Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

BottledBodhisvata posted:

If you're American you can't talk about sex because Americans hate sex the most of all countries.

no thats glorious nihon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
dont think this is that crazy tbqh, in a real nation, like germany, the issues of incest, such as abuse and rape, are actually taken care of via law in other areas, allowing them to legalize non-problematic versions of the act

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

There isn't really even a much higher chance of birth defects either unless you're a Hapsburg rear end and your family has been inbreeding for quite a while.
while this may be true of cousin marriage, it is certainly not the case for actual siblings, where the probabilities of deformities arising are much higher, hth

quote:

“Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” the German Ethics Council said in a statement.
and while I certainly agree with the sentiment expressed here I gotta say that man, incest is like the last of places I would ever think to start on that issue. I cant imagine it being a very pressing issue. like is there even a single person serving time who was convicted based on those laws? as opposed to, say, the thousands of people affected by drug prohibition, for instance.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

that dude just wants to gently caress his sister

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

PrBacterio posted:

I cant imagine it being a very pressing issue. like is there even a single person serving time who was convicted based on those laws? as opposed to, say, the thousands of people affected by drug prohibition, for instance.

It actually says in the committee's statement why they decided to talk about that issue. So I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
what really happened

is that they saw pictures of romeo rose

and thought

hey

we can make jaws larger than that but how

the answer

insist on incest

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Randler posted:

It actually says in the committee's statement why they decided to talk about that issue. So I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.
if youre going to argue that you shouldnt be legislating social taboos, then a single affected couple - with half of their children actually even having disabilities, presumably precisely due to the incestuous nature of their parents' relationship - still doesn't make it a pressing issue when compared to the thousands of people affected every day by drug criminalization

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

PrBacterio posted:

if youre going to argue that you shouldnt be legislating social taboos, then a single affected couple - with half of their children actually even having disabilities, presumably precisely due to the incestuous nature of their parents' relationship - still doesn't make it a pressing issue when compared to the thousands of people affected every day by drug criminalization

Or you could just admit that you were to lazy to actually read the statement. Nothing wrong about that, it's GBS after all. :)

The reason the Ethikrat talked about it was due to the ECHR throwing out the complaint of that one dude mentioned earlier.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

PrBacterio posted:

lets put this another way: is all thats needed for drugs to be decriminalized in germany now that a single heroin junkie goes to that same ethics committee and tells them that "hey maybe you shouldnt be legislating criminal law based on social taboos"?

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

PrBacterio posted:

lets put this another way: is all thats needed for drugs to be decriminalized in germany now that a single heroin junkie goes to that same ethics committee and tells them that "hey maybe you shouldnt be legislating criminal law based on social taboos"?

a single person can act as a representative for a large group of people yo, there's this famous heroin addict called Rosa parks you may want to look up. I mean the reevaluation of laws isn't solely the result of class action lawsuits.

ne way your argument is like saying that we shouldn't address municipal issues until we've resolved all national issues. An issue that affects comparatively few people is still a issue that needs to be looked at and resolved.

Like yeah it sucks that they're not looking at more important things i guess but maybe to the average german the idea of two adult siblings loving is less controversial than legalizing heroin, they'd probably have to bring something like that to a general vote(? idk the german legal system).

Maybe the committee doesn't think they'll win that vote at this point in time so it's not worth trying to change yet so they pick at the smaller things instead?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
if you have sex with your sister i will put you in a death camp :)

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
First homos, then cousins, then what? Pedophiles? Zoophiles?

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
it will be animal sex for sure. hopefully society will have collapsed before childfucking can become the big liberal cause.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

pedophilia was much more accepted in the 1970's than it is now

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
republicans were right all along! :wth:

time to rope up the gays and incinerate them anymore before this slippery slope gets out of hand

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Phlegmish posted:

pedophilia was much more accepted in the 1970's than it is now

Which is coincidentally the time a lot of liberals founded their own private schools in Germany. Schools that now seem to become quite prominent in the news. Germany probably needs some kind of denazification process but this time for the left.

