Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Hugh Malone posted:

cool

edit: so I just have one extraneous 'and'...

got to bone up on this before 1.0 comes back

im doing some boning up a colon right now if you get my drift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Torka posted:

non-abusive incestuous relationships should be illegal because incestuous relationships are much more likely to be abusive than non-incestuous ones, and unfortunately the ability of the law to distinguish between abusive and not is pretty limited (assuming that the definition of abusive is wider than literal forcible rape)

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Torka posted:

non-abusive incestuous relationships should be illegal because incestuous relationships are much more likely to be abusive than non-incestuous ones, and unfortunately the ability of the law to distinguish between abusive and not is pretty limited (assuming that the definition of abusive is wider than literal forcible rape)

it's true that you're throwing a baby out with the bathwater by doing this but it's a creepy gross baby anyway so idc

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
I'm okaying with banning incest but the MORAL COLLAPSE peeps are pretty loving dumb, public morality changes over time and that's normal. Stagnation is death.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
There are some directions public morality shouldn't go, though, for good reasons. Whether this is one of them is up to everyone to decide for themselves, but that doesn't mean it's not true.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

you irl posted:

fyi if you are arguing with effectronica and you're the one looking like a sperglord you have seriously hosed up and should probably consider suicide

In my defense, I stopped arguing early on in favor of mocking the hell out of them. No regrets.

As for considering suicide, I would have to do something far stupider than that! You know, like unironically argue for the legalization of incest.

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp
in plato's ideal society, the family unit is broken up. parents are separated from their children at birth, and neither knows the other. instead, anyone a generation above you is called your 'father' or 'mother'; a generation below you, your 'son' or 'daughter'; and those of your generation, your brothers and sisters.

in such a society, intended for a small nation state, you might accidentally find you have the most commonality with someone who is your closest genetic neighbor

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kyrie eleison posted:

in plato's ideal society, the family unit is broken up. parents are separated from their children at birth, and neither knows the other. instead, anyone a generation above you is called your 'father' or 'mother'; a generation below you, your 'son' or 'daughter'; and those of your generation, your brothers and sisters.

in such a society, intended for a small nation state, you might accidentally find you have the most commonality with someone who is your closest genetic neighbor

ur bronze as hell

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Orkin Mang posted:

ur bronze as hell

if you check the grenade next to my name, you will find i am a higher tier than even plato envisioned

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
im silver so i can bang golds

you? you labour around wheat or something, i dontcare *fondles katamaite*

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

The Snark posted:

In my defense, I stopped arguing early on in favor of mocking the hell out of them. No regrets.

like a puppetmaster pulling the strings you masterfully tweaked his rod

quote:

As for considering suicide, I would have to do something far stupider than that! You know, like unironically argue for the legalization of incest.

420 bang my mother every day

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

you irl posted:

im doing some boning up a colon right now if you get my drift

as long as it's not your sister's

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013

you irl posted:

420 bang my mother every day

peer pressure is a hell of a drug

Companion Cube
Oct 11, 2007

We do what we must because WAAAAAAAAAGH!

Seems like Germany has some kind of aversion to enforcing eugenics via imprisonment or something

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Fister Roboto posted:

Close, I'm trying to say that banning incest between consenting adults because you think it's icky is like banning gay sex between consenting adults because you think it's icky.
lol

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER
As long as they don`t burden society with retarted incest babies i got no problem with sibling incest. Sure it`s gross but as long as it dosen`t effect me i don`t care. Go ahead and legalize it Germans, just make sure to make abortion of incest babies mandatory as well.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Baudolino posted:

As long as they don`t burden society with retarted incest babies i got no problem with sibling incest. Sure it`s gross but as long as it dosen`t effect me i don`t care. Go ahead and legalize it Germans, just make sure to make abortion of incest babies mandatory as well.

Most incest babies are pretty normal, it's only when the incest goes on for a few generations that you start seeing big problems

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Kyrie eleison posted:

sounds kinda cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Pththya-lyi posted:

Most incest babies are pretty normal, it's only when the incest goes on for a few generations that you start seeing big problems

I'm going to take this as a green light to gently caress my cousin

• Locked thread