Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I agree OP, we should definitely be banning certain people from having sex, despite both parties being consenting adults, based on how icky society thinks it is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DoctorStrangelove posted:

goons sincerely defending sister fuckers itt.

goons sincerely wanting to ban consenting adults having sex because they think it's gross itt

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

CharlestonJew posted:

why do you want to gently caress your sister

only gay people support gay rights

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

well poo poo i better start sucking dick then

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

So I guess grooming is 100% A-OK as long as you're not related to the victim.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Miltank posted:

no its still bad.

Then why are incest laws necessary to prevent it?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hugh Malone posted:

Article 16.

(1) Men and women of full age, without any limitation due to race, nationality or religion, have the right to marry and to found a family. They are entitled to equal rights as to marriage, during marriage and at its dissolution.
(2) Marriage shall be entered into only with the free and full consent of the intending spouses.
(3) The family is the natural and fundamental group unit of society and is entitled to protection by society and the State.

It doesn't specifically exclude incest, but I could see someone making an argument that consanguinuity is not specifically protected or allowed for here, and that sec.3 could be used to support a law against it.

e:http://www.un.org/en/documents/udhr/

e2: vvvv get a room you two vvvv

It also doesn't specifically protect gay marriage either.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Miltank posted:

hmm don't know what your asking and I don't care. Incest is bad and grooming is bad.

Agreed, so is gay sex, according to many, or even most.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Miltank posted:

I think he is trying to say that hating motherfuckers is just like hating gays.

Close, I'm trying to say that banning incest between consenting adults because you think it's icky is like banning gay sex between consenting adults because you think it's icky.

You see, many people are capable of disapproving of or even hating an action while simultaneously recognizing a person's right to do that action.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Miltank posted:

Its not really like that though because they are different things? Why recognize a person's nonexistent right to gently caress their daughter when I can correctly say that such a right doesn't exist and throw them into jail?

Because you can use that same line of reasoning to outlaw homosexuality, which is the point I'm trying to make.

"I don't like thing therefore thing should be banned" is generally not a persuasive argument.

Fister Roboto fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Sep 29, 2014

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ArbitraryC posted:

Im just of the opinion that two consenting adults should be able to have sex with each other if they want to. Rape and pedophilia is already illegal so if we remove factors such as "does not consent" and "Is incapable of consent" then if two adult siblings want to bone it seems ridiculous to make a law specifically against that just because you or I think it's gross. “Criminal law is not the appropriate means to preserve a social taboo,” is a fantastic conclusion and we really should implement such a philosophy more often. Drug laws for example would be instantly repealed if we looked towards reducing harm rather than legislating morality.

Restrictions of freedoms should be based on tangible evidence that it causes more harm to society as a whole to have that freedom unrestricted. It directly hurts me if I get mugged or murdered, it doesn't hurt me if my neighbors are related and gently caress each other. If it doesn't hurt them either then what is the point of outlawing it?

This is pretty much all that needs to be said, thank you and god bless.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Miltank posted:

Criminal law is literally nothing but the enforcement of social taboo.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kyrie eleison posted:

The First Incestual President

That would be FDR (married his 5th cousin once removed) and probably several others with even closer ties before that.

• Locked thread