Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Losing to the 2014 Buccs is a thrashing by default

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

The Texans currently have 50% more wins than they had all of last year :toot:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I miss Jordan Gross and Travelle Wharton.

Rivera and co should have fired Shula and hired Chudzinski the second he was available and they should bring Greg hardy back straight away.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

INSPECTAH DECK posted:

That wasn't a thrashing.

You lost Mike Glennon and the Tampa Lovies. You know what Mike Glennon is going to be doing next year? Playing the loving Scarecrow on that lovely Gotham show, cuz he sure ain't playing football again.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Dennis Allen's win percentage as a Head Coach is .222

If he were a baseball player, he'd be Andy Laroche

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Wanvig posted:

The Texans currently have 50% more wins than they had all of last year :toot:

4 games in and still haven't given up a pick 6! (thrown 5 picks though :v: )

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Intruder posted:

4 games in and still haven't given up a pick 6! (thrown 5 picks though :v: )

Neither has Schaub. :smug:

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Except for now he's our starter. Goddammit.

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

MAO TSE-TUNGACUNT posted:

Also, credit where credit is due: Fat Randy loving owns now.

In college he was absolute dog poo poo his first year and then went on to win or be a finalist for a field goal kicker award by his senior year, so that matches up with his trend.

Democratic Pirate fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Sep 28, 2014

Spork o Doom
May 31, 2011
That was as Billsy a loss as Bills games get. EJ Manuel should be asked to Throw himself in front of the team buss and Hackett should be fired tomorrow. This team could take the division with anyone half decent at the wheel. loving hell Marrone I am glad Pagula is already looking out for your replacement even if you are no Dick Jauron.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
JJ Watt had an 80 yard pick six and was out running would be tacklers. Jesus loving Christ.

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

Spork o Doom posted:

EJ Manuel should be asked to Throw himself in front of the team buss

I don't know that EJ should be asked to throw anything

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
other than a game

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

@KristianRDyer
Walking off the field, a fan jeers at Geno. Smith responds with "gently caress you." #Jets #Nyjets

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

e: wrong thread

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Chris James 2 posted:

@KristianRDyer
Walking off the field, a fan jeers at Geno. Smith responds with "gently caress you." #Jets #Nyjets

the QB New York deserves

Wanvig
Sep 8, 2003

Democratic Pirate posted:

In college he was absolute dog poo poo his first year and then went on to win or be a finalist for a field goal kicker award by his senior year, so that matches up with his trend.

Last year was a lot of fun: me complaining about how much Fat Randy sucks to my Aggie friends, and them saying "uhh well one time he singlehandedly won us a game against Nebraska!". As if that would mean anything to me.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

b0ng posted:

JJ Watt had an 80 yard pick six and was out running would be tacklers. Jesus loving Christ.

To be fair, no one was really anywhere near him once he had that ball and started running. I have to wonder if some of those guys were even trying except EJ Manuel, who also seemed to give up pretty fast. I mean, do YOU want to get embarrassed on national TV trying to tackle JJ loving Watt?

It was an awesome play, don't get me wrong, but this doesn't fall into "fat men running with footballs" territory. If he was really "lumbering" like the bonehead announcer said (he loving wasn't, dude was running pretty goddamn fast) I'm sure someone would have at least tried to catch him. Most of the Bills gave up because good loving luck when Watt has a 10+ yard head start on you.

Watt runs a 4.8 40, IIRC. It's not like trying to run down Vince Wilfork or BJ Raji.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 28, 2014

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

C-Euro posted:

Lions hold on to a one-score lead on the road, and I get engaged. This weekend proves that miracles do happen :toot:

Congratulations!

Lions win on the road with a hobbled Calvin, Tigers also win, Bears get annihilated, Golden Tate is great, Darius Slay is great, Eric Ebron is good, doesn't look like this game put more starters on IR. Not too bad a day.

Shangri-Law School fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Sep 28, 2014

E_Motion
Oct 26, 2004

Your fortuitous arrival is most welcome! Now, I am spared the bother of hunting you down!

