Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
You know, I don't think I ever heard anyone in America say that gays have the right to marry because consenting adults choosing their own mate is a fundamental right. Even liberals framed it by saying the burden of proof was on conservatives to find a non-religious reason to keep it illegal. While liberals were technically correct, their framing of the issue made it sound like it was more about moral nihilism than two people who honestly love each other wanting to spend their lives together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Yaldabaoth posted:

You know, I don't think I ever heard anyone in America say that gays have the right to marry because consenting adults choosing their own mate is a fundamental right.

It's because "fundamental right" is the translation of the German technical term "Grundrecht" which describes certain rights protected by Germany's constitution. The German commission phrases it that way because it wants its position to be considered a legal opinion.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Whorelord posted:

what is it with the germans and being really loving weird about sex stuff

is it the language or the awful stodgy food
i can't remember the last time we had a "nipplegate scandal." just saying.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Randler posted:

It's because "fundamental right" is the translation of the German technical term "Grundrecht" which describes certain rights protected by Germany's constitution. The German commission phrases it that way because it wants its position to be considered a legal opinion.

It's still a fundamental right of sapient beings to choose their own mate so long as it's a sapient being too, regardless of what a constitution says

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Yaldabaoth posted:

It's still a fundamental right of sapient beings to choose their own mate so long as it's a sapient being too, regardless of what a constitution says

I was only taking a guess as to why that form of phrasing was not part of the American discourse. Though from the fact that nobody in America uses it, I'd also assume that there might be a lot of people who disagree with your stance that sapient beings get to choose their own mate. (Just in case the vocal anti-gay marriage opposition didn't make it clear and stuff.)

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

site posted:

On the one hand, kinda curious as to just how prevalent incest is in Germany if there had to be some high committee ruling on the issue. On the other hand, I really, really don't wanna know.

I think there was a high profile case a few years back. IIRC two siblings who weren't raised together and first met as adult started a relationship. The court said to stop that poo poo.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Moridin920 posted:

most mexicans are religious but don't necessarily vote for the GOP

being far right doesn't mean how they vote, and yes most vote for the left because it gets them or family more free stuff/doesn't get them kicked out of country.

milkingmycow
Mar 28, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Deutschland, in allen

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Randler posted:

I'd also assume that there might be a lot of people who disagree with your stance that sapient beings get to choose their own mate. (Just in case the vocal anti-gay marriage opposition didn't make it clear and stuff.)

Yeah well those people probably also think a black person is worth only 3/5ths of a white person and women shouldn't have the right to vote, but those parts of the constitution were amended all the same

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
If I had a hot sis I would totally be banging it. Sex in the same home. How much more convenient can you get?

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

General Bort posted:

I think there was a high profile case a few years back. IIRC two siblings who weren't raised together and first met as adult started a relationship. The court said to stop that poo poo.

Found it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_St%C3%BCbing

quote:

Patrick Stübing (born 1977 in Leipzig, East Germany) is a German locksmith who has been in an incestuous relationship with his biological sister, Susan Karolewski, since 2001. The relationship has produced four children: Eric, Sarah, Nancy, and Sofia. Sofia, the only healthy child, remains with the couple. Two children suffer from severe physical and mental disabilities, and another was born with a heart condition that required a heart transplant. All three disabled children were placed in foster care.

quote:

Karolewski is mentally subnormal, semi-literate, and was 16 at the time of giving birth to their first child in October 2001.

loving your underage mentally retarded sister sounds like a good time to use protection.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

you irl posted:

goddammit germany you even hosed up the sexual revolution

Eh it's not just germany US hippies had similar beliefs. one of those one size fits all solutions where every single social problem is attributed to sexual repression so all sexual repression is bad, even for children

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I like the idea that defending goons think that incestuous relationships are between two consenting adults when the vast majority of incest begins wellll before one or even both parties are adults. If you've been abusing your sister since she was thirteen, that don't make it okay when she's eighteen.

apple orchard of dreams
Jun 18, 2001
You are loving gay if you don't think about banging your hot sister.

I'm gay.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
does it count as incest if ur masturbatin and u just happen to have two heads but only one body, what does the law say on this

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Das Boo posted:

I like the idea that defending goons think that incestuous relationships are between two consenting adults when the vast majority of incest begins wellll before one or even both parties are adults. If you've been abusing your sister since she was thirteen, that don't make it okay when she's eighteen.

