Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
My bathroom ceiling collapsed (possibly due to moisture - not sure) and during the clean up I inhaled a good deal of plaster dust. I put on a mask once I noticed the dust but I still ended up hacking up black phlegm for five minutes in the shower afterward (though phlegm is a healthy yellow now). Do you:

1) Think this is reason for concern?
2) Have a shower and toilet I can use?

Here's a pic!

ShaqDiesel fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Sep 26, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Sounds like you are good to go OP, hopefully the plaster was covered in the black mold that people blame their kids autism on

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
Bad news OP, you got radon poisoning.

Secks Cauldron
Aug 26, 2006

I thought they closed that place down!
It's okay, OP. It will take a very long time to die.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
mak a thread about killing all white people op

The Walking Dad
Dec 31, 2012
You'll be fine. When people get mesothelioma you are talking like decades of breathing in poo poo every day on the job.

Courage.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
lol i hope you rent

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
stay safe tuberculosis ghost

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
this is why you wear the dust mask beforehand

a safety precaution

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

yeah people do this all the time tearing down houses and doing renovations and it's no big deal. probably should have worn a mask from the start though

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

Sounds like you are good to go OP, hopefully the plaster was covered in the black mold that people blame their kids autism on

My kids autism is hereditary.

Secks Cauldron posted:

It's okay, OP. It will take a very long time to die.

Well that's a relief. I'd like to live long enough to see the new ceiling installed.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
lmao enjoy cancer in 10-20 years

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

1gnoirents posted:

lol i hope you rent

No, friend, this god damned nightmare is all mine.

s0j
May 17, 2003

get fucked, round-eye
the plaster is fine but most of what you huffed was coated in lead and asbestos so rip I guess

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
your dead and are in hell posting. turn around dude. see that endless field of fire and all those buff as hell demons? thats hell. its cool u got a computer tho, u must have hailed satan while alive

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if they got into ur lungs then they might set off a latent bioprocess from primitive times that causes your cells to mimic the molecular structure of the plaster, gradually turning first your lungs then the rest of your guts and finally your outsides into a pleaster cast until only your eyes are left, dilated and shifting and vibrating to try to communicate, but u fail and those around u question ur humanity. u will never find love and if u have it she will leave u for an enfleshed one. all u can do now, because its incurable, is to buy some magic markers and give them to your friends and they can decorate u with dongs galore, sign their names, colour u in--have u ever wanted to be black? this is ur chance!

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

ShaqDiesel posted:

My bathroom ceiling collapsed (possibly due to moisture - not sure) and during the clean up I inhaled a good deal of plaster dust. I put on a mask once I noticed the dust but I still ended up hacking up black phlegm for five minutes in the shower afterward (though phlegm is a healthy yellow now). Do you:

Here's a pic!

you now have cancer. It probably was mold too.

Phlairdon
Apr 15, 2003

If you can't stand up you can't do war!
As had been already said:

You gonna die

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I love you mesothelioma-chan!!

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
drat nigga u gone die im sorry dog

ilikedirt
Oct 15, 2004

king of posting
make sure u wear a bracelet on it from now on that says DNR on it dnr stands fior definitely needs really good service. its just in case u end up iin the hospitsl and will ensure u get the best service possible

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Cancer, really? I was only exposed for 45 minutes. Welp no use bathing now.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

ilikedirt posted:

make sure u wear a bracelet on it from now on that says DNR on it dnr stands fior definitely needs really good service. its just in case u end up iin the hospitsl and will ensure u get the best service possible

My bracelet says GNR because they rock and medical personnel need to understand this.

Cuniculous
Apr 23, 2007

kill people burn shit fuck school
I would be more worried about living in a collapsing shack over cancer.

Blahsmack
Oct 25, 2003

looks like dry rot inhaling black mold is bad

CountButtula
Jan 5, 2014
if you poop in there will you need a separate dust mask for your butt

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
rip op

fivethree
Jul 28, 2014
faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrt

Booties
Apr 4, 2006

forever and ever
lol enjoying living a long, happy life for the next 50-60 years you idiot.

we're all dying really.

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum
I did a whole bunch of research* into the matter and I can tell you OP that you sure dodged a bullet on this one, because you see plaster dust that is eighty ONE years old is the really bad stuff. The bad news is you're mortal like the rest of us, so death is certain (unless we figure out that whole immortality thing before then).

*I'm full of poo poo

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
cheetos dust is probably more dangerous

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
looks like the plaster board didnt break which is probably where the asbestos would be. you probably just breathed 80 years of general filth

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

better than inhaling 80 year old dicks, OP

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
:rip: OP

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ShaqDiesel posted:

Here's a pic!

this looks fine everything is normal here just leave it

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Ahundredbux posted:

cheetos dust is probably more dangerous

But what a way to go, eh? :pervert:

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
also theres a hacksaw in that pic u were clearly doing some redneck home reno and caussed this. lol "Moisture"

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

also theres a hacksaw in that pic u were clearly doing some redneck home reno and caussed this. lol "Moisture"

I floss my hillbilly teeth with that you entitled rear end.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

ShaqDiesel posted:

No, friend, this god damned nightmare is all mine.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooo mannnnnnn

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

can we get some pics of the ceiling op?

• Locked thread