Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005
Seriously. Nothing cooler than seeing tons of wind turbines from a plane. Seeing them alleviates some of the anxiety I have over our oil based poo poo collapsing all over the fn place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
wind is the worst besides heart ofc

earth is prolly the best i think

Just Burgs
Jan 15, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
Mmm.

synftw
Jun 14, 2007
Chaos-Gnostic Satanist
You won't be singing that tune when a tornado rips you in half.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
Don't worry OP, when global warming happens from all the fossil fuels we burn we can use the windmills to keep us cool.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

did somebody set us up it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
wind sucks because sometimes it isnt windy

sun is best, its not even on this planet to start with but the efficiency sucks still and it can get cloudy

oil sucks because - well you know

natural gas sucks read above

coal omg

boiling water from radioactive decay is the best method and least harmful and the most consistent, the only by product being a solid waste you can dump into a big hole in the ground - where it came from to start with. melt downs and disasters are as preventable as any other form of power plants with the benefit of not destroying the whole planet slowly. ignorant protesting of the very concept has led to extreme stagnation of the technology and designs used, even though we've figured out how to make a not-melt-downable reactor for the last 30 years. how many of those do we have? 0. yet through insane hurdles they are still allowed to build the the most basic design from the 1940's that, inherently, isn't very safe. would you feel safe today driving a car from the 1940s every day?

if you are against nuclear poewr you are a pawn of the oil industry machine and probably ride a bike during rush hour in the roads too.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
faaaaaaaaaaart

you're right, op

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Neukoln19 posted:

Seriously. Nothing cooler than seeing tons of wind turbines from a plane. Seeing them alleviates some of the anxiety I have over our oil based poo poo collapsing all over the fn place.

lol, think u can just put a windmill on youre car when the oil runs out? stupid idiot

Jack-in-the-Bach
Oct 15, 2005

maybe its cool but it took up way too much space in sim city

Neukoln19
Oct 27, 2005

Panniculus Rift posted:

lol, think u can just put a windmill on youre car when the oil runs out? stupid idiot

You're just a big jerk

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
wind is noisy and lovely and you idiots just love it because it makes you feel better about your shitass lifestyles even though its meaningless on any real scale

just kill yourself

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Neukoln19 posted:

You're just a big jerk

yeah that was a bit harsh. :( i thought about that windmills on cars thing, and it's actually not that stupid. when you drive, you create wind, right? that wind would power the windmill, and that way you'd have infinite fuel for your car.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
When you're living far away from a modern windmill and only see them from a plane they are great. If you're living next to a wind farm, it's noise, loud and annoying. Modern coal powerplants or nuclear reactors offer a better quality of living if you have them next door. Bonus points for them only getting build here in areas that were rather nice looking before someone heard that you can get government substitution if you build one of those loving things in a once nice, wodden area.

Glad I only drive past them, and rarely have to be close to those loving things.

script kitty
Jan 2, 2005

GOTTA GO CATTES
I think those wind turbines are the only things more efficient at genociding native bird populations than domestic cats

Troll Bridgington
Dec 22, 2011

Keeping up foreign relations.
Wind farms are just a liberal plot to kill people by fan death on a massive scale! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Troll Bridgington posted:

Wind farms are just a liberal plot to kill people by fan death on a massive scale! WAKE UP SHEEPLE!!!

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I bet you could build a solar panel glider that drifted above the clouds and beamed the energy down through microwaves or something

almost like in simcity 2000

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
as a raptor, im agianst it

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

error1 posted:

I bet you could build a solar panel glider that drifted above the clouds and beamed the energy down through microwaves or something

almost like in simcity 2000

I bet you couldnt tbh

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
wind turbines cause hallucinations and headaches

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Cream_Filling posted:

wind is noisy and lovely and you idiots just love it because it makes you feel better about your shitass lifestyles even though its meaningless on any real scale

just kill yourself

close thread nothing else to say after this

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe

Neukoln19 posted:

truly, nothing cooler exists. literally.

What of my anxiety that you will continue to post bad posts?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

scalded schlong posted:

did somebody set us up it

That's a real throwback of a joke you've got there.

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
More nukes please

Al Nipper
May 7, 2008

by XyloJW
wind power IS the bomb...

A TICKING TIME BOMB!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBYjZG8O6qE

brought to you by Koch Industries

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
ok check it real post time i solved the energy crisis here's how this shti happes here we go

okay solar is cool right so let's build a solar panel farm to power the entire town during the daytime, now check this poo poo out - DOUBLE that solar panel farm size

stay with me here

okay so now we have a bunch of extra energy, twice what we need - take that second half of energy and use it to power some gnarly fuckin pumps that pump a huge basin of salt water UP A HILL during the day time

now watch this poo poo, at night the solar panels ain't doing poo poo, so let the salt water fall back into the basin and the moving water will turn turbines and gently caress yeah we've got energy at night

BOOOM motherfuckers, i just solved your energy problems eat my poo poo

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

they disrupt some dumb gay bird's flight path and thats way more important than sustainable power sources!!!

I'm Crap
Aug 15, 2001

pathetic little tramp posted:

ok check it real post time i solved the energy crisis here's how this shti happes here we go

okay solar is cool right so let's build a solar panel farm to power the entire town during the daytime, now check this poo poo out - DOUBLE that solar panel farm size

stay with me here

okay so now we have a bunch of extra energy, twice what we need - take that second half of energy and use it to power some gnarly fuckin pumps that pump a huge basin of salt water UP A HILL during the day time

now watch this poo poo, at night the solar panels ain't doing poo poo, so let the salt water fall back into the basin and the moving water will turn turbines and gently caress yeah we've got energy at night

BOOOM motherfuckers, i just solved your energy problems eat my poo poo
it's been done and it's expensive, let's just keep burning this delicious lignite instead

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

I'm Crap posted:

it's been done and it's expensive, let's just keep burning this delicious lignite instead

gently caress yeah you're right i got some styrofoam i'll put it in the fireplace

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
As an expert :smug: here is what your opinion should be

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

cant we just pray to god for energy

EAB
Jan 18, 2011
any form of power generation that isnt nuclear is bad and gay, and if you do not support nuclear you are also bad and gay and possibly retarded

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

EAB posted:

any form of power generation that isnt nuclear is bad and gay, and if you do not support nuclear you are also bad and gay and possibly retarded

The Protagonist
Jun 29, 2009

The average is 5.5? I thought it was 4. This is very unsettling.

EAB posted:

any form of power generation that isnt nuclear or economically viable for a given area is bad and gay, and if you do not support nuclear you are also bad and gay and possibly retarded

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
environmentalists from the 60s making nuclear power the boogieman has now screwed the environment

owned

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

What happens when we use up all the wind OP.

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Someone once posted a link to a goant online database of all fatalities and accidents related to wind power - apparently when the governor breaks those things can spin crazy fast and topple. A couple of accidents said the blades were found kilometers away. It was p metal

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

What happens when we use up all the wind OP.

we bring back old gbs and set up windmills about its perimeter and harvest the long winded posts and gales of indignation generated therein. eh? ha ha ha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Orkin Mang posted:

we bring back old gbs and set up windmills about its perimeter and harvest the long winded posts and gales of indignation generated therein. eh? ha ha ha

probably more energy in burning goons for fuel

Justin Tyme posted:

they disrupt some dumb gay bird's flight path and thats way more important than sustainable power sources!!!

lol if you think wind power can sustain anything

• Locked thread