Fun fact: That line of thinking does not show up one bit in the committee's report and they explicitly only reviewed reports of half-siblings who met while adults.

(Wait, that's not a fun fact! That means there are people in official positions who basically are as sloppy as goons. :negative:)

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

Zzulu posted:

does it count as incest if ur masturbatin and u just happen to have two heads but only one body, what does the law say on this

Depends. Do they have two vaginas or just one?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Randler posted:

Fun fact: That line of thinking does not show up one bit in the committee's report and they explicitly only reviewed reports of half-siblings who met while adults.

(Wait, that's not a fun fact! That means there are people in official positions who basically are as sloppy as goons. :negative:)

I could at least see where the line of thought is in the committee's case. What kills me is the idea you can bang your sister/brother/son/daughter because they're an adult and you haven't at all fostered a relationship that will make that a possibility at magic eighteen.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW
isn't the 3/5 compromise still in effect but it only applied to slaves and we don't have those anymore?

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

General Bort posted:

Depends. Do they have two vaginas or just one?

One. Some dude just married ONE of the twins. I wonder if he's allowed to make eye contact with the second twin when he's loving both of them. Maybe she has to wear a bag or put up a partition.

These are the important questions the stupid interviews never answer.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

poasting from gbs1.0!!!!! lol!!!! *word vomit nobody reads or qoutes that somehow isn't a shitpost*

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im the head that didn't get married and has to kind of just follow along now

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laws_regarding_incest#United_States

e: lol http://www.cousincouples.com/

Slush Garbo fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Sep 26, 2014

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Cardiovorax posted:

It's not like there really needs to be a law against this anyway. Most sane people won't even consider it because Westermarck effect and all, and the kind that would anyway doesn't care about the law to begin with. The last time I actually heard about there being an occasion to enforce this was like a decade ago.

wrong

http://www.news.com.au/national/incest-mum-betty-colt-faces-court-over-alleged-kidnap-attempt/story-fncynjr2-1227044022716

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
lol at german leftists wanting incest as, like, an immediate concern that needs addressed. can germans do anything without it being the evil version?

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

SirEvelynTremble posted:

The Bela Kun regime in Hungary in 1919 started a weird "Bolshevik sex education" program where promiscuity, homosexuality and infidelity were indoctrinated into the kids. Eastern European sexual weirdness probably stems from this

Bela Kun or Bela Kohen? really makes uthink

about cultural marxism

you irl
Jan 22, 2014

Das Boo posted:

maybe they should make child abuse illegal?? just brainstorming

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

Yaldabaoth posted:

You know, I don't think I ever heard anyone in America say that gays have the right to marry because consenting adults choosing their own mate is a fundamental right. Even liberals framed it by saying the burden of proof was on conservatives to find a non-religious reason to keep it illegal. While liberals were technically correct, their framing of the issue made it sound like it was more about moral nihilism than two people who honestly love each other wanting to spend their lives together

gay people are incapable of love only lust, lust after buttholes

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Libelous Slander posted:

lol at german leftists wanting incest as, like, an immediate concern that needs addressed. can germans do anything without it being the evil version?
Sausage?

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011
all im saying is that hitler was right imo

you irl
Jan 22, 2014
what was the evil version of the holocaust?

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
As long as they dont procreate there is literally nothing wrong with incest between consenting adults :D Prove me wrong

Kombotron
Aug 11, 2011

butplug accident posted:

As long as they dont procreate there is literally nothing wrong with incest between consenting adults :D Prove me wrong

a bullet to the head

bang! ur dead

a veritable solution to cultural degeneracy

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

BottledBodhisvata posted:

If you're American you can't talk about sex because Americans hate sex the most of all countries.

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...

I contend that ground meats are the evil version of their butcher cuts counterparts

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Libelous Slander posted:

I contend that ground meats are the evil version of their butcher cuts counterparts
Counterpoint: They are still delicious.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

you irl posted:

maybe they should make child abuse illegal?? just brainstorming

I'm saying they tend to go hand in hand, doofus.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

ban for self-quoting (quoted text itself is also dumb and gay)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Das Boo posted:

ah yes the woody allen gambit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

it makes more sense when yoy realize that germans are dying out and they don't actually have siblings

• Locked thread