Oh, and Germany also recognized polygamy in some cases thanks to liberals.

Randler fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Sep 26, 2014

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
no polygamy will be next
==

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Countries in Europe which allow incest between consenting adults include France, Spain, the Benelux and Portugal.

The 1810 penal code promulgated by Napoleon I and adopted throughout most of Europe abolished incest laws in France , Belgium and Luxembourg. On 27 January 2010, France reinstated laws against incest. The new law, however, defines incest as rape or sexual abuse on a minor "by a relative or any other person having lawful or de facto authority over the victim". Incest between consenting adults is not prohibited

im learning a lot about INCEST

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I agree OP, we should definitely be banning certain people from having sex, despite both parties being consenting adults, based on how icky society thinks it is.

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

Randler posted:

Oh, and Germany also recognized polygamy in some cases thanks to liberals.

What's so bad about polygamy?

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Das Boo posted:

I could at least see where the line of thought is in the committee's case. What kills me is the idea you can bang your sister/brother/son/daughter because they're an adult and you haven't at all fostered a relationship that will make that a possibility at magic eighteen.

Magic 18, lol age of consent is 14 in Germany.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
realktalk, i had no idea polygamy was illegal in so many countries lol

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Mycroft Holmes posted:

What's so bad about polygamy?

Two sets of in-laws. :rimshot:

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Chris Awful posted:

The conservatives were correct about the slippery slope. Doesn't beastiality come after LGBT rights and incest on the slippery slope?

Liberal mission creep is a real thing and the radical left is going to just keep following along. Leftists will continue waiting for liberals to vanquish every microaggression before the real emancipatory work can begin.

"How can we fight for the common man when the common man is already so privileged? Do you not recognize the social violence which characterizes the life of a dogfuckerthe zoophiliac community?"

Miltank fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Sep 26, 2014

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Magic 18, lol age of consent is 14 in Germany.
16, strictly.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

butplug accident posted:

First homos, then cousins, then what? Pedophiles? Zoophiles?

http://www.spiegel.de/international/zeitgeist/the-sexual-revolution-and-children-how-the-left-took-things-too-far-a-702679.html

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Chris Awful posted:

The conservatives were correct about the slippery slope. Doesn't beastiality come after LGBT rights and incest on the slippery slope?

That's because it's not really a slippery slope fallacy. All of this is the completely predictable and guaranteed logical implications of the new rules we have set up.

By making "consenting adults" the main criteria for sex, we have guaranteed the inevitable legality of incest and polygamy.

And by defending all desires as "uncontrollable urges we are born with", we have assured that pedophilia and beastiality will be viewed as conditions deserving of sympathy and understanding rather than simply perverse deviations a person has chosen to develop.

If you disagree you are a bigot and should be fired

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Cardiovorax posted:

16, strictly.

For somebody who is allegedly German you really suck at knowing stuff about Germany. DoctorStrangelove is right, it's 14.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Polygamy is problematic when it happens in tight knit religious communities where the ideas indoctrinated since childhood.

If a group of adults meet up and decide they want to live in the same house and gently caress each other for the rest of their lives I can't really argue with that. Maybe assign a social worker to the case to make sure nothing funkys going on/ make it easier for an individual to leave the situation if they change their mind.

Also social workers for these incest relationships to.

There I just neatly solved everything through the tactical use of infallible social workers, give me my medal germany.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Randler posted:

For somebody who is allegedly German you really suck at knowing stuff about Germany. DoctorStrangelove is right, it's 14.
Before age 16 it's basically up to the arbitration of the courts to decide if any given relationship is abusive or not. If the parents decide that they do not condone the relationship, it's no longer allowed. So no, 14 is not the age of consent. It's the age of decriminalization. After the age of 16 you can do whatever you drat well please, but not before. Which is a difference.

Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Randler posted:

Im pretty sure it's 16 unless your under 18 yourself, in which case its 14, which makes the latter case a "romeo&juliet" exception in actual fact

Kyrie eleison
Jan 26, 2013

by Ralp

Digital Fingers posted:

Polygamy is problematic when it happens in tight knit religious communities where the ideas indoctrinated since childhood.

