates attacked his ship, and on the island is a navive tribe worshipping an exiled Elder Amara Havana bloodline Daeva as a god. Gets turned after begging for his life by worshiping her and from there is sent out to lure back new mortals to join the ever growing cult. Hasn't developed the unique Discipline the Amara Havana are known for yet, but it's only a matter of time.

I'm still trying to work out the details. But at least its a basic concept. Ex-Navy sailor, turned by horrible monster worshiped as a god by fearful tribesmen. Possibly throw in a map and a curse somewhere along the way and oh look its a plot for a new pirates film.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

Soonmot posted:

Arash: sounds good, but does it need to be a bloodline instead of just a deava?

Nah, that's just so you guys know what I would be building towards. Character is going to start out as a Deava and then over time grow into the bloodline. When I build it, it's going to be based more around 'met scary monster on remote island, now am scary monster, shouldn't have gone looking for the cursed treasure' that 'I am one of these things, but not yet, lol'

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.

GoatLord posted:

The name of the game is Coil of the Wyrm. Jump on ship and super-frenzy until every hostile combatant is dead.

That I can see being quite funny. I'm actually been tempted by the thought of also picking up Thamaturgy - Path of Blood. At least up to 3 dots. Pop the potency boost and then fill the blood pool to max from Sakti Pata 4 dots.

Then get our kill on.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Okay, I'll start putting some stuff together. Not had much time recently, but I think I've got an idea now. Just have to be happy with how I phrase it.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
The most obvious way would be getting hired by the capitain and offering your aligance to him exclusivly.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Right so, the first half of my character app is almost finished. I'm going to post what I've got for now. Just to stake my claim.

Michael Hawkins

From the Jornal of Michael Hawkins

19th July Year of our Lord 1487
Day 34:
Thirty four days have passed since we left England’s green and pleasant lands. The captain thinks we should be getting close soon, a few days more sailing. Chasing the treasure promised to us by the map. It’s old and leathery, at my best guess its 50 maybe 60 years old. Promises a great treasure hidden on an island. Probably put there by pirates or what have you.

I do not feel well.

The doctor, he thinks its scurvy. I think he’s a fool. I’ve been eating the limes on the ship. I’ve been eating more of them than the crew! Yet still I’m getting sicker. I pray to god that it passes quickly. Too much has been invested into this to die now.

27th July, Year of our Lord 1487
Day 42:
The wind has not blown for three days. I have been having more periods of illness. The doctor has advised me to eat more of the limes. I hear whispers amongst the crew. I fear things will not end well. The captain appears to ether be unaware or ignoring it. We hope that the breeze will come back soon.

This hot still air could drive a man to insanity.

1st August, Year of our Lord 1487
Day 47:
The wind still refuses to blow. One of the crew thinks we’re cursed. He’s a drunk mad man at the best of times. But there’s just something in how he says it that makes me believe.

2nd August, Year of our Lord 1487
Day 48:
I threw up blood today. The Doctor has confined me to my quarters. I can do little but write and suffer from awful night horrors. My sleep is disturbed, with dreams of mutiny and hands covered in blood. I pray god will hear us and grant us salvation.

5th August, Year of our Lord 1487
Day 51:
My delirium increases. I have not left the room for three days. The doctor brings me medicines. But they do little to solve the pains, or the fevers. In my waking dreams I see him riffling through my belongings and taking anything of value. Fights are breaking out. The crew are on edge. The first officer was found with his throat slit.

God has abandoned us.

Day: ???
I hear fighting outside. Blood seeps under the door. I cry for help. But receive no answer. I cannot move from my bed. From my window, I can see a storm building. We will all be dead soon. The Devil has come to claim us.

Day: 1
I am alive.
The storm destroyed everything. Fifteen of us survived. Washed up on this island. I would thank god. But there is no salvation in this. We are cursed. The sickness has passed, but there is no solitude in this. I do not trust McGinty. He is shifty and mutters to himself when he thinks no one is looking.

We will set up shelter on the beach and then move inland looking for food and water.

Day: 8
Something is in the woods. We found Flint, strung upside down, his blood pooled below him. I feel like we are being watched. McGinty has taken command of our group. We have been burning the wreckage of the ship for a signal. But we have seen nothing for days. I fear we will never be found. I fear we will die on this island.

Day: 21? It is hard to tell now.
This will be the last entry I ever write in this journal.
The past few days have changed everything. I have seen the darkness that has remained hidden from people all of these years. How did I never see it? Perhaps because I feared too…

We were found by islanders, tribal men in loincloths with spears. Their hands were painted red, possibly with blood. They attacked at night, took us, bound us. Those that resisted were killed. Three of us were left, I would have resisted but I was too weak.

Dragged into the deepest parts of the jungle, we were taken to an ancient temple. It’s structure matched the drawings on the map. Gods we had washed ashore on the same island we had been seeking all along! Was this the treasure the map told of? The tribe took us inside to a dark chamber that even the sun could never touch. Inside was the throne, and on it their cursed Corpse God.

It might have been a woman once, but its body was decayed and rotten, its form was wrapped in silks from India. I’d seen that fashion before. They must have been beautiful at some time, but they were torn and moth eaten, covered in dirt from years past. It moved. The dead thing moved. Reclining on its throne and surveying us with a chilling hunger. When it moved we could hear the creak of its bones protesting. It spoke in a language none of us knew. The tribesmen cowered in fear, and one stepped forwards. Speaking in her own tongue she gestured to us, and prostrated herself in front of the monster.

The first man, I could not say who, for his face was so soaked in blood that his features were entirely obscured, she sank her teeth into this throat and tore it out like wool from the bundle. She drank him! Drank him dry! She even started looking more alive, her skin started reforming to cover her rot. The second man, it was McGinty, I could tell from his voice. I didn’t watch what happened to him. My nerve broke.

Then it was my turn. God forgive me. Though I know that begging to the almighty is pointless now. I prostrated myself in front of the creature as the tribesmen did. I begged for my life with worship. I don’t know why, but it stopped and smiled.

Then it killed me

And I became a monster too.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Alright, here's my sheet so far and the rest of the written out background and personality stuff.

Michael Hawkins

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1020977

Michael Hawkins died in the Year of our Lord 1487, after a storm destroyed his ship and a Vampire embraced him. Trapped on the island and now one of the Kindrid, Michael stayed as part of the tribe. Trying to adjust to his new form and powers. Though he could not understand the words of the tribe or his Sire, Michael was fortunate in that he was not the first European to be imprisoned here.

From the teachings of this other man, who Michael took to calling Jack, gave him a basic understanding of his powers and weaknesses. The aversion to sunlight that could prove fatal. The speed, the resilience, the need for blood.

As soon as Michael was strong enough he fled into the jungle, keeping to the densest parts, hiding from the light and the tribe. The island was large enough for there to be a second, rival tribe on the other side of the island. The two groups were at war, though with the power of the Vampire’s blood and their ghouled warriors, the tribe of the corpse god held the advantage.

With two angry and potentially hostile groups, Michael was able to feed off of the dying fighters after a skirmish. He watched, observed, learned. Picking up ambush tactics, fighting tactics, strengths and weaknesses. He started picking them off one by one. The loners away from their packs. Growing stronger and bolder. His hunt almost came to an end when they fooled him into an ambush. But he discovered a large cave network that stretched the length of the island. He made his lair inside, and with the volcanic stone fashioned rudimentary weapons.

The gorilla war continued for fifteen years. Michael preferring to leave his human victims alive. After all on an island with a finite food source, it made little sense to slaughter his way through everything. The vampires sent against him however, he tore apart. Preferring the blades forged from his blood and drinking them dry. After all they were too much of a threat to leave alive. It was in the seventh year that he learned how to draw sustenance from the Storms that would hit the island. Reducing the reliance on feeding from his enemies.

It wasn’t until the start of the sixteenth year that Michael made a discovery. A number of chests filled with gold and jewels, sitting in the middle of one of the caves. Even after all this time he hadn’t mentally mapped the whole place. But he’d never been to these caverns before, he could smell the sea, and something else too… a man with the face of a shark lurking in the darkness. Something about him filled Michael with panic. He was a vampire too, an unknown one… someone else stranded on this Island?

But no, the vampire identified himself as Captain Shark. A man with a boat and an appreciation for those with unusual skill sets. It was here that Michael learnt that not all vampires could craft their own blood into a blade, a powerful gift from his sire. That made him a rare commodity, and Shark had a job offer. Faced with staying on the island until he ran out of food or was killed by ether tribe, Michael chose to join the crew of the mysterious Shark. Fleeing the island, but swearing to return one day, to destroy his sire. To avenge the deaths of his fellow survivors.

The next few years Michael slept in the ships hold during the day and worked the deck during the night. His time spent in the navy let him adapt quickly to sea life and it wasn’t long before he got back into the swing of things. Besides training the crew in armed combat Michael found his time raiding in the jungles gave him good insight to leading attacks on coastal towns and fortifications. He became so adept that he led a raid on a British fort, slaughtered all inside, and looted the cannons that even now resides on Black Betty’s ship.

For the most part Michael gives his loyalty to the Captain unquestioningly. He is a quiet man, sickly in appearance. He keeps himself to himself and takes great pride what he does. Possibly one day he would consider leaving Shark’s employ, but the years on the Island had not been kind to him and he feels disconnected from the world outside the waves. The supernatural world is full of too many unknowns, and with little formal education in them, Michael looks to the others in the Brotherhood for guidance.

Some time ago he gained an enemy in the form of Lieutenant Commander Samuel Nottingham, the only surviving officer of the fort he stole the cannons from. Previously a Capitan until the raid caused him to be demoted, he has sworn to bring Michael to justice, unaware of the nature of his opponent, nor who he works for. He hounds him across the sea, always a few steps behind. Once in a while he will catch up and their fights normally end with Michael letting the officer go. Mostly because it amuses him. Partly because he thinks the man could make a good childer, but he needs to prove himself worthy of it.

During his time on the ship Michael gained a close bond with a crew member, Eleanor Scarvis. A young woman who ran away to sea. Michael finds her fascinating. More so now that he’s fed on her more than once. For her part she seems pretty addicted to Michael too. Having taken her under his wing Michael is fiercely defensive of her from the other crew members. She sleeps in his quarters and is still working to become a competent sailor. For his part Michael teaches her when he can, and tries to drink sparingly from her. But she’s so drat tempting…!

Michael has contacts in the Mages and Changelings that have joined the brotherhood, trading his skill at arms for their knowledge’s and powers. Be it training them in how to fight for themselves to working as hired muscle. In turn he explores avenues and ways to kill the monster that made him.

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Any feedback on my sheet Soonmot? It's three posts above this one. I'll edit in the web link into this post when I'm not phone posting.

Edit: Sheet location - http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=1020977

Arashiofordo3 fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Congrats to those who got in. I hope you all have a blast. Thanks for the chance to make me sit down and actually read V:tR. :)

• Locked thread