Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This felt a lot like an early Clone Wars episode to me. Just a complete tonal whiplash. Though it was pretty funny, Chopper continues to be the best character. That part where he takes off right after throwing the bowl doing the droid equivalent of the Ulillillia run made me laugh pretty hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
So what happened to the TIE?

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Shbobdb posted:

How is what I said crap? Could you please clarify?

The only way I'm reading what you are saying is that it is OK for 8-13 year old girls to be sexualized. And I think that is pretty hosed up.

Do you sexualize 8-13 year old girls? Do you think they should be sexualized?

Promoting the removal of acne towards a teenage audience is "sexualizing girls"? :fuckoff:

Epsiode's seem to be getting better. Still I hate how non-detailed the environments are. Clone Wars was really starting to get some awesome sets, with nice little background details. The scenes in this show seem so barren.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

Burning_Monk posted:

Promoting the removal of acne towards a teenage audience is "sexualizing girls"? :fuckoff:

This is one of those things that doesn't exist in a void. Promoting the removal of acne isn't a problem, but the overall culture and presentation that is part of is kind of an issue.

This show is awesome and I can't wait to see the third ep. I really, really like Chopper. :3:

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

WarLocke posted:

This is one of those things that doesn't exist in a void. Promoting the removal of acne isn't a problem, but the overall culture and presentation that is part of is kind of an issue.

This show is awesome and I can't wait to see the third ep. I really, really like Chopper. :3:

FFS, next you'll be crying about rape culture. "OMG they are targeting acne care at teenagers... the horror!"

Burning_Monk fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Oct 16, 2014

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?

PunkBoy posted:

Yeah I was expecting a last minute gag about the tie. Hopefully it shows up later in an episode, being driven by a jawa or something.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Shbobdb posted:

How is what I said crap? Could you please clarify?

The only way I'm reading what you are saying is that it is OK for 8-13 year old girls to be sexualized. And I think that is pretty hosed up.

Do you sexualize 8-13 year old girls? Do you think they should be sexualized?

Trying to start a poo poo storm about advertising and promotion in a thread dedicated to a television show, in a sub-forum dedicated to the form of television entertainment is...

C R A P.

Please go back to the twitterverse or at least to the marketing thread where your sentiments will be appreciated.

At the end of the day- turn the channel if you don't like it.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TheBigBad posted:

Trying to start a poo poo storm about advertising and promotion in a thread dedicated to a television show, in a sub-forum dedicated to the form of television entertainment is...

C R A P.

Please go back to the twitterverse or at least to the marketing thread where your sentiments will be appreciated.

At the end of the day- turn the channel if you don't like it.

Discussing commercials in the tv forum is very gauche.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Burning_Monk posted:

FFS, next you'll be crying about rape culture.

Not here, but you can't exactly deny that it exists.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Quit whining about ads and talk about the show. Leave the other poo poo out.

TheBigBad
Feb 28, 2004

Madness is rare in individuals, but in groups, parties, nations and ages it is the rule.

Kurtofan posted:

Discussing commercials in the tv forum is very gauche.

They don't put the commercials in itunes, champ.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Deadpool posted:

Quit whining about ads and talk about the show. Leave the other poo poo out.

I hope Chopper zaps an Imperial actor doing a commercial

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

PunkBoy posted:

As they say once Kanan asks, they crashed it, and deliberately so.

I found the episode okay, though it makes it seem Droids in Distress - or rather, its Zeb subplot - could have been moved to later in the series. I dunno, its nice to have the followup, so that the episodes won't be completely standalone, but he's gotten more focus out of the initial episodes than everybody save Ezra. And at the same time, because its still early days, I'm worried this development'll just snap back next week so as to keep the status quo.