College Slice
I just came back from watching Redzone with friends, so I only saw highlights of the Ravens game, mainly offense.
As far as I could see, the offense was pretty awesome, but how was the defense? Panthers scored only 10 points, but was that because of Panthers ineptness or was the Baltimore D actually good?

It was awesome how Steve Smith scored 2 TDs against his former team, best Ravens FA acquisition in years!

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Just remembered I bought tickets for the Raiders/Broncos game at mile high. 3 days after christmas. :shepface:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Obligatory Chargers win post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcyM3o-HpCA

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

@KristianRDyer

One tv station claims they have video, I'm waiting like hell for that to be posted

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
EJ Manuel is a loving babby 1 read, poo poo thrower. Watkins dropped like 3 catches, Woods seemed not to look for the ball. The Bills gave up the run really eraly, asking EJ to overthrow the game for them. JJ's int was on the back of EJ not loving looking where he was throwing and the Bills relying on a dink-dunk passing game because EJ is as accurate as pissing in the face of a hurricane.

xeria
Jul 26, 2004

Ruh roh...
Boy I can't wait til the Jags have a running game and defense again.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Why is it a problem for Geno to say that?

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

Holy moly Joe Flacco has not been sacked for three straight games

This offensive line is real freaking good

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Charles Johnson: 0 Tackles, 0 Sacks, 1 "hurry"

FeedingHam2Cats
Nov 10, 2009

E_Motion posted:

I just came back from watching Redzone with friends, so I only saw highlights of the Ravens game, mainly offense.
As far as I could see, the offense was pretty awesome, but how was the defense? Panthers scored only 10 points, but was that because of Panthers ineptness or was the Baltimore D actually good?

It was awesome how Steve Smith scored 2 TDs against his former team, best Ravens FA acquisition in years!

The run defense was really good (though the Panthers aren't the best means of measuring) and the pass defense looked way better than last week, though it looked pretty terrible for parts of the first half

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I can understand why Marrone wants to stand by EJ. He was always supposed to be a project QB and he just started his second year. In a game like today, the entire offense was dysfunctional. Receivers dropped passes and the line couldn't keep EJ upright. He was also asked to do a lot more, throwing for more passes in a single game than he ever has in his career.

But for real, let's start Orton.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
The Chargers have zero running game but as long as Philip Rivers continues to rule, we can hold out until Ryan Mathews comes back.

Keenan Allen: 10 receptions, 135 Yards
Eddie Royal: 5 receptions, 105 yards, 2 TDs

:bolo:

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

BlindSite posted:

I miss Jordan Gross and Travelle Wharton.

Rivera and co should have fired Shula and hired Chudzinski the second he was available and they should bring Greg hardy back straight away.

My dream is that tomorrow Gettleman steps up to the podium and says "gently caress human decency, this is footbahl." And then greg hardy is reinstated, Byron Bell is benched, and the best left tackle available is brought onboard at gunpoint.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

This is now the Vikings 2014 Aftermath

Get well soon Bridgewater :smith:

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

ROSS MY SALAD posted:

The Chargers have zero running game

God Dammit Donald

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Fenrir posted:

God Dammit Donald

i could go without seeing another shotgun draw for the rest of my life, thanks

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine

Volkerball posted:

Just remembered I bought tickets for the Raiders/Broncos game at mile high. 3 days after christmas. :shepface:

i have tickets for the Raiders/Chargers game in two weeks, yay :effort:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

This is now the Vikings 2014 Aftermath

Get well soon Bridgewater :smith:

It's okay, just a sprain!

Short week will be interesting, My guess is if the game called for him, he would have gone back in,

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Why is it a problem for Geno to say that?

Once you turn on the fans it's over. The papers and radio guys won't leave that alone.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Bivens posted:

i have tickets for the Raiders/Chargers game in two weeks, yay :effort:

What are the chances the A's force another late night of football?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

What are the chances the A's force another late night of football?

None since they're gonna lose on Tuesday or whenever the wild card game is

• Locked thread