Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Moridin920 posted:

There isn't really even a much higher chance of birth defects either unless you're a Hapsburg rear end and your family has been inbreeding for quite a while.
while this may be true of cousin marriage, it is certainly not the case for actual siblings, where the probabilities of deformities arising are much higher, hth

quote:

“Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” the German Ethics Council said in a statement.
and while I certainly agree with the sentiment expressed here I gotta say that man, incest is like the last of places I would ever think to start on that issue. I cant imagine it being a very pressing issue. like is there even a single person serving time who was convicted based on those laws? as opposed to, say, the thousands of people affected by drug prohibition, for instance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Randler posted:

It actually says in the committee's statement why they decided to talk about that issue. So I'll assume that is a rhetorical question.
if youre going to argue that you shouldnt be legislating social taboos, then a single affected couple - with half of their children actually even having disabilities, presumably precisely due to the incestuous nature of their parents' relationship - still doesn't make it a pressing issue when compared to the thousands of people affected every day by drug criminalization

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

PrBacterio posted:

if youre going to argue that you shouldnt be legislating social taboos, then a single affected couple - with half of their children actually even having disabilities, presumably precisely due to the incestuous nature of their parents' relationship - still doesn't make it a pressing issue when compared to the thousands of people affected every day by drug criminalization
lets put this another way: is all thats needed for drugs to be decriminalized in germany now that a single heroin junkie goes to that same ethics committee and tells them that "hey maybe you shouldnt be legislating criminal law based on social taboos"?

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Randler posted:

For somebody who is allegedly German you really suck at knowing stuff about Germany. DoctorStrangelove is right, it's 14.
Im pretty sure it's 16 unless your under 18 yourself, in which case its 14, which makes the latter case a "romeo&juliet" exception in actual fact

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000
not that it probably matters much to you but I really have to agree with him that youre an rear end in a top hat, though
really, the degree of sheer narcissistic, self-satisfied smugness you regularly put on display must have taken quite an amount of effort to cultivate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrBacterio
Jul 19, 2000

Frostwerks posted:

puts the ending of aguirre:tWoG in a whole new light
apparently the main actor from that film sexually abused his daughters for years on end, iirc

• Locked thread