Still, for some new Imp vehicles, an officer not being entirely dumb, and a TIE Fighter sequence bringing back fond memories of Rogue Squadron, there's certainly enough to it.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Latest episode streaming talking: The hijinks this episode worry be a bit. Mainly I'm wondering if I might get character fatigue out of the main cast. The Clone Wars was good because it cycled through a whole bunch of different characters so you never really got tired of them. This show however looks like it will be sticking with the main six all the time.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Oct 17, 2014

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

So do you think Sabine's artwork will stay around for a few episodes :v:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Astro Nut posted:

As they say once Kanan asks, they crashed it, and deliberately so.

They were obviously lying.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Any scenes not involving C1-10p were really boring this episode. I really wish they'd go to other planets or something, because the universe feels very small and the Empire looks like idiots-- well, just in general I guess. The stormtroopers can't hit anything they point their weapons at, though as the farm scene showed apparently they can hit things by aiming their turrets in the air and the lazers bend towards the ground or something? They seem to have no problems being brutally murdered by the protagonists, though. Really, though I find Zeb and Ezra are the two most annoying characters on the show so it's no wonder I wasn't thrilled about an episode focused on their relationship-- especially since the previous episodes were mostly about that as well.

VaultAggie posted:

Yeah I was expecting a last minute gag about the tie. Hopefully it shows up later in an episode, being driven by a jawa or something.

Yeah, I was surprised that they just left that hanging.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*

Astro Nut posted:

Still, for some new Imp vehicles, an officer not being entirely dumb, and a TIE Fighter sequence bringing back fond memories of Rogue Squadron, there's certainly enough to it.

New to the screen but I had one of those troop transports back in the early 80s

Sadly excited to see it in the show

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Potsticker posted:

especially since the previous episodes were mostly about that as well.

Wasnt that only the second episode? Or did i miss one?

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

zVxTeflon posted:

Wasnt that only the second episode? Or did i miss one?

He means Zeb angsting after Ezra gets captured, followed by Ezra having to realise Zeb's issues regarding disruptors, and then of course, saving his life.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Astro Nut posted:

He means Zeb angsting after Ezra gets captured, followed by Ezra having to realise Zeb's issues regarding disruptors, and then of course, saving his life.

Yeah, That makes three episodes, right? I forget what the premiere was titled, but then Droids in Distress and then this one.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Wait, what's going on with episodes? Wikipedia says only 2 episodes have aired (Spark of Rebellion and Droids in Distress), with the next airing October 20th. How did you guys watch a third? Disney XD online? I don't have access to that with my cable provider.

Will the online service be getting episodes earlier all year? And what's the spoiler policy if so? It sounds like I'm going to need to stay out of this thread until the episode actually airs on TV if you guys are going to be openly discussing episodes I can't watch yet.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, what's going on with episodes? Wikipedia says only 2 episodes have aired (Spark of Rebellion and Droids in Distress), with the next airing October 20th. How did you guys watch a third? Disney XD online? I don't have access to that with my cable provider.

Will the online service be getting episodes earlier all year? And what's the spoiler policy if so? It sounds like I'm going to need to stay out of this thread until the episode actually airs on TV if you guys are going to be openly discussing episodes I can't watch yet.

It's on WatchXD online. i use it on my Roku.

edit: I'm not gonna spoil anything from episodes put up early.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

alg posted:

It's on WatchXD online. i use it on my Roku.

edit: I'm not gonna spoil anything from episodes put up early.

I appreciate that, but there are people here talking about the third episode without spoiler tags. If that keeps up, I'm going to have to leave here until it actually broadcasts.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The very first part of the spoiler policy talks about shows that might air somewhere before other places (the example is East coast vs West coast in America) and the rule is once it airs, spoilers are no longer necessary.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yes, but that's often only addressing a 3-5 hour difference; here, we're talking about an entire week's delay for non-online watchers. Even as plot-light as these more recent episodes are, it would probably be a good idea to spoiler tag it considering we do indeed have more than few people like thrawn who aren't able to watch early.

Also, (post-Fighter Flight spoilers) some poo poo goes down next week for online watchers and it'd be cool to maintain the surprise for everyone else.

e: In other news, an enterprising fan may have found the answer to the whole what Zeb and Ezra did with the TIE debate on the Rebels facebook page. Basically, it looks like they hid it. It'll probably serve as a Chekhov's gun for an upcoming episode.