If a group of adults meet up and decide they want to live in the same house and gently caress each other for the rest of their lives I can't really argue with that. Maybe assign a social worker to the case to make sure nothing funkys going on/ make it easier for an individual to leave the situation if they change their mind.

Also social workers for these incest relationships to.

There I just neatly solved everything through the tactical use of infallible social workers, give me my medal germany.

lets assign social workers to gays too, to make sure they arent getting up to anything too crazy

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I cut my hand and mixed my blood with a really good friend of mine and we called eachother BLOOD BROTHERS. Then I came in his rear end

is this incest??

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

PrBacterio posted:

Im pretty sure it's 16 unless your under 18 yourself, in which case its 14, which makes the latter case a "romeo&juliet" exception in actual fact

Under German law children (under the age of 14), do not have any ability of sexual self-determination so that sexual acts involving them are illegal. From the age of fourteen onwards they are generally assumed to have (an evolving) ability of sexual self-determination. Incidentally, the age of fourteen is also the point where they gain criminal responsibility. While they are over the age of fourteen but not yet adults there are various criminal laws that offer them increased protection compared to full responsible adults, but those are not strictly linked to a specific aid but regarding certain circumstances and actions compromising their abilty of sexual self-determination. The fact that they are considered to have that ability from the age of 14 and onward, however, does make the age of consent under German law 14. :spergin:

Cardiovorax posted:

Before age 16 it's basically up to the arbitration of the courts to decide if any given relationship is abusive or not. If the parents decide that they do not condone the relationship, it's no longer allowed. So no, 14 is not the age of consent. It's the age of decriminalization. After the age of 16 you can do whatever you drat well please, but not before. Which is a difference.

Also you're an rear end in a top hat.

You're understanding of German criminal law is even more misguided than your habit of nazi apologetics. The latter, incidentally, being the reason I do not care that much about whether or not you think I'm an rear end in a top hat.

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
not that it probably matters much to you but I really have to agree with him that youre an rear end in a top hat, though
really, the degree of sheer narcissistic, self-satisfied smugness you regularly put on display must have taken quite an amount of effort to cultivate

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Randler posted:

Fun fact: That line of thinking does not show up one bit in the committee's report and they explicitly only reviewed reports of half-siblings who met while adults.

(Wait, that's not a fun fact! That means there are people in official positions who basically are as sloppy as goons. :negative:)
Its a dumb argument though. There are already laws against raping your minor sibling/child because that's you know, rape. Their reasoning that as long as doesn't hurt anyone its not the government's business is entirely reasonable and the who goons want to immediately go to "anyone who support this wants to bone their sister" should probably sterilize themselves so they don't pass on their stupid genes.

As far as eugenics go, sure I'll accept that argument if we apply it consistently but I don't think anyone actually wants that.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You know what, forget it. I don't know why I even bothered talking to you.

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Kyrie eleison posted:

lets assign social workers to gays too, to make sure they arent getting up to anything too crazy

making sure a incestous relationship doesn't involve a older sibling grooming a younger or a polygamous relationship doesn't involve a group of people cowing a person into staying in marriage they don't want to be a part of isn't the same as monitoring the actions of gays.

In a lot of schemes legalizing drug use involves increased health support for drug users, safe places to use them, clean needles to inject; same idea behind legalizing prostitution. Legalization of these things are as much about risk management as indulging people's "inherit rights" to do these thing.

Incest and polygamy carry inherent risks but it's going to happen whether it's outlawed or not so you may as well make it so these people feel they have less to hide so it's easier to control the risks involved.

tl;dr: lets assign social workers to you, cuz you straight up retarded.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
what if i want to have sex with my social worker??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Fingers
Sep 2, 2012

Xaris posted:

what if i want to have sex with my social worker??

They have social workers that'll gently caress you in some northern EU countries iirc

• Locked thread