Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Rookersh posted:

I don't.

I only buy EA games that are done enough that even if the devs gently caress off with the money then and there, I'll still be able to look at what I bought and feel like I got a good deal.

Doorkickers, Prison Architect, Gnomoria, and a few others are all EA games that fall in that camp for me.

I'm also willing to jump in on EA games that have a good update history, or the devs have a roadmap they are sticking to. Full Mojo Rampage, Crypt of the Necrodancer, or Book of Unwritten Tales 2 are in this catagory.

Sometimes I'm willing to buy off name alone. I know Klei has delivered on EA games before, and works well with a budget, as such I can likely trust them with Invisible Inc, even if it's not quite done. Gaslamp is goonrun, and they've been pretty open about everything, so I feel if I bought that I'd eventually end up getting something resembling what they promised out of it. I don't do this often though, because I don't want unfinished games on my account, and by the time I buy them, they'll usually be almost done/show they've got a plan.

I've only had one bad case with EA so far and that was Spacebase. Even then it was because I trusted Double Fine as a company, and was willing to buy off the initial pitch. Even then I was slightly disappointed in myself for buying it on day one, because it lacked content even back then. But I learned my lesson from that, so that likely won't happen again.

DOn't use EA as an acronym for early access, I will savagely attack you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Arnold of Soissons posted:

you're kidding right? ofc goons love throwing dollars at the screen.

Your av is sick

• Locked thread