I think it's pretty cool how heavily Rebels seems to be dipping into the serialization aspect this early on, at least compared to Clone Wars where that didn't really start up (outside of 2-3 parters) until Season 3.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Oct 17, 2014

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Someone PM'd me about some spoiler or online airing questions regarding this thread. As with regular TVIV spoiler policy if the episode has not aired on TV in the Eastern Time Zone it has to be talked about with spoiler tags. That means any talk about early episodes online have to use spoiler tags. It would be helpful if you labeled such talk as well since I imagine there might be actual use for spoiler tags in other situations.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Potsticker posted:

Yeah, That makes three episodes, right? I forget what the premiere was titled, but then Droids in Distress and then this one.

Spark of the Rebellion was the first episode, but it was split into two parts. So yes, 3 episodes have been released, only 2 have aired on TV.

Devol_Tettran
Sep 3, 2011

Clever Betty

Serotonin posted:

New to the screen but I had one of those troop transports back in the early 80s

Sadly excited to see it in the show

I was watching when the realisation slowly dawned. An Imperial transport. With people in side pods.... Nah, they wouldn't include an original not-seen on screen and never re-released toy would they?....

Holy poo poo they have.

(I hope someone in the crew brought their old ones into the office to do some '3d storyboarding' with them. Probably at the same time as bringing the old dumpy Kenner TIE model for reference)

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Yeah, it makes me wonder if they're gonna use any of the other silly little Kenner vehicles over the course of the series. (They probably will :allears:)

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Cross-Section posted:

Yeah, it makes me wonder if they're gonna use any of the other silly little Kenner vehicles over the course of the series. (They probably will :allears:)

Jesus, I had like three of those, but had no idea there were so many of them.

The Clone Wars had my favorite nod to an old Kenner toy:

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

Jesus, I had like three of those, but had no idea there were so many of them.

The Clone Wars had my favorite nod to an old Kenner toy:

The episode guide book you can buy actually explains that too. The thing is, it was originally meant as just a baton (you know, military leader and all that), but the director of the episode, Danney Keller, had imagined it as some kind of weapon when he was a kid - so he had it thrown in.

High Lord Elbow
Jun 21, 2013

"You can sit next to Elvira."

Cross-Section posted:

Dammit, you just brought back a sad childhood memory. We were at the mall to buy me school clothes or something, and we passed through Sears going in and they had some Star Wars toys. I just BEGGED my dad to buy me that crappy little tank - MLC-3, I now see it's called. I mean begged and pleaded and groveled. And he finally relented but said I couldn't have anything else, that was it.

I tore it out of the package to play with it, and within five minutes realized what a piece of crap it was. We soon passed another toy store with a HUGE Star Wars display. Of course, I wanted everything on it, including a bunch of action figures I'd never seen.

"No, you made your choice," Dad said. I was stuck with my crappytank. I threw a fit.

Looking back, I realize we had some money troubles at the time, and the budget was probably already tight with school clothes.

Sorry Dad, I was a lovely kid. :(

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Well if anything, it'll be cathartic as hell seeing it blow up over and over again if they do indeed choose to include it in the series. :shobon:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
steven blum ordering zeb as a stormtrooper was pretty funny.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Are the episodes in this series going to be broadcast out of chronological order? I remember that was an odd thing they did with TCW.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Cross-Section posted:

Well if anything, it'll be cathartic as hell seeing it blow up over and over again if they do indeed choose to include it in the series. :shobon:

Unrelated, but your avatar reminded me I still have the official strategy guide to X-Wing lying around (although I think the avatar was from the Tie Fighter one?). That thing was massive.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Next week's episode is on WatchXD now. Fuckin' love the design of the Ghost.

Luminara!

alg fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 21, 2014

BurnBlackJay
May 31, 2011

by Lowtax
Watching this is no better than being a brony, nice one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

BurnBlackJay posted: